USA Nuclear Policy on Twitter?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Divine Insight
Savant

USA Nuclear Policy on Twitter?

Post #1

Post by Divine Insight »

Donald Trump isn't even the official president of the United States yet and he's already tweeting to the world that he's preparing for an arms race until the rest of the world comes it its sense regarding nukes!

"The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes" - Donald Trump

This is deadly serious folks. Americans have just elected an absolute lunatic as commander-in-chief of the United States Nuclear Arsenal!

Just as predicted, this totally unfit idiot is "tweeting" nuclear threats to the rest of the world and he hasn't even been officially inaugurated as president yet. He can hardly wait to get his finger on the nuclear button and start using it to threaten other countries to come to their senses? :shock:

I don't care who supports this maniac, the USA has just been taken over by an absolute madman who is clearly unfit for the job.

Obama certainly made that call right!

We are about to go from having a previously intelligent human being as president to having an absolute idiot that most likely has serious psychological mental illness as well.

I don't care who supports Trump, this is crazy! He's not even in the office yet and he's talking about using nuclear threats until the rest of the world come to their senses?

Sorry folks, but Donald Trump is the one who has no sense at all. None whatsoever!

This is absolute insanity.

Even if a president wanted to make some statement about nuclear policy changes you don't do it using twitter threatening the rest of the world to come to their senses.

This is insane.

How can anyone support this madman? He's going to provoke a nuclear war Through Twitter no less!

He doesn't even bother sitting down with security advisors and going through the proper channels. He just blurts out insanity on Twitter!

How can anyone defend this obvious irresponsibility?

This man is not fit to be in charge of anything much less the United States of America!

How could our democracy have failed so dramatically to have allowed such an insane mentally ill person to take over our country?

This isn't politics as normal people. This is total insanity, there's just no other way to describe it.

How can anyone defend this obvious irresponsibility of using Twitter to make worldwide threats about nukes out of the blue?

How can any sane person not be concerned about this?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Willum
Savant

Post #2

Post by Willum »

Because Trump is window dressing, and the nuclear arms race was just as much an illusion now as it was in the Reagan days.

Get you spun up over something that wasn't going to happen then, and won't happen now.

It's politics.

The world will go on the same as if a trained monkey were sitting in the oval office. The same as if Hillary were elected.

Besides, nuclear policy is public domain.
We want everyone to know what we will do, so anyone contemplating doing something stupid, won't.

You can "Google" US Nuclear policy, I expect you will find out more than you hope for, and a lot of wisdom you didn't expect to find.

V/R

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

Willum wrote: The world will go on the same as if a trained monkey were sitting in the oval office.
Are you suggesting that you believe the president of the USA is nothing more than an inert figurehead for display only and has no real influence on US Policies?

I would love to believe that myself. Especially now that we have an untrained monkey as president.

But clearly the president isn't the only thing that has changed. Trump is picking the heads of every important agency of the US Government. And many of them appear to be untrained monkeys as well.

Willum wrote: Besides, nuclear policy is public domain.
We want everyone to know what we will do, so anyone contemplating doing something stupid, won't.

You can "Google" US Nuclear policy, I expect you will find out more than you hope for, and a lot of wisdom you didn't expect to find.
Well our new untrained monkey of a president just publicly invited any random country to have a nuclear arms race with the USA. This may not qualify as "official US Policy", but the problem is that foreign countries may not realize this. They may simply see our untrained monkey inviting them into a nuclear arms race and take him for his word.

In the meantime, whilst you are reading info from Google searches they are arming ballistic missiles with nukes aimed at YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!

Placing an untrained monkey in the Oval Office may have more consequences than you realize. Also, doesn't he have a BUTTON he can push there to launch nukes without having to ask anyone for their permission?

I don't think that's a good place to let an untrained monkey play.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm just a little worried about this.
[center]Image
[/center]

Willum
Savant

Post #4

Post by Willum »

[Replying to Divine Insight]
There, there, don't be scared...

No, what I am saying is his job is to cause exasperation.

In a few years Trump will be hailed as a second Reagan. As would anyone occupying the office.
Folks are trying to recycle the dread of nuclear Armageddon, all it is is something to replace the bugbear of terrorism with the bugbear of nukes by sad unimaginative people.

Trump is a symptom, not a disease.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

Willum wrote: Trump is a symptom, not a disease.
I think he's both.

I agree that Trump himself is just a symptom of a much larger disease. The much larger disease appears to be a massive stupidity that has spread across America like a cancer. And Republicans seem to be the most vulnerable to contracting this disease.

