Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

The plan, and design of God

Post #1

Post by Tart »

Can a man deviate from Gods plan? It has been on my mind... When i was first baptized i was told all my sins have been forgiven. Past, present, and future... Is that true?

Is my life planned out? Is there a destiny for me? Like Ephesians says "We are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good work, which God prepared in advance for us to do"

Though how can free will not be true? Surely it is true, isnt it? Scripture also says

"When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone"~James 1:13

I am also having a hard time understanding right from wrong. It seems like some things that are set as standards of right and wrong, seem bizarre.. Almost like a standard that is set put in place purely for me to fall to... Though is it? I hate it... Though it is not actual sin, but only through faithlessness. "not doing the good you should do".

"If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them."

But its not me, but voices i hear, setting these standards... I hate it.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by Tart »

Because im personally interested in ideas of right and wrong, sin and righteousness... And like, repentance and salvation.. Faith...

This "we didnt get married to God" is very abstract... Im not calling you wrong, im just trying to understand... It is like just a broad concept of saying, you sinned, rejecting God's "proposal", and dang... And you want to marry God... lol

Tart
Banned
Banned

Re: The plan, and design of God

Post #12

Post by Tart »

[Replying to post 9 by ttruscott]

Ok, well if you dont want to talk about faith.. and just prophecy about "not being married to God"....

This is faithlessness, and Paul said all the law is summed up in being faithful...