Does anyone else feel out numbered?

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Does anyone else feel out numbered?

Post #1

Post by achilles12604 »

Its funny. According to the stats, there are more christians on this site than atheists. But from the posting on the forums it sure doesn't feel that way. I feel out numbered. Anyone else feel this way? Why do you suppose there arn't more Christian apologists? Are they busy doing good deeds or do you think they simply stopped caring?
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

joer
Guru

Post #21

Post by joer »

Hi GaHillBilly! Please to meet you.
:D
You have an interesting post. The idea of this thread as I see it is being supportive of Christions regardless of their denomination. in apositive sence. Well the things you say about debate and differenences and the negative aspects that present themselves on this forum may be true, I'm not sure all these statements would be seen by others as being supportive. If you are preparing one for "the worst". Perhaps that can be sen as supportive.

If your just disagreeing with the idea od being supportive of each other you might be seen as being at odds with this thread.

I can't presume to "know your intent". But if you see "acknowledging the resurrection as real", and worthy of being" fought for" as "mere Christianity" instead of all their indefensible "denominational distinctives""

Perhaps you and other Christians here might consider casting a vote in favor of acknowledging "the Resurrection" of Christ. here:

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 4&start=80

Thanks GA and others for your support of "the resurrection."

God bless and be with you all.
:D

Mere_Christian
Banned
Banned

Post #22

Post by Mere_Christian »

joer wrote:PC1 fought a valiant battle against 3 or 4 other posters and not only came out on top in terms of the argument, he also lifted up the quality of the argument by his fine positive non-negative strong arguments.

If you feel like dropping him a pm or a few words of encouragement that may be another way we can back each other up.
Who's PC1?
Is scientific proof of God even possible?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 9&start=90
Math and science are friends of God. Logic and reason IS God.
God bless you all! God's strength and peace be with you. :D
I think it's all exciting.

joer
Guru

Post #23

Post by joer »

Hi Mere_Christian! Good to hear from you. Welcome my brother. PC1 was a poster who was here for a while. I believe a college student under 30 who was very impressive with his arguments indicating Science did not detract from God. On another Personal prayer thread In the Holy Huddle room you wrote:
Mere_Christian wrote:Joer,

How many Christians are actually here at DC&R?

I just arrived a few days ago and see mainly the usual common skeptic stuff.

What gives?
If you click on "Statistics" on the Top of any page to the right in the Available Options, you see a screen with two columns of options. Click on "User Groups" in the Left column and you'll see that the Christian group at 270 members is the most populous group here. While the Atheists group which is the second most populous group is at 208 members. But notice also that there are many many other groups representing a variety of beliefs.

Now if you go back to the main statistics screen just under "User Groups" is "Posts By User Groups" You'll that the Christian's group is sixth in posting, with five groups in front of them with more prolific posters with the Atheists group on Top. And if you look at the number of Posts of JUST THE GROUPS above Christian posts, you'll see Christian Posts are out numbered about 6 or 7 to One. So that's why you see what you see. :D

Anyway brother I hope you stay and post. I have found support from other Christians and/or non-believers via PM and open forum posts. And there are spots in the Holy Huddle Room like this one where we can offer each other support.

I've been here about three years and have gone through changes. And the changes haven't been weakening of my faith but rather having it become stronger by experiencing Jesus command for us to LOVE ALL our brothers and sisters of which non-believers should probably be most deserving of our Love because of the lessons Jesus has given us. I learned it's not about changing them with my belief in and sharing of the Truth as I know it. But it's about Living that Truth and Loving them as my Master and Father Love them.

Nice meeting you brother! God's Blessings to you and all the Love you share! :-)

Mere_Christian
Banned
Banned

Post #24

Post by Mere_Christian »

joer wrote:Hi Mere_Christian! Good to hear from you. Welcome my brother. PC1 was a poster who was here for a while. I believe a college student under 30 who was very impressive with his arguments indicating Science did not detract from God. On another Personal prayer thread In the Holy Huddle room you wrote:
Mere_Christian wrote:Joer,

How many Christians are actually here at DC&R?

I just arrived a few days ago and see mainly the usual common skeptic stuff.

What gives?
If you click on "Statistics" on the Top of any page to the right in the Available Options, you see a screen with two columns of options. Click on "User Groups" in the Left column and you'll see that the Christian group at 270 members is the most populous group here. While the Atheists group which is the second most populous group is at 208 members. But notice also that there are many many other groups representing a variety of beliefs.

