Odd prayer request

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

alexiarose
Site Supporter

Odd prayer request

Post #1

Post by alexiarose »

I know this may sound odd, but mom has been through just about everything a person could probably go through. I know she is tired. But I don't want her to be alone anymore. My prayer is that mom will find someone who will change her beliefs about love and will actually show her love is work, but not always pain. Someone to hold her when she hurts. Calm her after a nightmare. Someone who wants her for her, not her body. But for all of her.

So I am asking for us to keep her in our prayers and while it may be odd that I am not asking for her to find God, I think that if she could find love, God would follow.

I pray mom finds love, comfort, and peace. Would anyone care to add?
Its all just one big puzzle.
Find out where you fit in.

joer
Guru

Post #21

Post by joer »

Lord be with my friend Confused.

I don't know what happening with her, right now But I know she is worthy of All Your Love. I know you Love her and I ask that give her strength and healing in her time of need. Give her family strength and help them to be the Love she needs.

Take this prayer from my heart and let her know she is loved by others who desire and sincerely pray or her healing. Cure her Lord. Be her healing. Help her to open her heart to you. Heal her from all the things that have caused her harm in her life.

Give her Love Lord. Give her love.

Thank You Lord. I know you do all the I ask inline with our Father's Will. Help her to choose to receive all the Love she can. Increase her capacity to receive Love from others.

Give her the gift of healing Lord. Let her KNOW your Love for her. Let her know The love others have for her. Let her heart be touched and healed by the Love of her family and friends.

Thank You Lord. Amen/ Awomen.

joer
Guru

Post #22

Post by joer »

Barbara, Please tell your mom we are praying for her. Ask her to try to open herself up to receive any healing those prayers might bring her. After my prayer yesterday I was reminded of the necessity of the person being prayed for to be open to healing resulting from those prayers.

I used to pray a lot for others. But never for myself. I felt I deserved to suffer because of all the wrong I did. One night while in terrible pain (a kidney stone passing) I prayed for my own relief for the first time in my life. I didn't feel like I deserved it but ask God (Jesus) to help me anyway. After days of not being able to find any position in which I could find relief from the pain, 20 minutes after I prayed I was pain free and I didn't move and went into a restful sleep. Since then it's been 5 or 6 years now, I've sensed I've been opened to being healed and have had healing in many ways.

I know your moms condition is much more serious than anything I've ever faced. But I've been getting a lot of reminders in the last 24 hours about "being open to healing." After talking to my care giver this morning and going shopping with her. I also received this email from my sister. I'll put a few excerpts of it here.

God Bless You and your mom Barbara. May you be opened up to received the maximum healing possible. Bless you both and your family very much.

: The Man Born Blind

Last year I vowed never to speak my reflections again. But this time I cannot point to Fr. Seamus coercing me – I actually felt drawn here because I love this story of the man born blind. I love this story like a small child settling back and asking, “Tell me about me.”
What does it take for us to believe in the miraculous? If Jesus came bursting in with a blaze of light and glory would we assume the electrical system was out? If we saw the lame walk or the deaf hear would we dismiss them as recovered hysterics? What does it take for us to believe in the miraculous?
The man whose eyes were opened had some neighbors who believed his cure. But many others refused to accept this miracle; they were more willing to believe that someone sighted who looked and sounded identical to this beggar showed up at the same time the original man disappeared, and that this rogue beggar knew his way around town and, for some reason, claimed to be the one who was cured. What kind of mental gymnastics do we perform to avoid accepting a miracle?
These neighbors ask the man how his eyes came to be opened and he describes Jesus kneading mud with His saliva and then directing him to wash. We know from other healing stories that Jesus did not even have to be there in order to heal. So why did Jesus use the mud? When I asked Fr. Joe Wagner that question, he responded that kneading the mud was necessary because it was clearly work and therefore highlighted the dilemma of whether Jesus was a sinner since He “worked” on the Sabbath. Jesus seems to be consistently waiting for the Sabbath to heal so as to drive the Pharisees crazy. And the Pharisees seem constantly pulled between “It is a sin to work on the Sabbath therefore He must be a sinner” and “How could a sinner produce such wonderful results?”

