Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Actively Christian Versus the Inactive

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

Dear you

I seek to clarify the importance of the 10 Commandments in light of these:

1. Keep the commandments, say Jesus

2. Be not deceived by the Devil to become evil...

1 Peter 2:1
1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.

2 Corinthians 11:13
13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.

Psalm 36:3
3 The words of their mouths are wicked and deceitful; they fail to act wisely or do good.

Proverbs 12:5
5 The plans of the righteous are just, but the advice of the wicked is deceitful.

2 Timothy 3:13
13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

One is definite, but I wonder if we together can work how the list of references look in the end.

The question, really, is the standing of The 10 Commandments and the importance of being actively Christian in order to not become evil.

What say you? Old testament? New Testament? Old Testament and New Testament together?
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Following the commandments (10 commandments and things Jesus said) are important. But, the most important thing is to follow the greatest commandments - Love God and love others. On these hang the entire law and the prophets.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Actively Christian Versus the Inactive

Post #3

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Aetixintro]

Hello,

Christians are not under any of the Commandeménts in the "old testament" the 10 commandments have been replaced with Christian law and principle.

If we follow Christ we will not be judged as "evil".

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 3 by JehovahsWitness]

We should agree, though, that it's with a good heart that one follows the example of a God person of Jesus.

It must be true that any evil, lying person can claim to follow Jesus Christ and as we all know, still end up in Hell!

I think, there is no doubt that Jesus loved God of all his heart and when we "are in Jesus", we must do the same, much like the Bible says also.

Agree?
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #5

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Aetixintro wrote: [Replying to post 3 by JehovahsWitness]

We should agree, though, that it's with a good heart that one follows the example of a God person of Jesus.

It must be true that any evil, lying person can claim to follow Jesus Christ and as we all know, still end up in Hell!

I think, there is no doubt that Jesus loved God of all his heart and when we "are in Jesus", we must do the same, much like the Bible says also.

Agree?

Im one of JEHOVAHS WITNESS its a given I disagree with 90% of what most people say on the matter of Christianity. Still I can agree that the heart condition is what is essential.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8