Now if you go back to the main statistics screen just under "User Groups" is "Posts By User Groups" You'll that the Christian's group is sixth in posting, with five groups in front of them with more prolific posters with the Atheists group on Top. And if you look at the number of Posts of JUST THE GROUPS above Christian posts, you'll see Christian Posts are out numbered about 6 or 7 to One. So that's why you see what you see. :D

Anyway brother I hope you stay and post. I have found support from other Christians and/or non-believers via PM and open forum posts. And there are spots in the Holy Huddle Room like this one where we can offer each other support.

I've been here about three years and have gone through changes. And the changes haven't been weakening of my faith but rather having it become stronger by experiencing Jesus command for us to LOVE ALL our brothers and sisters of which non-believers should probably be most deserving of our Love because of the lessons Jesus has given us. I learned it's not about changing them with my belief in and sharing of the Truth as I know it. But it's about Living that Truth and Loving them as my Master and Father Love them.

Nice meeting you brother! God's Blessings to you and all the Love you share! :-)
Thanks for the warm greetings. I'm no where near being influenced by atheists and their voluminous numbers, as that seems to be the case in Christian forums. At least this one is called Debating Christianity & Religion. I've toured others and they seem to be either atheist rant-fests or gay activism propaganda rooms. But it would be fascinating to see the atheists rant on and on against Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists.

But oh-well.

I don't know if I'm sticking around, as this place looks like Christian Forums with all of the usual atheists waiting around to pounce and bash away ad infinitum.

I'm thinking of just interacting exclusively with Christians on the net. The whole skeptic thing is really quite boring. And the progressive ideologues aren't much more in the uniqueness department either.

I wish you well.

IHS

Mere_Christian

joer
Guru

Post #25

Post by joer »

Thanks for the warm greetings. I'm no where near being influenced by atheists and their voluminous numbers, as that seems to be the case in Christian forums. At least this one is called Debating Christianity & Religion. I've toured others and they seem to be either atheist rant-fests or gay activism propaganda rooms. But it would be fascinating to see the atheists rant on and on against Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists.

But oh-well.

I don't know if I'm sticking around, as this place looks like Christian Forums with all of the usual atheists waiting around to pounce and bash away ad infinitum.

I'm thinking of just interacting exclusively with Christians on the net. The whole skeptic thing is really quite boring. And the progressive ideologues aren't much more in the uniqueness department either.

I wish you well.

IHS

Mere_Christian
Hi Christian. Where ever your are at I wish you well my brother. One of Christ's lessons that has served me well here. Is Love them ALL. He came for ALL. When I started loving my atheist brothers and sisters there attitude towards me seemed to change. We still had different views on life and God BUT there seemed to be more mutual respect. I imagine where ever you go Loving those there will serve you well. On the single denomination sites the conflicts are between conservative and tradition views vs. the liberal and progressive views. What you hold in common though is a belief in God. So i wish you well at all the sites my Mere_Christian friend. and brother or sister in God. God Bless my brother/sister. :-) Spread God's Love where ever you go. You can't go wrong doing that. IMHO. :D

Intrepidman
Scholar

Post #26

Post by Intrepidman »

I am really new here, and very new to debate. I tried participating in the general forums, and I got gang-raped. I don't think I lost, but I felt pretty lonely out there. There were some other Christians there, but still.

I feel like abandoning the GP forums and just sticking around here. Is it any wonder people don't talk about God in public any more? The hell-bound, with their holy science scriptures, written by their white lab-robed prophets, have taken over.

But that's OK. I think that the hell-bound WANT to be in hell. They hate the touch of God in their lives.

joer
Guru

Post #27

Post by joer »

Intrepidman wrote:I am really new here, and very new to debate. I tried participating in the general forums, and I got gang-raped. I don't think I lost, but I felt pretty lonely out there. There were some other Christians there, but still.

I feel like abandoning the GP forums and just sticking around here. Is it any wonder people don't talk about God in public any more? The hell-bound, with their holy science scriptures, written by their white lab-robed prophets, have taken over.

But that's OK. I think that the hell-bound WANT to be in hell. They hate the touch of God in their lives.
Hey Intrepidman, I empathize with you. Mere Christian had a similar experience and expressed a preference for a Christian only forum. I'm pretty sure were ever there is a public forum, be it religious or secular you'll find diversity of ideas concepts and precepts. Some may be focused on the loving aspects of religion of law others on the "RULES" or "What it should be" or "defining" aspects of the subjects of discussion. But what I believe is important Intrepidman is what is in your hearts. I think if you visit the chat or discussion areas as well as here of this forum you may find a less competitive atmosphere.

