Should the next president be a woman?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.

Monta
Guru

Post #61

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 59 by 2Dbunk]

"I saw a news clip last night showing Putin announcing that it's not important who is doing the hacking/releasing of Hillary's emails, but what the content of those released documents are. If he is supposedly out of the loop, why is he making such statements? Sounds to me that he's closer to being Trump's enabler than Trump would like to admit. "

It is the most rational statement and American people are
the ones who should want to know about emails
of a future President.

Besides accusations there's no confirmation.
Why not. Rather crazy.

KenRU
Guru

Post #62

Post by KenRU »

In my opinion, it is all irrelevant now. A woman WILL be the next president.

Trump will not win the minority vote.

Trump will not win the women's vote (especially after saying in the last debate that he will appoint pro-life judges who will overturn RvW).

Any shot he had is toast.

The tagline for the Alien vs. Predator movie is better suited for our 2016 Presidential Election: "Whichever wins, we lose."

Integrity and Rationality: 0
Partisan Politics: 1

Lucky us.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

Witness2U
Banned
Banned

Re: Should the next president be a woman?

Post #63

Post by Witness2U »

[Replying to post 1 by 2Dbunk]

I know that God created a man both male and female so it doesn't make any difference to him what the body looks like that he chose to be the next President of the U.S. That body has both male and female genetic code in it.

In Paradise, a created man will awaken in two bodies. One body will be a male and the other body will be a female.

Talishi
Guru

Post #64

Post by Talishi »

Witness2U wrote: In Paradise, a created man will awaken in two bodies. One body will be a male and the other body will be a female.
If I awaken in a male body the first thing I'll look for will be a knife.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

Witness2U
Banned
Banned

Post #65

Post by Witness2U »

[Replying to post 63 by Talishi]

You won't remember living in this first temporary age.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #66

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 62 by Witness2U]

If I awaken as a female I will immediately don an iron j-strap (cup) shaped as a venus fly-trap if Trump is anywhere nearby. Ooops, didn't read Witness2U's last pronouncement . . . sorry.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

JLB32168

Post #67

Post by JLB32168 »

The next president should be qualified and able to hear and act on smart advice. If she be a woman then "Great!" The Eastern world has had empresses for centuries and they did a bang up job doing it - Zoe, Catherine, Irene, etc.

To have a female president just because she's female and to establish some ceiling breaking precedent, but nothing more, is just stupid - not that I think this is the case in the current US president race.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #68

Post by 2Dbunk »

Two days to go.

To paraphrase TIME'S cover story [The End Is Near], "This campaign has boiled down to What women can be and What men can get away with." (Remember, Hillary has not been proven to be guilty of anything Trump or "His" supporters accuse of her doing !!!)

Now that nine of the last 13 days of the campaign has been wasted by the unjust intrusion of FBI Director Comey at the expense of Hillary's character (and loss of early balloting votes), the outcome of this election is soiled. Hillary is somewhat favored to win according to polls but if she wins, it is not likely that she will win the House or Senate. Those houses of Congress will remain in gridlock stultifying any meaningful legislation or court justices that Hillary may propose. Had Comey never intruded, she would very likely have a Democratic Senate (and a shot at the House of Representatives)!

One would think that with an approval rating in the teens these two houses would be cleared and replaced with potentially more able representatives. This is the time to do it, if anyone is listening.

If there is a God (and is listening), "He or She" should come and save our nation now (like the male version promised a long, long time ago).
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #69

Post by 2Dbunk »

IT IS OVER! And the aftermath of the election is beginning. Notice how calm and mature Trump is acting -- one wonders how long THAT will last. Probably until He can't get His way -- then look out!. If this sounds like sour grapes, well, I'm saying it now while I still can.

THIS ELECTION HAS BEEN THE GREATEST CON GAME EVER PUT OVER AMERICANS !! Thank heavens for the remaining firewall: the Electoral College. Now we'll find out if the Electoral College REALLY works.

We have been played, folks. Likewise the media, the Republican Party, all the "deplorables" and those who think Trump is religious. He said anything to get elected contradicting himself too many times to count. The media lapped up His absurdities giving Him free press 24/7, thinking He was just cutting His own throat.

The result of this election has elevated impetuous behavior to that of a virtue. It has greatly lowered the bar for men's behavior around women, raised organizations like the KKK to meaningful recognition. And sent a message to our children that it's now okay to say and do things that we once taught them not to do.

Talking to my wife about an upcoming party (we both dislike parties but as an officer of the organization, I was pretty much obliged to attend), she remarked the hope that "nobody mentions the election. But if so, I am prepared to impart to them three reasons in defense of Hillary" (which I will not reiterate here). "What are your three reasons?" she asked me -- "you have to have at least three to match my three!"

I replied that I have only one. She was adamant, "You've got to have at least three!" Nope, just one. "Oh, what's that?" "That he's the biggest liar I ever knew or heard!" Then I started listing the lies that he's racked up during the campaign.

"enough -- enough already," she said after about five minutes of my list. "You go with that -- you'll be okay."

I think the biggest lie -- and I heard Trump say it twice, and without a teleprompter: "There is no one else that has more respect for women than I do." Maybe if you replaced "respect" with lust for PRETTY women, his statement might be true. The fact is, all of his promises are undeliverable -- even with a Republican Congress and a Supreme Court stacked in his favor. He's already waffling on ObamaCare saying he'll keep two of its most endearing and important tenets: "I like them."

ALERT, ALERT to the "Deplorables:" TRUMP IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE, fiscally or otherwise. He's not going to reverse Roe v. Wade and he may just initiate legislation to do away with the sale of assault weapons to J. Q. Public. He'll soon find there's not enough money to rebuild the inner cities -- bridges, highways, public utilities maybe, but Hillary planned to do that anyway (the Democrats always do things like that). You have been played !!

What will He do if He doesn't get his way with the Congress (a stretch I'll admit)? Replace them with deplorable yes men like Goerring and Himmler? All of a sudden this optimist has turned into a pessimist. BRING BACK GEORGE W. BUSH !! (just kidding)

EVEN IF I'M WRONG, I'M RIGHT -- just like Donald Trump! The enigma is just beginning, enjoy.

Michael Reagan, columnist, said in yesterday's paper: "The election is over! Either get out of the way or GROW UP! I wonder who he was talking to?

KenRU
Guru

Post #70

Post by KenRU »

Boy, was I wrong.

Hard to wrap my head around this one.

We shall see. I hope I am wrong about him being a horrible president. Time will tell.

-all the best
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg