Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

The Truth of Messiah?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

Here is an image painted by Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel, Saint Peters Basilica in Rome. I was talking about this image in another thread, about my ideas of the flood. This is called "The Last Judgment".

Isnt it true that the Jews expected Jesus to come and be some kind of ruler, to lead the people into some kind of victory over the oppressing authorities? I have been told that, but i never read that anywhere. People have just asserted it... Though i was looking at this picture today, and It seems like this picture says it best.

In the upper middle of the picture, is the portrait of Jesus by the image Michelangelo created. Perhaps a imagined Messiah, with a full body, and a ruling authority over the world. But then at the bottom of the page, the cross. This image is actually not painted in the picture. The cross on the bottom is actually a physical cross in the room in front of the picture...

Perhaps the realities of the Messiah. The truth is, is that Jesus the Messiah came and died on a cross... That is real... The image however, is almost like a fantasy of what people think of the Messiah.