I had the idea that perhaps Jesus used the mud to indicate that we need to participate in our own healing. Edith Stein, a Jewish Carmelite nun who was killed in the Nazi concentration camps, said, “Therefore I have the power to cooperate in the formation of my soul.” I am reminded of the story of Naaman who wanted to be cured of his leprosy and the prophet Elisha told him to wash seven times in the Jordan; Naaman almost did not do it because the task did not fit his vision of how a miraculous cure should take place, it was too simple. Ms. Stein continues, “…grace cannot accomplish its work in souls unless they freely open themselves to its influence.” How often have we closed ourselves from our Lord’s grace because it did not fit our vision of what should happen, because we did not feel we deserve it, because it was too simple, because we were convinced the washing would not work anyways.

It is also significant that the man born blind was sent to wash in the pool called Sent. He was sent, Jesus was sent, we are also sent. Washing the mud from our eyes signifies the need to shift our focus from the mundane, the worries and hassles of everyday, to the beauty of what God has in mind for us. We need to wash the mud from our lives to make room for His light.

And it is this mud that binds the Pharisees. Who is He? Where is He from? How did He do it? How do you explain it? On and on they spin their wheels in the rut, mud flying everywhere. They refuse to just stop and look, to recognize the beauty of a miracle before their very eyes, to bask in the mercy and power of our living God. But how often do we spin mud from our wheels, refusing to see the miraculous beauty in front of us?

The Pharisees made a choice not to see the miracle before them because it was too threatening to their established way of life. In a miniscule foreshadowing of the crucifixion, the newly sighted man had to be eliminated because he would have been a constant reminder that the established rules and procedures do not encompass the fullness of God. I love the part of the story that tells of Jesus seeking the man out after he was banned from the synagogue; Jesus knows that the man’s world has been turned upside down and offers him a new path, a belief in the living God.

I am a Jew, coming from a long, unbroken line of Jews. Even though Judaism is the root of our Catholic faith, 4000 years of persecution, much of it in the name of Christ, have created a schism between Judaism and Christianity and a distrust, if not abhorrence, of Jesus. How did it happen then that I was given a daily devotional Bible of the New and Old Testaments and that I chose to read it? How did it happen that I continued reading the Scriptures for ten years, struggling with the mud in my eyes? “I am a Jew. I cannot accept Jesus as the Messiah.” Gently, ever so gently, Jesus opened my eyes to the myriad prophecies fulfilled, to the saving grace professed in the Gospels, to His living Presence. There came a moment when I either had to accept the truth of Jesus or replace the mud on my eyes.

Like the newly sighted man, I was thrown out of the synagogue as my mother, sister and brother, disowned me and refused to have any contact with me. Like the man, Jesus sought me out: He brought me into this amazing ministry of dance, brought me to Medjugore and introduced me to His Mother, and brought me the unwavering joy I have found in the Church. Fr. Joe mentioned that the essence of this Gospel story is that the man was given the sight to see Jesus and believe in Him; I feel I was graced with the same miracle. So I can say in heartfelt song, “I once was blind but now I see.” Yet, to be honest, I need to add, “I can see some, Lord; please help me to see more of You.”

If you can ask your mom something for me Barbara, Ask her to say if this fits her, 'Lord I don't believe in you but my friends earnestly do. If my doubt in any way blocks any healing their prayers might invoke in me, Lord over come my doubt and allow any healing their prayers might engender to place.'

Tell Confused I don't know anyone more worthy of healing than her. She deserves it. Her hardships have been great. Her healing can be great also. Tell her, Joe says to please be open to healing from any source in her hour of need. Amen./Awomen.

alexiarose
Site Supporter

Post #23

Post by alexiarose »

joer wrote:Barbara, Please tell your mom we are praying for her. Ask her to try to open herself up to receive any healing those prayers might bring her. After my prayer yesterday I was reminded of the necessity of the person being prayed for to be open to healing resulting from those prayers.

I used to pray a lot for others. But never for myself. I felt I deserved to suffer because of all the wrong I did. One night while in terrible pain (a kidney stone passing) I prayed for my own relief for the first time in my life. I didn't feel like I deserved it but ask God (Jesus) to help me anyway. After days of not being able to find any position in which I could find relief from the pain, 20 minutes after I prayed I was pain free and I didn't move and went into a restful sleep. Since then it's been 5 or 6 years now, I've sensed I've been opened to being healed and have had healing in many ways.