If you venture into the debate forums you should expect more challenging communications. Others I know observe more than anything because they enjoy the expression of the sides and they can appreciate a good argument that stands up to what might be observed as harassing behavior. I've been here on and off for about three years. You sink your teeth into something and then it seems to fade off into a direction that seems further away from the issue you wanted to discuss or review the arguments of. So you slip away and then reenter again at a later date on a new issue that is atop your interest list at that time.

I'm curious Intrepidman, what's the most important question you have in Life right now. Either Spiritual or Secular?

God's Blessings be with you my brother. May God's Love be your strenght. And may your Faith be your shield. :D

And remember our Master taught us to LOVE ALL our brothers and sisters even those who would attack us.
Neither Satan nor Caligastia could ever touch or approach the faith sons of God; faith is an effective armor against sin and iniquity. It is true: "He who is born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one touches him not."

Jesus taught them to preach the forgiveness of sin through faith in God without penance or sacrifice, and that the Father in heaven loves all his children with the same eternal love.

Intrepidman
Scholar

Post #28

Post by Intrepidman »

joer wrote:
Intrepidman wrote:I am really new here, and very new to debate. I tried participating in the general forums, and I got gang-raped. I don't think I lost, but I felt pretty lonely out there. There were some other Christians there, but still.

Hey Intrepidman, I empathize with you. Mere Christian had a similar experience and expressed a preference for a Christian only forum. I'm pretty sure were ever there is a public forum, be it religious or secular you'll find diversity of ideas concepts and precepts. Some may be focused on the loving aspects of religion of law others on the "RULES" or "What it should be" or "defining" aspects of the subjects of discussion. But what I believe is important Intrepidman is what is in your hearts. I think if you visit the chat or discussion areas as well as here of this forum you may find a less competitive atmosphere.

If you venture into the debate forums you should expect more challenging communications. Others I know observe more than anything because they enjoy the expression of the sides and they can appreciate a good argument that stands up to what might be observed as harassing behavior. I've been here on and off for about three years. You sink your teeth into something and then it seems to fade off into a direction that seems further away from the issue you wanted to discuss or review the arguments of. So you slip away and then reenter again at a later date on a new issue that is atop your interest list at that time.

I'm curious Intrepidman, what's the most important question you have in Life right now. Either Spiritual or Secular?
Seriously? Why bother to even share my faith. No one want to hear, and all it does is make me the subject of ridicule. I'm not God, I'm not invulnerable to their attacks.
joer wrote: God's Blessings be with you my brother. May God's Love be your strenght. And may your Faith be your shield. :D

And remember our Master taught us to LOVE ALL our brothers and sisters even those who would attack us.
Neither Satan nor Caligastia could ever touch or approach the faith sons of God; faith is an effective armor against sin and iniquity. It is true: "He who is born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one touches him not."

Jesus taught them to preach the forgiveness of sin through faith in God without penance or sacrifice, and that the Father in heaven loves all his children with the same eternal love.

joer
Guru

Post #29

Post by joer »

Intrepidman wrote:
Seriously? Why bother to even share my faith. No one want to hear, and all it does is make me the subject of ridicule. I'm not God, I'm not invulnerable to their attacks.
It's OK my friend. Fear Not. I was interested but not to the point of making you feel uncomfortable. This is only believers here. Sure you can be attacked maybe by those of others faiths or positions in the same faith. But it's my belief that God LOVES you Intrepidman regardless of your faith AND that he would want me to love you too. I was only asking to see if I could guide you somewhere where you spiritual needs are met and your spiritual questions are answer. That's all my friend.

I seriously don't want you to suffer any trauma because of your faith or any other reason.

In God's peace I greet you and in God's Peace I leave you. God's Blessings be with you, wherever you are. Amen. :D
The more you discover you are Loved By God. The more you want to do God''s Will

otseng
Savant

Post #30

Post by otseng »

Intrepidman wrote:Seriously? Why bother to even share my faith. No one want to hear, and all it does is make me the subject of ridicule. I'm not God, I'm not invulnerable to their attacks.
Simply "sharing your faith" won't cut it out in the open forum. The level of debate here is higher than the average on the internet and one needs to be prepared to give a pretty convincing argument with good logic and solid evidence. If that is done, it doesn't matter how many opponents there are.