perception of christians

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

TQWcS
Scholar

perception of christians

Post #1

Post by TQWcS »

You see it all the time in the movies and TV, people are always bashing or making us look bad. Just the other day this girl was in my dorm room and said she hated her roommate because, "she is too churchy." Why do you think people have this view of us? Will we ever be able to change it? If so how?

scottlittlefield17
Site Supporter

Post #11

Post by scottlittlefield17 »

Exactly, well said. Boy, great minds think alike don't they :lol:
“Life is really simple as far as I’m concerned. There is no luck, you work hard and study things intently. If you do that for long and hard enough you’re successful.�
"The more well versed in a skill that someone is the luckier they seem to be."

a_Pirates_pride2000
Student

Post #12

Post by a_Pirates_pride2000 »

Oh my goodness, I'm sooo happy I've found some other Christians on this site! I was recently engaged in a debate with atheist/evolutionists, and I heard more insults than I've ever heard before. Examples: "Christians are liars." "Christians are stupid idiots who know nothing whatsoever about science." "Christians are delusional." Plus one that I won't write because of a very innapropriate word.

Hey, I thought this was civil, respectful debate!

This is the way I see things: If people were to apply any of the above statements to another group, it would be totally unacceptable. If someone were to say, "Liberals are idiots" or "Evolutionists are idiots" people would gasp and say "How intolerant!" Yet it is perfectly okay to apply these statements to Christians?

People stop debating and stoop to name-calling when they feel threatened or can't answer a question, and I try to keep this in mind. However, we're not totally innoccent. I have seen Christians using name-calling and sarcasm in debate. Remember the verse in James: "If a man says he is religious but cannot hold his tongue, his religion is worthless." Also, we are God's representatives on earth, and if we are bashing others and being nasty, that doesn't speak well for God or other Christians.

~Mix

otseng
Savant

Post #13

Post by otseng »

a_Pirates_pride2000 wrote:Examples: "Christians are liars." "Christians are stupid idiots who know nothing whatsoever about science." "Christians are delusional." Plus one that I won't write because of a very innapropriate word.
Next time, please report the post. Just click on the "!" button at the top right of the post to report it. A moderator will then review the post for any rule violations.