What has God been teaching you?

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Illyricum
Apprentice

What has God been teaching you?

Post #1

Post by Illyricum »

What has God been teaching you? Wether it's in your own quiet time with Him, or at church, or at a bible study, or just during your every day life, is there something you've learned lately that you'd like to share?
So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:19

Saskia
Student

Post #2

Post by Saskia »

God has been teaching me (and, incidentally, a lot of my friends) all this year, that I need to pray more! I'm a bit passionate about prayer right now because I really believe that God can do wonderful things through us his church when we pray.
He's also been teaching me how to accept grace, and how to be patient (learning patience SUCKS lol)

emmy27z

Post #3

Post by emmy27z »

God has been teaching me how to respect other peoples beliefs. before i would just say your wrong and full of crap and stuff, if a mormon commercial would come on i would throw somethign at the tv but now im slowly learning to listen and not get so flustered

emmy27z

Post #4

Post by emmy27z »

God has been teaching me how to respect other peoples beliefs. before i would just say your wrong and full of crap and stuff, if a mormon commercial would come on i would throw somethign at the tv but now im slowly learning to listen and not get so flustered

adherent
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by adherent »

God has been teaching me to:

1) Honor my parents. I am still having some problems doing this, so feel free to pray for me.

2) Channel my exasperation toward non-christians into telling them that God will forgive their sins and that they can join me in heaven. Our few years on earth is only the beginning of our ETERNITY :shock: :shock: with Christ in heaven. Plot it on a number line and you'll see waht i mean.

3) To stop being self-centered. Yep, I'll be needing your prayers on this.

4) To read the bible and pray.

kimberly5699
Student

Post #6

Post by kimberly5699 »

God has been teaching me how important it is to show love to people and how we as Chrisitans get so caught up in going to "church" and creating this big glorious building to worship in and we fail to realize that where ever we go we are the church because we have Jesus Christ inside of us. As christians we should concentrate more on saving souls and showing the love of Christ that building a big glorious building to worship him in. It is easy to read the bible but much more difficult to apply it to our lives. When we read the bible it is knowledge but when we apply the principles to our lives it is wisdom.
Kimberly :D