I know your moms condition is much more serious than anything I've ever faced. But I've been getting a lot of reminders in the last 24 hours about "being open to healing." After talking to my care giver this morning and going shopping with her. I also received this email from my sister. I'll put a few excerpts of it here.

God Bless You and your mom Barbara. May you be opened up to received the maximum healing possible. Bless you both and your family very much.

Last year I vowed never to speak my reflections again. But this time I cannot point to Fr. Seamus coercing me – I actually felt drawn here because I love this story of the man born blind. I love this story like a small child settling back and asking, “Tell me about me.”
What does it take for us to believe in the miraculous? If Jesus came bursting in with a blaze of light and glory would we assume the electrical system was out? If we saw the lame walk or the deaf hear would we dismiss them as recovered hysterics? What does it take for us to believe in the miraculous?
The man whose eyes were opened had some neighbors who believed his cure. But many others refused to accept this miracle; they were more willing to believe that someone sighted who looked and sounded identical to this beggar showed up at the same time the original man disappeared, and that this rogue beggar knew his way around town and, for some reason, claimed to be the one who was cured. What kind of mental gymnastics do we perform to avoid accepting a miracle?
These neighbors ask the man how his eyes came to be opened and he describes Jesus kneading mud with His saliva and then directing him to wash. We know from other healing stories that Jesus did not even have to be there in order to heal. So why did Jesus use the mud? When I asked Fr. Joe Wagner that question, he responded that kneading the mud was necessary because it was clearly work and therefore highlighted the dilemma of whether Jesus was a sinner since He “worked” on the Sabbath. Jesus seems to be consistently waiting for the Sabbath to heal so as to drive the Pharisees crazy. And the Pharisees seem constantly pulled between “It is a sin to work on the Sabbath therefore He must be a sinner” and “How could a sinner produce such wonderful results?”

I had the idea that perhaps Jesus used the mud to indicate that we need to participate in our own healing. Edith Stein, a Jewish Carmelite nun who was killed in the Nazi concentration camps, said, “Therefore I have the power to cooperate in the formation of my soul.” I am reminded of the story of Naaman who wanted to be cured of his leprosy and the prophet Elisha told him to wash seven times in the Jordan; Naaman almost did not do it because the task did not fit his vision of how a miraculous cure should take place, it was too simple. Ms. Stein continues, “…grace cannot accomplish its work in souls unless they freely open themselves to its influence.” How often have we closed ourselves from our Lord’s grace because it did not fit our vision of what should happen, because we did not feel we deserve it, because it was too simple, because we were convinced the washing would not work anyways.

It is also significant that the man born blind was sent to wash in the pool called Sent. He was sent, Jesus was sent, we are also sent. Washing the mud from our eyes signifies the need to shift our focus from the mundane, the worries and hassles of everyday, to the beauty of what God has in mind for us. We need to wash the mud from our lives to make room for His light.

And it is this mud that binds the Pharisees. Who is He? Where is He from? How did He do it? How do you explain it? On and on they spin their wheels in the rut, mud flying everywhere. They refuse to just stop and look, to recognize the beauty of a miracle before their very eyes, to bask in the mercy and power of our living God. But how often do we spin mud from our wheels, refusing to see the miraculous beauty in front of us?

The Pharisees made a choice not to see the miracle before them because it was too threatening to their established way of life. In a miniscule foreshadowing of the crucifixion, the newly sighted man had to be eliminated because he would have been a constant reminder that the established rules and procedures do not encompass the fullness of God. I love the part of the story that tells of Jesus seeking the man out after he was banned from the synagogue; Jesus knows that the man’s world has been turned upside down and offers him a new path, a belief in the living God.

I am a Jew, coming from a long, unbroken line of Jews. Even though Judaism is the root of our Catholic faith, 4000 years of persecution, much of it in the name of Christ, have created a schism between Judaism and Christianity and a distrust, if not abhorrence, of Jesus. How did it happen then that I was given a daily devotional Bible of the New and Old Testaments and that I chose to read it? How did it happen that I continued reading the Scriptures for ten years, struggling with the mud in my eyes? “I am a Jew. I cannot accept Jesus as the Messiah.” Gently, ever so gently, Jesus opened my eyes to the myriad prophecies fulfilled, to the saving grace professed in the Gospels, to His living Presence. There came a moment when I either had to accept the truth of Jesus or replace the mud on my eyes.

