Trayvon's avengers

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

rosey
Apprentice

Trayvon's avengers

Post #1

Post by rosey »

Since the young Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman, African Americans have been getting revenge for his death... on Caucasians. Why are they beating up white people? Zimmerman is Hispanic.
They beat up this guy,

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/23/2 ... r-3659891/

A couple days ago some boys beat up a 19 year old white kid, "For Trayon."

And some more African American boys beat up real bad a 80 year old white man.

WHY?

Angel

Post #31

Post by Angel »

Typos in my last post and I couldn't edit it...

For 'overjealous' I meant overzealous.

For 'play play though' I meant "play tough"

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by dianaiad »

Felix wrote:
MyReality wrote:I have only read her with being patient with the court system and have yet to hear her make any outcries for blood.
We know that many people have been crying for blood, and that controversy has and could contribute to causing countless crimes. What's the difference between this woman crying for blood vs. her supporters crying for blood? Isn't she providing the pretense of moral outrage, especially by hooking up with a professional race hustler, to fuel those cries for blood? And, have you heard her criticize anyone for calling for blood, or of any Martin supporters drawing blood?

You might as well express your respect and admiration for Hitler. He didn't himself kill millions of people and you never heard him say that the Jews should be exterminated. Do you really think this woman bears no guilt for the crimes already committed by her supporters and for the riots that will follow the verdict, and for the heavy damage this case has done to racial relations?
Wonderful....and Godwin strikes again. I am personally astounded at how completely that 'law' has been proven!
Felix wrote:A good parent probably wouldn't have raised a bad character like Martin. A good person would have accepted that her bad son was shot because he attacked someone. Even a half-decent person wouldn't have hooked up with Al Sharpton, for any reason. And, when Zimmerman is found not guilty, she'll denounce the verdict and call for federal prosecution.
Good people have bad children. Bad people have good ones. Yes, parents have a huge influence upon their kids, but those kids are also influenced by the world around them; their peers, school, advertisement, temptations of all sorts are all around us. I think that, just perhaps, you might want to NOT blame Trayvon's mama for what happened, and it might just be a good idea to remember that, 'good' son or 'bad' one, he was HERS, and of course her attitude toward this is going to be biased.

It SHOULD be biased. You are asking far too much to require her to excuse the actions of Zimmerman or the police, whether the facts support her or not. She's his mother. Being on her son's side is part of the job description.

connermt
Banned
Banned

Re: Trayvon's avengers

Post #33

Post by connermt »

rosey wrote:Since the young Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman, African Americans have been getting revenge for his death... on Caucasians. Why are they beating up white people? Zimmerman is Hispanic.
They beat up this guy,

WHY?
Because the world's full of angry, stupid people who can't even spell the word "stupid'. As senseless as that seems to sound, it's the honest truth.

MyReality
Apprentice

Post #34

Post by MyReality »

Still waiting on those links Felix.

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by Choir Loft »

rosey wrote: Since the young Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman, African Americans have been getting revenge for his death... on Caucasians. Why are they beating up white people? Zimmerman is Hispanic.
They beat up this guy,

WHY?
IN CASE anyone is interested...

I and my family enjoyed a dinner at a nice little German restaurant in Sanford, Florida last weekend. Sanford, as you all know, is the town where the Martin case has it's origins.

Life is returning to normal there, at least for now. The outside agitators have left and downtown businesses are returning to their normal number of customers. Folks stayed away from the business district in droves recently.

Locals are expecting the jury to return a verdict of guilty on manslaughter charges, not murder.

There is some level of anxiety with regard to an acquittal if such is the case.
Ministers of grace and the children of peace have nothing to do with outside influences meant to create trouble for the town. Al Sharpton, Jess Jackson and the ilk should stay home and clean their own dirty laundry.

On the other hand, there is a local rumor that Zimmerman has relatives in the judicial system and that's why the cops initially tabled any charges related to the shooting.

It is quite possible that if Zimmerman hadn't shot Martin, that Zimmerman would be the dead guy. In such a scenario, would anybody raise so much as an eyebrow?

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...
R.I.P. AMERICAN REPUBLIC
[June 21, 1788 - October 26, 2001]

- Here lies Liberty -
Born in the spring,
died in the fall.
Stabbed in the back,
forsaken by all.