Also if Trump is a symptom of this disease then the disease is spreading into the oval office.

This would be akin to your doctor telling you that you are exhibiting the symptoms of cancer. That alone might not be too alarming to you. But if your doctor then informs you that your cancer symptoms are moving rapidly toward taking over your brain, you might have cause for concern at that point.

If Trump is the symptom and he's heading into the Oval Office, then the Oval Office will soon be exhibiting signs of Mr. Symptom too.
[center]Image
[/center]

Willum
Savant

Post #6

Post by Willum »

[Replying to Divine Insight]

I think so:
The disease, of which he is a festering part, that has supporters, is:

The media gives you two choices:
Democrat/Republican...
Global change due to CO2...
Black injustice or racial integrity...
Issue du jour, with two artificial sides...

and they are both wrong.

Just imagine if Fox had spoken about some random non-idiot or non-criminal for Presidency. We'd have non=party candidate.

But they did not. It was either Tweedledum or Tweadleweak.

TH White said something I think you'd appreciate, it rather reminds me of yourself:

He said that the world has about 100 kinds of people.
90 sheep, who follow nine knaves up to no good, and one who knows it's pointless to fight the knaves and save the sheep, because they'll have the sheep trample you to death.

catnip
Guru

Re: USA Nuclear Policy on Twitter?

Post #7

Post by catnip »

Divine Insight wrote: Donald Trump isn't even the official president of the United States yet and he's already tweeting to the world that he's preparing for an arms race until the rest of the world comes it its sense regarding nukes!

"The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes" - Donald Trump

This is deadly serious folks. Americans have just elected an absolute lunatic as commander-in-chief of the United States Nuclear Arsenal!

Just as predicted, this totally unfit idiot is "tweeting" nuclear threats to the rest of the world and he hasn't even been officially inaugurated as president yet. He can hardly wait to get his finger on the nuclear button and start using it to threaten other countries to come to their senses? :shock:

I don't care who supports this maniac, the USA has just been taken over by an absolute madman who is clearly unfit for the job.

Obama certainly made that call right!

We are about to go from having a previously intelligent human being as president to having an absolute idiot that most likely has serious psychological mental illness as well.

I don't care who supports Trump, this is crazy! He's not even in the office yet and he's talking about using nuclear threats until the rest of the world come to their senses?

Sorry folks, but Donald Trump is the one who has no sense at all. None whatsoever!

This is absolute insanity.

Even if a president wanted to make some statement about nuclear policy changes you don't do it using twitter threatening the rest of the world to come to their senses.

This is insane.

How can anyone support this madman? He's going to provoke a nuclear war Through Twitter no less!

He doesn't even bother sitting down with security advisors and going through the proper channels. He just blurts out insanity on Twitter!

How can anyone defend this obvious irresponsibility?

This man is not fit to be in charge of anything much less the United States of America!

How could our democracy have failed so dramatically to have allowed such an insane mentally ill person to take over our country?

This isn't politics as normal people. This is total insanity, there's just no other way to describe it.

How can anyone defend this obvious irresponsibility of using Twitter to make worldwide threats about nukes out of the blue?

How can any sane person not be concerned about this?
Absolutely! I am so glad that someone else comprehends the seriousness of this reopening of the Cold War! And sees the danger in what this man has said. This is utter insanity! Why the Republicans are taking it laying down when it was their own great presidents that negotiated reductions in nuclear arms and brought about the end of the cold war--I can not imagine! We don't' need more nukes and the neither does Putin.

And tweeting it to the world!!! Oh, wow! Should we take him at his word? And not dismiss it? Yes. He also wants to refill GITMO. I think he is the sort that wants to imprison everyone who disagrees with him the way dictators do--which is something he has stated, in fact.

Willum
Savant

Post #8

Post by Willum »

[Replying to catnip]

The cold war was all lies and air in the 80s, it will be the same, but less, now.

It is just to get you all spun up over nothing.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #9

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 7 by catnip]

Ever see a magic trick? Look over here at my right hand look it's got something shiny right hand right hand. Oh gee I pulled a rabbit out of the hat with my left hand. Trumps Twitter is the shiny right hand you can't help look at.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #10

Post by Divine Insight »

DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 7 by catnip]

Ever see a magic trick? Look over here at my right hand look it's got something shiny right hand right hand. Oh gee I pulled a rabbit out of the hat with my left hand. Trumps Twitter is the shiny right hand you can't help look at.
Thus far there's no evidence that Trump will ever be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

So until we see that feat of magic he's got nothing but shiny distractions.
[center]Image
[/center]