Trayvon's avengers

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

rosey
Apprentice

Trayvon's avengers

Post #1

Post by rosey »

Since the young Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman, African Americans have been getting revenge for his death... on Caucasians. Why are they beating up white people? Zimmerman is Hispanic.
They beat up this guy,

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/23/2 ... r-3659891/

A couple days ago some boys beat up a 19 year old white kid, "For Trayon."

And some more African American boys beat up real bad a 80 year old white man.

WHY?

Philbert

Post #331

Post by Philbert »

Man, I don't envy the police having to interpret such laws in real world situations...

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #332

Post by Danmark »

Philbert wrote: Man, I don't envy the police having to interpret such laws in real world situations...
Jury instructions can be confusing. Fortunately for the police, they don't have to know or try to interpret them. They are simply taught the statutes or basic summaries and they are instructed on basic search and seizure. They arrest on the basis of 'probable cause' and can do brief detentions on 'reasonable suspicion.'

Jurors have a very different role. Frequently during deliberation jurors ask the judge to clarify an instruction or have other questions. The judge almost always simply replies "Read the instructions." Judges are acutely aware they have to avoid appearing to comment on the evidence. Juries are funny. Sometimes one domineering personality or juror who seems smart and authoritative can sway an entire jury panel. What surprised me about Florida, is that they have a 6 person jury on a felony. Most States have 12 and always at least one alternate who sits in the box the entire trial. 6 person juries are used only in misdemeanor cases in lower courts.

'12 Angry Men'
, the version with Henry Fonda, is interesting and actually instructive. My Cousin Vinny has actually been used in seminars I've attended.

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Post #333

Post by East of Eden »

Shot of Zimmerman's head wounds taken three minutes after:

http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/2012 ... -occurred/
"We are fooling ourselves if we imagine that we can ever make the authentic Gospel popular......it is too simple in an age of rationalism; too narrow in an age of pluralism; too humiliating in an age of self-confidence; too demanding in an age of permissiveness; and too unpatriotic in an age of blind nationalism." Rev. John R.W. Stott, CBE

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Post #334

Post by East of Eden »

White man in coma after being beaten by blacks:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/he-thought-h ... ghborhood/

Anyone hear the MSM reporting on this hate crime? Eric Holder do any press conferences on it? Obama? Their outrage seems to be quite selective.

I bet not.
"We are fooling ourselves if we imagine that we can ever make the authentic Gospel popular......it is too simple in an age of rationalism; too narrow in an age of pluralism; too humiliating in an age of self-confidence; too demanding in an age of permissiveness; and too unpatriotic in an age of blind nationalism." Rev. John R.W. Stott, CBE

Angel

Post #335

Post by Angel »

I know that some here are interested in trying to make Zimmerman look good and innocent despite his past but lets bring out some new information. Since Zimmerman's not guilty verdict, he has been stopped by police multiple times for speeding. Something which he was in trouble for in the past before he went to jail for shooting Treyvon. Also, he's now being accused of threatening his CURRENT wife and father-in-law with a gun (source: ABC news). Zimmerman's ex-girlfriend also complained of domestic violence from Zimmerman although there's reports that BOTH of them were violent. That's TWO women accusing George of domestic fights/threats so. So in my view, Zimmerman is no saint, he's just at best less violent (but still potentially hot headed) than Treyvon.

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #336

Post by dianaiad »

Angel wrote: I know that some here are interested in trying to make Zimmerman look good and innocent despite his past but lets bring out some new information. Since Zimmerman's not guilty verdict, he has been stopped by police multiple times for speeding. Something which he was in trouble for in the past before he went to jail for shooting Treyvon. Also, he's now being accused of threatening his CURRENT wife and father-in-law with a gun (source: ABC news). Zimmerman's ex-girlfriend also complained of domestic violence from Zimmerman although there's reports that BOTH of them were violent. That's TWO women accusing George of domestic fights/threats so. So in my view, Zimmerman is no saint, he's just at best less violent (but still potentially hot headed) than Treyvon.
I'm surprised that he's not worse. Given what the man has gone through over the last two years, and the fact that y'all WON'T LEAVE HIM ALONE and won't be happy until he's in prison for the rest of his life or waiting for a needle, having him act out in this manner is understandable.

Not condonable, but understandable....and if he were black, having been hounded this way for this long, everybody would be falling all over themselves trying to cut him some slack: examining stress, advocating therapy, saying 'oh, poor guy..."

The fact is, whatever it is he threatened, please notice that he didn't DO anything.

As well, would you care to enumerate the many stops he's had by the police for speeding, the tickets, and so forth?

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #337

Post by Danmark »

dianaiad wrote:
Angel wrote: I know that some here are interested in trying to make Zimmerman look good and innocent despite his past but lets bring out some new information. Since Zimmerman's not guilty verdict, he has been stopped by police multiple times for speeding. Something which he was in trouble for in the past before he went to jail for shooting Treyvon. Also, he's now being accused of threatening his CURRENT wife and father-in-law with a gun (source: ABC news). Zimmerman's ex-girlfriend also complained of domestic violence from Zimmerman although there's reports that BOTH of them were violent. That's TWO women accusing George of domestic fights/threats so. So in my view, Zimmerman is no saint, he's just at best less violent (but still potentially hot headed) than Treyvon.
I'm surprised that he's not worse. Given what the man has gone through over the last two years, and the fact that y'all WON'T LEAVE HIM ALONE and won't be happy until he's in prison for the rest of his life or waiting for a needle, having him act out in this manner is understandable.

