Should Roe v. Wade be overturned?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

historia
Prodigy

Should Roe v. Wade be overturned?

Post #1

Post by historia »

More precisely: Should the current Supreme Court precedent on abortion -- first established by Roe v. Wade, but later modified by Planned Parenthood v. Casey -- be overturned?

My question here is not so much whether abortion should be legal or not, since overturning Roe would not, in itself, make abortion illegal, with several states having laws that explicitly allow for abortions.

Tcg
Savant

Re: Should Roe v. Wade be overturned?

Post #51

Post by Tcg »

Grunt0311 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 pm You do understand the children spoken of in the scripture you quoted were already born right?
What could the following mean if not performing forced abortions?
"their pregnant women ripped open.”
Additionally, are you suggesting killing babies is a-okay but abortions are bad?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned

Post #52

Post by Grunt0311 »

I am suggesting that based on scripture they were all polluted with evil. Do you have any clue what was meant when scripture said Noah was found righteous in all his generations ? The answer is no demonic intermingling was mixed with Noah’s bloodline. Genesis 6:2 Says the sons of God cohabitated with the daughters of men.Genesis 6;4 says there were giants in the land in those days. You only know about scripture what was told to you by unbelieving men who themselves were lost. You might want to seek God while you still have the opportunity.

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #53

Post by benchwarmer »

Grunt0311 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 pm If you actually studied scripture without your biases you would understand why God condemned them all. You do understand the children spoken of in the scripture you quoted were already born right?
How ironic. Do you know what pregnant means? Where I'm from, that means a woman is carrying an unborn child:

How do you get "already born" from "their pregnant women ripped open.”

I guess they will be born after the women are ripped open.... It always amuses me when a Christian accuses others of not studying the Bible and then they conveniently gloss over, don't know about, or otherwise twist what's actually written.

Tcg
Savant

Post #54

Post by Tcg »

Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:13 am I am suggesting that based on scripture they were all polluted with evil. Do you have any clue what was meant when scripture said Noah was found righteous in all his generations ? The answer is no demonic intermingling was mixed with Noah’s bloodline.
How odd. Hosea was written well after the timing of the supposed flood event. If folks in that time were "all polluted with evil" then the flood God sent to deal with wickedness was totally ineffective. Of course, given that Noah got drunk after the flood and laid around naked, perhaps he wasn't as righteous as God reckoned.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned

Post #55

Post by Grunt0311 »

Scripture does not nor did I say Noah was righteous. What I did say and scripture says is that Noah was righteous in his generations, another words his bloodline was not polluted with demonic influence.

Tcg
Savant

Post #56

Post by Tcg »

Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:02 pm Scripture does not nor did I say Noah was righteous. What I did say and scripture says is that Noah was righteous in his generations, another words his bloodline was not polluted with demonic influence.
That is not what scripture says:
Genesis 6:9 This is the account of Noah and his family.

Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.
The bigger mystery of your assertion is it relevance to the God ordained abortion and murder of babies recorded in Hosea.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned

Post #57

Post by Grunt0311 »

Guess it depends on the translation you read I avoid modern translations.The minority texts are corrupted. Gen 6:9 - These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. Your view of God is based on what you have been led to believe by lost men,sadly.

Tcg
Savant

Post #58

Post by Tcg »

Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:52 pm Guess it depends on the translation you read I avoid modern translations.The minority texts are corrupted. Gen 6:9 - These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. Your view of God is based on what you have been led to believe by lost men,sadly.
Regardless of how this verse should be interpreted, what relevance does it have on the God ordained abortion and murder of babies found in Hosea?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned

Post #59

Post by Grunt0311 »

The children ,unborn ,and babies you keep bringing up were corrupted by evil. God judged evil and those corrupted by their blood line being corrupted by evil were destroyed.

otseng
Savant

Post #60

Post by otseng »

Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:52 pmYour view of God is based on what you have been led to believe by lost men,sadly.
Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:13 amYou might want to seek God while you still have the opportunity.
Moderator Comment

Please debate without making personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.