Like the newly sighted man, I was thrown out of the synagogue as my mother, sister and brother, disowned me and refused to have any contact with me. Like the man, Jesus sought me out: He brought me into this amazing ministry of dance, brought me to Medjugore and introduced me to His Mother, and brought me the unwavering joy I have found in the Church. Fr. Joe mentioned that the essence of this Gospel story is that the man was given the sight to see Jesus and believe in Him; I feel I was graced with the same miracle. So I can say in heartfelt song, “I once was blind but now I see.” Yet, to be honest, I need to add, “I can see some, Lord; please help me to see more of You.”

If you can ask your mom something for me Barbara, Ask her to say if this fits her, 'Lord I don't believe in you but my friends earnestly do. If my doubt in any way blocks any healing their prayers might invoke in me, Lord over come my doubt and allow any healing their prayers might engender to place.'

Tell Confused I don't know anyone more worthy of healing than her. She deserves it. Her hardships have been great. Her healing can be great also. Tell her, Joe says to please be open to healing from any source in her hour of need. Amen./Awomen.
Since mom is back on the machine, I dont think there is anything I have to say to God or about God anymore. He has dropped the ball one too many times and if He sees fit to drop it the final time, then He can bite my big toe. Seems to me He missed her hour of need by several decades and I cant think of a single reason to praise someone who can stop suffering but chooses His own pride instead. If He wants praise, then perhaps He should do something to deserve it rather than sitting on His rear end and blaming us for His screw ups.

alexiarose
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by alexiarose »

joer wrote:Barbara, Please tell your mom we are praying for her. Ask her to try to open herself up to receive any healing those prayers might bring her. After my prayer yesterday I was reminded of the necessity of the person being prayed for to be open to healing resulting from those prayers.

Ok, so as is becoming my tradition here, I now get to say what an idiot I am and tell you I will pass your message along to mom. I hear my bark is worse than my bite, but I am not so sure I really understand that so instead I will just tell you I am sorry for saying something mean when I didnt really mean it to be mean. Can I blame like teenage hormones or something?

joer
Guru

Post #25

Post by joer »

Thank You Alexia! I so want your mom to feel better. I know so many traumatic negative things have happened to her through no fault of her own. The more I hear of her suffering, the more I want her to get better.

I don't blame for your anger and blame towards God. It reminded me of your mom. I was sad. Because I feel some of your hurt. I'm reminded of when my brother was battling cancer in 1995 at 37 years old.

There's no rhyme or reason to the suffering. It just happens. But it's so hard watching some one you love be in pain.

God Bless You and be with you Alexia. I found this writing going through my brother's memory folder.
To Let Go

To let Go is not to stop caring. It’s recognizing I can’t do it for someone else. To Let Go is not to cut myself off. It’s realizing I can’t control another.

To Let Go is not to enable. But to allow learning from natural consequences. To Let Go is not to fight powerlessness. But to accept that the outcome is not in my hands.

To Let Go is not to try to change or blame others. It’s to make the most of myself. To Let Go is not to care for, it is to care about. To Let Go is not to fix, it’s to be supportive.

To Let Go is not to judge. It’s to allow another to be a human being. To Let Go is not to try t arrange outcomes. But to allow others to affect their own destinies.

To Let Go is not to be protective. It’s to permit another to face their own reality. To Let Go is not to regulate anyone. But to strive to become what I dream I can be. To Let Go is not to fear less, It’s to love more.
Virginia Satir

alexiarose
Site Supporter

Post #26

Post by alexiarose »

joer wrote:Thank You Alexia! I so want your mom to feel better. I know so many traumatic negative things have happened to her through no fault of her own. The more I hear of her suffering, the more I want her to get better.

I don't blame for your anger and blame towards God. It reminded me of your mom. I was sad. Because I feel some of your hurt. I'm reminded of when my brother was battling cancer in 1995 at 37 years old.

