Frozen slaves

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Frozen slaves

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Wootah wrote: I think there is a relationship suggested here: that lack of moral outrage means lack of moral issue. Surely lack of moral outrage implies lack of morals more clearly?

Here's an idea: all unwanted embryos should become property of the state and given a number and become part of the military.

The unwanted: we didn't want them but we need them.
with regard to unwanted frozen embroys, it was poses that they should be made slaves and forced to serve in the military without the dignity of even having a name.

For debate:

For all unwanted fetus's who would otherwise be aborted should we force the mothers into having the child and have them become property of the state given a number and forced into the military?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Frozen slaves

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by DanieltheDragon]

Well I'm politically neutral but I believe as one of Jehovah's that life begins at concepton.

Anyone that disregards God's standards will I believe have to face God's judgement.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

Man i wrote that in 2015 and still didn't bother to write the sci fi movie for that idea.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

bluethread
Savant

Post #4

Post by bluethread »

Well, under the guise of protecting children in cases of domestic violence, all children are wards of the state, here in Washington. I do not think that is a good thing. I am also opposed to in-vitro and freezing embryos. Regarding abortions , the left used to argue for safe and rare. Now, they argue for it as an absolute right. Given all of the alternatives available today any abortion on demand is little more than a selfish act. Abortions related to rape, incest and the physical health of the mother is more complicated.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #5

Post by myth-one.com »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
Wootah wrote: I think there is a relationship suggested here: that lack of moral outrage means lack of moral issue. Surely lack of moral outrage implies lack of morals more clearly?

Here's an idea: all unwanted embryos should become property of the state and given a number and become part of the military.

The unwanted: we didn't want them but we need them.
with regard to unwanted frozen embroys, it was poses that they should be made slaves and forced to serve in the military without the dignity of even having a name.

For debate:

For all unwanted fetus's who would otherwise be aborted should we force the mothers into having the child and have them become property of the state given a number and forced into the military?
Mankind is incapable of adequate population control, even with the tool of legal abortion.

Also, the value of human life is subject to the laws of demand and supply -- like everything else.

Click here to watch the world becoming overpopulated: World Population clock

Some tools for controlling over population are war, starvation, disease, plague, etc. None of these are pleasant.

Another tool is birth control by stopping conception.

This method of birth control has historically not worked. Many of us are the result of un-intentioned conceptions.

So now we debate allowing the destruction of living embryos as a means of birth control.
Wootah wrote:The unwanted: we didn't want them but we need them.
If we needed them, they would be unwanted. They would have value.

Conscripting all unwanted embryos into the military would perpetuate war and war is hell!

=========================================

An embryo is an organism in the early stages of development which cannot survive on its own.

An unwanted embryo probably has no one to help it survive.

Thus it does not survive.

Why is death not the best case scenerio for unwanted enbryos?

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by DanieltheDragon]

Well I'm politically neutral but I believe as one of Jehovah's that life begins at concepton.

Anyone that disregards God's standards will I believe have to face God's judgement.

JW
According to God's moral standards as outlined in the Bible, both genocide and slavery are justified.

Wikipedia
Genocide
In 1946, the first session of the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution that "affirmed" that genocide was a crime under international law and enumerated examples of such events (but did not provide a full legal definition of the crime). In 1948, the UN General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG) which defined the crime of genocide for the first time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide

Genocide is now considered an international crime.

Wikipedia
slavery
In Mauritania, the last country to abolish slavery (in 1981), it is estimated that or 20 percent of its 3 million population, are enslaved as bonded laborers.Slavery in Mauritania was criminalized in August 2007.

Slavery is now illegal world wide.

Humankind has surpassed "God's moral standards."
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #7

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 5 by Tired of the Nonsense]

I agree that you do believe that.

I think you are not the only one, there are lots of people like you.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 5 by Tired of the Nonsense]

I agree that you do believe that.

I think you are not the only one, there are lots of people like you.

JW
God's moral standards as depicted in the Bible set the bar appallingly low. Outlawing both slavery and genocide represents an obvious change for the better. It raises the bar of moral standards. Yes, many of us DO believe that. Others still maintain that slaughtering helpless people can be morally justified. Which is why we need to turn our backs on Biblical standards of morality with all possible speed and move on.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #9

Post by Bust Nak »

Sure;y it's cheaper to build killer bots than to support an army of people from the moment of birth 'till they are old enough to serve.