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Post #36

Post by East of Eden »

Here's a whole list of racially motivated, black on white crimes. No doubt Eric Holder would have no interest in these cases:

http://blackracismandracehatred.blogspo ... s-for.html
"We are fooling ourselves if we imagine that we can ever make the authentic Gospel popular......it is too simple in an age of rationalism; too narrow in an age of pluralism; too humiliating in an age of self-confidence; too demanding in an age of permissiveness; and too unpatriotic in an age of blind nationalism." Rev. John R.W. Stott, CBE

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #37

Post by McCulloch »

richardP wrote: It is quite possible that if Zimmerman hadn't shot Martin, that Zimmerman would be the dead guy. In such a scenario, would anybody raise so much as an eyebrow?
You mean that if he did not follow Martin, challenge him and hunt him down, Zimmerman might be dead? If he had followed the advice of the 911 operator and left the policing to the police, he would have been in some kind of danger?

:shock:
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by Choir Loft »

rosey wrote: Since the young Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman, African Americans have been getting revenge for his death... on Caucasians. Why are they beating up white people? Zimmerman is Hispanic.
They beat up this guy,

WHY?
How long do some Americans have to keep apologizing for wearing white skin?
R.I.P. AMERICAN REPUBLIC
[June 21, 1788 - October 26, 2001]

- Here lies Liberty -
Born in the spring,
died in the fall.
Stabbed in the back,
forsaken by all.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by JoeyKnothead »

richardP wrote: How long do some Americans have to keep apologizing for wearing white skin?
As long as they keep gettin' onto others for not.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #40

Post by dianaiad »

JoeyKnothead wrote:
richardP wrote: How long do some Americans have to keep apologizing for wearing white skin?
As long as they keep gettin' onto others for not.
Right now the biggest problem African Americans have is black on black crime; their own young men killing each other. That is fact. Not perception, not racism...FACT. For instance, in the same weekend in which Trayvon was killed, 41 (mostly black) people were murdered in Chicago--including a 6 year old girl--by black gangs. Quite a few African American leaders are upset about the way this situation is being dealt with; why is the death of African Americans only important if a 'white" person is doing the killing?

As sad as it seems, it is also true that racially motivated violence has been far more prevalent FROM minorities TOWARD 'white' (and I've never quite figured out what that means, exactly...) than white on minorities, and has been for the last thirty to forty years.

What, is it their "Turn" now? What happens when the 'white' folks figure that they've been beat up on enough? Do they get to take their turn again?

The young black people who are going after whites 'for Trayvon" have personally NEVER had to deal with the sort of thing their grandparents did. No riding at the back of the bus. No separate water fountains, rest rooms or schools. No gazing longingly at the public swimming pool that was for 'whites only.' No literacy tests for voting (though that might be a good idea, for everybody). No 'coloreds need not apply"...indeed, being black today puts you at the FRONT of the line for jobs, scholarships and university admission.

So.

When IS enough, enough?

Or has everybody forgotten that if every single white person is racist and against every single 'person of color,' we'd still HAVE slavery? They didn't free themselves. Brown vs. The Board of Education was decided by an all white Supreme Court.

Look at this; have you ever seen a more complete group of old white men?

When I was a teenager, I loved MLK jr. I didn't march in any protests...but then, given where I lived, there wasn't a great deal of need for such. There wasn't any segregation here.

Racism is a problem in this country...but it's not white racism that's the problem anymore.

.............and to stop an argument that I am 99% sure will be forthcoming...that it is impossible for a minority to oppress a majority, take a good long look at the population statistics of the pre-civil war south. Shoot, take a look at any period in human history where a minority is in charge--and that has actually been pretty much the whole of history.

As is the usual, eventual, result of such stupidity. Here's the thing; at least two generations of people have been born since Brown vs the Board of Education--one of which fought, both black AND white, for racial equality and civil rights for everybody. That generation has GRANDCHILDREN who benefit from their struggles, both black and white.

And I'll tell you something; if the black kids don't wake up and smell the anger, and see that enough is enough, all hell is going to break loose. Again.

Y'know, I have a cousin who is scared to death to walk down an all black neighborhood, and whose adrenalin spikes whenever she sees two or three young black men together. She'll go to almost any lengths to avoid them, where a similar group of young white men doesn't give her the same set of shivers. She's still careful--after all, she IS African American herself--but she's not frightened.

So...I think that African Americans should stop blaming everything on 'Whitey" and dealing with the violence in their own ranks.

BTW, in case anybody reading this decides that I'm white, and therefore racist and have no right to speak...

I'm in a rather special class; the racists on BOTH sides hate me. After all, I don't say 'some of my best friends are."

My husband was.