Not condonable, but understandable....and if he were black, having been hounded this way for this long, everybody would be falling all over themselves trying to cut him some slack: examining stress, advocating therapy, saying 'oh, poor guy..."

The fact is, whatever it is he threatened, please notice that he didn't DO anything.

As well, would you care to enumerate the many stops he's had by the police for speeding, the tickets, and so forth?
My concern re: this continuing topic is that people continue to see these events in terms of race and with an absence of facts.

Zimmerman should not be judged on the basis of mere accusation. Neither should he be judged on the basis of the verdict in the murder case. He was found 'not guilty.' That simply means the jury found, on the basis of the jury instructions and evidence presented, Zimmerman was not guilty of what he was charged with "beyond reasonable doubt." A 'not guilty verdict' is not a verdict of innocence. I simply means the State did not prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

The continuing babbling about this case by people who have neither examined the jury instructions, nor have had the evidence presented to them first hand, as is the case with the jury, is ridiculous. Enough already!

Angel

Post #338

Post by Angel »

dianaiad wrote:
Who is "ya'll" and when did I speak about my feelings on the issue or wanting George back in jail? Please be sure not to lump me into the POLARIZED sides that you try to paint me into. IN other words, please address ME and MY specific position instead of speaking to me as if I'm a representative of the PRO-Treyvon- cheerleading want-all-guns-banned and throw-Zimmerman-back-in-jail group. Just because someone doesn't agree with your position, doesn't justify your false dichotomy especially when I've pointed this out to you REPEATEDLY on this very thread.
dianaiad wrote: Not condonable, but understandable....and if he were black, having been hounded this way for this long, everybody would be falling all over themselves trying to cut him some slack: examining stress, advocating therapy, saying 'oh, poor guy..."
I don't care about George Zimmerman's race nor was that part of my posts. Do you have a problem staying focused on just ME and MY views instead of just going off rambling about the PRO-TRAYVON-throw-Zimmerman-back-in-jail side and their views?
dianaiad wrote: The fact is, whatever it is he threatened, please notice that he didn't DO anything.
Hmm, threatening someone with a gun is not doing anything? Sure it's nothing 'physical' and perhaps not YET but from experience people do act on threats if not at the moment then later on in time. In fact, threats, especially with a gun, can start fights which may have been what happened if he threatened Trayvon Martin. In my view, a person shouldn't have a gun if they can't control their mouth and to my knowledge just threatening someone with a gun falls under 'aggravated assault with a deadly weapon'.

Also, according to initial reports it isn't just a threat that was involved. Here's George Zimmerman's wife said:
Shellie also said George Zimmerman punched her father in the nose, and he had a mark on it. She believed it was broken. She also said George Zimmerman took her iPad out of her hands and slashed it with a pocket knife.
Source: http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews ... ing_g.html

There's a 911 call recording on that source as well. It's
dianaiad wrote: As well, would you care to enumerate the many stops he's had by the police for speeding, the tickets, and so forth?
It's hard to say how many times he's been pulled over for speeding or any other traffic violations since the only thing that comes up are traffic cases where he had to go to court or traffic stops that were caught on tape by police dash cams. Also, some times he may get away with a warning and not a ticket which wouldn't show up on any records if it's not documented. But you gotta say, being pulled over 2 times for speeding within a 3 month period is a problem.

Pulled over for speeding #1 in July 2013:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162- ... port-says/

Pulled over for speeding #2: Just this month Sept. 2013
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 3011.story

Pulled over for speeding #3 in 2006
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03 ... ficer?lite

Angel

Post #339

Post by Angel »

George Zimmerman was arrested today for 'aggravated assault with a deadly weapon'. A news conference that just finished on CNN mentioned that he pointed a shotgun at his NEW girlfriend. Here's one source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/f ... index.html

Just two months ago, Zimmeran was placed in police custody after allegations that he stabbed his wife's (may be ex-wife by now) i-pad and hit his father-in-law in the nose. This is really unacceptable and shows further evidence of Zimmernan's violent and hot headed nature since we now have THREE different women (his ex-girlfriend, his ex-wife, and now his NEW girlfriend) accusing him of domestic violence. Two of the three mentioned that he threatened them with a gun.

I just wonder why doesn't Zimmerman get it. How hard is it to stay away from women, Black neighborhoods, and i-pads?

Edit:
Update based on reports released on December 9, 2013-

Samantha Scheibe, Zimmerman's girlfriend, has now mentioned in a affidavit that Zimmerman did not point a gun at her in a threatening way (source). Zimmerman was on schedule to go to trial for 3 charges: aggravated assault with deadly weapon, battery (domestic violence), and criminal mischief. So I suppose now prosecutors may not be able to follow through on the aggravated assault charge but I still see corroborating evidence for the other two charges. She was pushed out of her own house after telling Zimmerman to leave and there were broken belongings in the house. In my view, either this girl is suffering from "battered woman syndrome' leading her to lie about the gun threat when it really did happen or the gun threat really didn't happen or the gun threat did not occur at all which makes the woman dishonest. I bring up the 'battered woman syndrome' because her retraction coincides with her wanting to get right back in a relationship with Zimmerman which is also reported in the source that I linked to earlier.