Reasons for Trumps victory

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Reasons for Trumps victory

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Why do you suppose that Donald Trump won the presidency?

Among other reasons, was it because his supporters were racists, misogynist, xenophobic, or otherwise bigoted...?

OR

Could it be that most of us were tired of being called "racist", "misogynist", "xenophobic" or otherwise bigoted for no real reason other than we simply opposed Obama and Clinton.?

Was the race really as simple and simplistic as a contest between tolerance vs bigotry?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Reasons for Trumps victory

Post #11

Post by ttruscott »

Elijah John wrote: Why do you suppose that Donald Trump won the presidency?

Among other reasons, was it because his supporters were racists, misogynist, xenophobic, or otherwise bigoted...?

OR

Could it be that most of us were tired of being called "racist", "misogynist", "xenophobic" or otherwise bigoted for no real reason other than we simply opposed Obama and Clinton.?

Was the race really as simple and simplistic as a contest between tolerance vs bigotry?
One word: Hillary. Even her own side did not come out to vote.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

bluethread
Savant

Post #12

Post by bluethread »

rikuoamero wrote:
Second - I'm surprised myself that (on this site) I'm agreeing with the Christians and not with my fellow atheists.
That is a sign of integrity and nothing to ashamed of. I often find myself agreeing with atheists on this issue when it is applied to theistic evangelicals. If all one wishes to do is change public behavior, insulting one's intelligent can have some short term effect. However, if one truly wishes to change people's hearts and minds, it is more effective to appeal to the intelligence that they do have, not the intelligence you feel they lack. I find that most honest people are more than willing to admit their ignorance, if they know you are more interested in helping them learn, than in winning the argument.

marco
Savant

Post #13

Post by marco »

Elijah John wrote:

I would never claim to understand the mysteries of American politics but, from the outside, I would suggest that Trump won because he said things that people identify with. We can label these misogyny or racist but I think that rhetoric that scents of sincerity captures minds. Granted those whose minds are higher than Donald's won't be captivated at all.

But to inject some religion. Here is how Christ won his election campaign:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. "

Those without food, those in danger of losing, those who feel neglected HEAR something for THEM. It may all be insincere, but it certainly makes one candidate better than the other.
And the slurs on his character? They did the same to Jesus, did they not?

I am not suggesting Trump is Christ - but perhaps he used the right rhetoric. Let us hope that he doesn't see himself as Christ but learns to listen.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #14

Post by Elijah John »

marco wrote:
Elijah John wrote:

I would never claim to understand the mysteries of American politics but, from the outside, I would suggest that Trump won because he said things that people identify with. We can label these misogyny or racist but I think that rhetoric that scents of sincerity captures minds. Granted those whose minds are higher than Donald's won't be captivated at all.

But to inject some religion. Here is how Christ won his election campaign:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. "

Those without food, those in danger of losing, those who feel neglected HEAR something for THEM. It may all be insincere, but it certainly makes one candidate better than the other.
And the slurs on his character? They did the same to Jesus, did they not?

I am not suggesting Trump is Christ - but perhaps he used the right rhetoric. Let us hope that he doesn't see himself as Christ but learns to listen.
He has. Donald Trump sent his supporters several surveys asking for our input as to how to proceed with the debate. Multiple choice with room for comments.

In a modern day version of the parable of the Widow's Mite, Mr, Trump told of a struggling individual who gave a small donation, but it was a big sacrifice to that person. That moved Mr. Trump to contribute 10 million dollars to his own campaign when the outcome was far from certain.

And after he won, he sent us a very gracious thank you note, a form letter to be sure, but still. He didn't have to do that.

These actions run counter to his stereotype. Donald Trump can and has shown signs of humility, gratitude, and a willingness to learn.

Indications are he will grow into the job of POTUS very well indeed.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Monta
Guru

Post #15

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 14 by Elijah John]

"These actions run counter to his stereotype. Donald Trump can and has shown signs of humility, gratitude, and a willingness to learn. "

Thank you for sharing that with us.

We hare in Oz only know what we saw on telly and a lot of it was not very nice
but in-between-here-and-there my friends and I saw the nicer sides in Trump.

Many of us hopeful for better years ahead.

4insight
Student

Post #16

Post by 4insight »

[Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

Most likely it is for this reason.

These guys that were in office before were all working together as one. There were no different parties, but pretending to be oppositions. Now we has new blood that doesn't belong with neither. They are trying their best to have him crucify, but they are unable to do so. I saw a video about Hillary despises those that brings religion into how the government should do things. Her and Obama supported the women rights to abort a unborn child even if its delivery date is the next day. Hillary received lot of money from Planned parenthood, and Planned parenthood were caught selling baby's body parts. I know that there is a long waiting list for organ donating; but tricking a woman into giving up her unborn child just for them to make a fast buck is crazy. It says in these days that there will be people lover of money and pleasure, not caring for others , but only for themselves. I guess that they are just fulfilling what scriptures has said.

Monta
Guru

Post #17

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 16 by 4insight]

I am so reluctant to respond to yr post as I feel sick in the stomach just reading about it. God only knows what goes on in Syria and Iraq and other war places.
Even in Europe thousands of refugee children are missing. Who's got them?
How come with all the intelligence and survellance these things are not known by the authorities?

Trump is giving the world some hope that things might turn for the better.

This kind of satanism has to stop

Youkilledkenny
Sage

Post #18

Post by Youkilledkenny »

Because people are sick of politics and politicians (and people are, to put is simply, stupid) they will vote for anything (obviously) that doesn't bill themselves as a politician AND make promises to meet the wants of these people.
There may have been other, smaller reasons, but these are the biggest two I've seen.

The Devil could have ran and, if he would have said "I'm not a politician" he would have won.
Maybe he did....maybe he did.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Blastcat »

Elijah John wrote: Why do you suppose that Donald Trump won the presidency?

OR

If that's an either/or situation, it's a false dichotomy.

There might be thousands of reasons.. maybe even millions.

:)

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 11 by ttruscott]

Elijah John wrote:

[center]
One word
[/center]

ttruscott wrote: One word: Hillary. Even her own side did not come out to vote.

I love how some people can simplify everything for us.
It's just "one word".

:)