Prayer Request

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Piper Plexed
Site Supporter

Prayer Request

Post #1

Post by Piper Plexed »

A few days before my son's 4th birthday he was seriously injured by an overweight truck hauling 2x it's legal weight capacity, the driver couldn't stop, there were no skid marks on the road. The only visible injury was his temple where he impacted the road about 8 feet from where the vehicle finally rested. Well to make a long story short we are blessed and he survived, thank God. As per his Neuro Surgeon the most likely lasting effect of such an injury is ADHD. Months following the injury were very trying and he was quite out of control. Since then there has been very notable and steady improvement. I was at the point where I felt his behavior could be attributed to Boys will be Boys and I prayed. Well yesterday 2.5 weeks into Kindergarten I received the phone call that I have dreaded, the teacher is concerned. I explained to her his previous injury as well as the wonderful progress he has made over the past year and a half and happily we are on the same page with a treatment plan and we will together address his difficulties with behavior modification techniques.

My prayer is....
Thank You Lord for all my blessings... my family and my son that I came so close to loosing. Please Please help me to be patient and mindful of his needs, thy will be done.

My Joy.......
Last edited by Piper Plexed on Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
*"I think, therefore I am" (Cogito, ergo sum)-Descartes
** I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ...

TQWcS
Scholar

Post #11

Post by TQWcS »

Ooops... I forgot. No, I was never in a specialized ed. class. They suggested it but I convinced my mom that I could perform fine without it. It may have helped but I did fine without it. Just experiment and see what works best, every case is different.

Piper Plexed
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Piper Plexed »

Well you have certainly supplied a great deal of food for thought. One thing I find notable is that when you took yourself off the meds you concluded that you should return to them. Well thank you so much for your time and interest. It is really comforting to hear from someone that has "been there and done that" Sincerely, Piper :)
*"I think, therefore I am" (Cogito, ergo sum)-Descartes
** I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ...

kimberly5699
Student

Re: Prayer Request

Post #13

Post by kimberly5699 »

Piper Plexed wrote:A few days before my son's 4th birthday he was seriously injured by an overweight truck hauling 2x it's legal weight capacity, the driver couldn't stop, there were no skid marks on the road. The only visible injury was his temple where he impacted the road about 8 feet from where the vehicle finally rested. Well to make a long story short we are blessed and he survived, thank God. As per his Neuro Surgeon the most likely lasting effect of such an injury is ADHD. Months following the injury were very trying and he was quite out of control. Since then there has been very notable and steady improvement. I was at the point where I felt his behavior could be attributed to Boys will be Boys and I prayed. Well yesterday 2.5 weeks into Kindergarten I received the phone call that I have dreaded, the teacher is concerned. I explained to her his previous injury as well as the wonderful progress he has made over the past year and a half and happily we are on the same page with a treatment plan and we will together address his difficulties with behavior modification techniques.

My prayer is....
Thank You Lord for all my blessings... my family and my son that I came so close to loosing. Please Please help me to be patient and mindful of his needs, thy will be done.

My Joy.......
Praise the Lord that your son is still alive, I pray that your son have a sound mind and for strength and patience for your family. That all the glory go to the Lord, now it's time to thank him and praise him. The Lord uses everything to bring glory to his name.