Should the next president be a woman?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #71

Post by 2Dbunk »

Yes! And it's not too late.

Okay, the odds are against this happening, but because of the overly sultriness of the presidential campaign -- the hyped lies and obvious bigotry, misogyny, and temper tantrums calling for foreign intervention from a world leader who is a dictator in everything but name only, a correction can still be made.

The president-elect can hardly be taken seriously as the next president of the United States. He is a person who has promoted impetuous behavior to a virtuous art form in the eyes of his ID (Irredeemable Deplorables), and has favorably elevated Vladimir Putin to the world's center stage.

The following, from theguardian.com, analyses the situation in terms of Facebook adherents:
. . . The Pew Research Center found that 44% of Americans get their news from Facebook.

Within Facebook’s digital echo chamber, misinformation that aligns with our beliefs spreads like wildfire. Yet fake news is not a uniquely Republican problem. An analysis by BuzzFeed found that 38% of posts shared from three large rightwing politics pages on Facebook included “false or misleading information� and that three large leftwing pages did the same 19% of the time.

What is a uniquely Republican problem is the validation given to fake news by the now president-elect. Trump has routinely repeated false news stories and whipped up conspiracy theories – whether that’s questioning Obama’s heritage, calling climate change a hoax or questioning “crooked� Hillary Clinton’s health – during high-profile rallies, while urging his followers not to trust corrupt traditional media.

The conspiracy theories are amplified by a network of highly partisan media outlets with questionable editorial policies, including a website called the Denver Guardian peddling stories about Clinton murdering people and a cluster of pro-Trump sites founded by teenagers in Veles, Macedonia, motivated only by the advertising dollars they can accrue if enough people click on their links.
Add to this the meddling (hacking) into the DNC and Hillary's e-mail server by the Russians --IMO a case can be built to deny the presidency to an entity who trash-mouthed the electoral process when he thought he was losing. I'm talking about the Electoral College which was insisted upon by Alexander Hamilton to bar the presidency to individuals having the character of Donald Trump. Sure Wiki-leaks showed some shabbiness in Hillary's messages, but consider had the RNC and "the Donald" been hacked exposing Trump in all HIS GLORY, we most certainly would have had another story.

Facebook is hardly an equal to the mainstream media (including FOX) and its newsworthiness journalism standards. I've been asking and debating: What has the media to gain from favoring one party over the other? The ID is suspicious and fearful of them because they are educated journalists, therefor "elitists." So, should we do away with colleges and universities because they breed such distrust?

You tell me. Where am I missing education's misanthropy? Please, ID, let me know.

4insight
Student

Re: Should the next president be a woman?

Post #72

Post by 4insight »

2Dbunk wrote:

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.
I believes that Hillary's testosterone level must be higher than a man. Because she has been the one that has been starting these wars lately.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #73

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 71 by 4insight]
I believes that Hillary's testosterone level must be higher than a man. Because she has been the one that has been starting these wars lately.
What wars are you referring to?
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #74

Post by 2Dbunk »

2Dbunk replies:
It's been 15 days since I asked you to tell me what wars Hillary has started. I realize that today's Republican party is rarely cited for its intellectual attributes and, though the GOP's icon is an elephant (known for its memory), its recollection is as fleeting as a goldfish, you may not remember that all of the wars now festering in the Middle East are the direct result of George W. Bush's invasion of Iraq in 2004.

Remember the WMDs that the UN couldn't find but GWB knew somehow they existed any-way? His father (not the one in heaven) knew better than to open THAT can of worms when he reclaimed Kuwait in the first war with Iraq (late 1980s).

As I've questioned other of your companions on this Website: Where the heck do you get your news from?

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #75

Post by 2Dbunk »

2D bunk asks:

It's been 30-days now and still no answer from you, 4insight! I guess I'll just have to claim victory insofar as you've not been able to substantiate your claim.

Chalk it up to "fake news" which runs amuck in social media. And before otseng relegates this post to purgatory (rants and Ramblings), I invite his opinion as to the state of Hillaries "wars" -- real or unreal; made up from fake news sites, or not?

One never hears otseng's views on anything. Maybe he's God, or maybe he's a statistical geek. I mean no disrespect -- this is a wonderful and open-minded Web forum that is available to all; I appreciate otseng!

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #76

Post by 2Dbunk »

Now that Hillary has been vanquished from the political scene, Pres. Trump has essentially elevated Elizabeth Warren as his Democratic replacement (by addressing her as Pocahontas).

She's a fighter and I believe she can match him name for name, tweet for tweet, in 2020. By then this country will welcome her with open arms (if we still have a Democratic form of government).

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #77

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 75 by 2Dbunk]

In view of the recent political presidential campaign, I say DUMP THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!

In 2000 G.W. Bush won office without a majority (500,000 votes less than Al Gore) and became arguably one the worst presidents in our history. Now, in 2016, we elected a narcissist, misogynist, anti-science, potential sexual predator to the highest office in the [strike]nation[/strike] world 2,600,000 votes shy of his runner-up.

I don't think that is the way Democracy is supposed to work.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #78

Post by McCulloch »

2Dbunk wrote:In view of the recent political presidential campaign, I say DUMP THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!
The Electoral College is specified in the Constitution, so getting rid of it would require a Constitutional amendment. That is not likely to happen. But what the constitution does not specify is how the States should allocate their electoral votes. Forty-eight of the states allocate their votes on a winner take all basis. So if a state has twenty-five electoral votes and one party gets 51% of the presidential votes, then that party gets all 25 of the electoral votes. This winner take all policy is the reason for the bad results.

But two states allocate their votes differently. So, under the current constitution, without passing difficult ammendments, it can be changed. One way would be simple proportional allocation. So, if one party got 51% of the votes in a state, then they would get about 51% of the electoral votes for that state.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Dropship
Under Probation

Post #79

Post by Dropship »

2Dbunk wrote:
Yes, if it's sassy Sarah Palin or somebody very much like her!
Gosh I love that gal, no tinpot tyrant better mess with her..:)

Sarah visits USS Stennis, 2009
"Captain, can I hit that big red button to launch an airstrike?"
"Against what target ma'am?"
"A herd of mooses swimming the Bering Strait from Russia to Alaska"
"Are they a threat ma'am?"
"Of course, they're commie mooses"

zjsd26
Student

Post #80

Post by zjsd26 »

It would be interesting but the chances are very low.