There's no rhyme or reason to the suffering. It just happens. But it's so hard watching some one you love be in pain.

God Bless You and be with you Alexia. I found this writing going through my brother's memory folder.
To Let Go

To let Go is not to stop caring. It’s recognizing I can’t do it for someone else. To Let Go is not to cut myself off. It’s realizing I can’t control another.

To Let Go is not to enable. But to allow learning from natural consequences. To Let Go is not to fight powerlessness. But to accept that the outcome is not in my hands.

To Let Go is not to try to change or blame others. It’s to make the most of myself. To Let Go is not to care for, it is to care about. To Let Go is not to fix, it’s to be supportive.

To Let Go is not to judge. It’s to allow another to be a human being. To Let Go is not to try t arrange outcomes. But to allow others to affect their own destinies.

To Let Go is not to be protective. It’s to permit another to face their own reality. To Let Go is not to regulate anyone. But to strive to become what I dream I can be. To Let Go is not to fear less, It’s to love more.
Virginia Satir
Honestly, I dont really have to give it to mom cause someone keeps forwarding my posts to her email anyways so in reality, all I have to do is respond to it and I know I will either here nothing about it or get a lecture about it, LOL. Arent parents grand? And we are suppose to honor them? Pickles!!!! I wonder, say mom finally gets her head out of the clouds (yup, gonna hear about this comment) and declares atheism. Do I still have to honor her? That may be something I need to ask in another thread, huh?

joer
Guru

Post #27

Post by joer »

Alexia, I know you'll always honor you mom. Because I believe you'll always love her. Weather you agree with her or disagree, be mad at her or happy with her, get frustrated with her or feel content that she's doing the best she can, I think you'll always Love her.

My mom was an atheist from the time I was 4 years old until she died. And I have no doubt I will see her and your mom when I move on.

I think many Christians forget how much God loves us, and that God loves the atheist as much as the non-atheist.

Did you hear the one about the atheist that went to heaven? Old St. Peter is showing the atheist around, the atheist says wow it sure is beautiful here and St. Peter says, “I think you’ll really enjoy the structure and organization God has on this level.” As they walked past a beautifully decorated 40 ft. high wall, the atheist could hear a multitude people on the other side laughing and singing in joyful bliss, and the atheist asked St. Peter who was on the other side of that wall. St. Peter said "That's all the Christians, they think they're the only ones here." :D

Peace Alexia.

P.S. It you get a chance to see the video, “The Ultimate Gift”, with James Garner, I think you’ll like. :D I think you’ll enjoy the name of one of the main women characters. If you think it would be O.K.for your mom to see it maybe you could watch it with her.

May God bless you and your mom and you’re WHOLE family! Amen/ Awomen. O:)

joer
Guru

Post #28

Post by joer »

Lord I just saw my friend Confused again posting on the boards. :D I was excited and happy to see her post Lord. Thank you for bringing me this wonderful joy today.

Thank You Lord. Please continue to help Confused in any way you can to have a healthy and fulfilled Life. Grant Alexiarose her wish to see her mom know and share love.

Lord in you I have faith and in knowing Alexiarose and Confused that faith is rewarded. Thank You Lord. Thank You. I pray for you Lord and I pray for God the Father that you both along with the Holy Spirit, enjoy the Love and Respect from the creatures of your creation capable of Loving you and each other.

As we share the Love you created in us with each other so too let us LOVE YOU. I LOVE You God my Father and Mother and Brother and sister. I thank you for loving me and creating me with the capability to LOVE others. God Bless Alexiarose, Confused and all their family and friends. Amen. :D

joer
Guru

Post #29

Post by joer »

Lord it's me again. Hope your are well and buoyed by the increasing Love of your creations toward God and one another.

I want to thank you Lord for all the Love and support that Confused and her family has received from this site and others believers and non-believers both acting in the natural goodness of their hearts.

Thank You for making us with an inclination toward what is right and good. Please continue all healing you can toward Confused and her family and ALL at this site. believers and non-believers both.

Thank You Lord. Amen/Awomen.

alexiarose
Site Supporter

Post #30

Post by alexiarose »

I dont know if God helped this or not cause I sure didn't, but I think mom has finally figured it out. Thank everyone for helping her even when I was hurting her. Love can fix everything.