Why is there no humor among Republicans?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Oh, I guess there are exceptions, like when Donald Trump giggled about grabbing a girls (you know what). Or when he cracked a joke in debate with Hillary: "No one has more respect for women than I do!"

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of humor out there about Trump's administration and how the Republicans are going to deal with it . . . but it's mostly laughing at them rather than laughing with them (If you discount the laughable way He manipulated and played the uptight media in the election and, to a lesser extent, how He played Americans).

But the Man in the High Chair is not laughing at the media now. He is the one who is petulant about the media asking him all kinds of questions, many of them legitimate. But that's the way it has been through history in American politics: the conservatives starting with the Tories have carried the cross of sobriety through the years, placing fearful imaginings after fearful imagining in the pathway of progress. FDR laughed at them as they claimed Social Security will break the treasury (but you'll find very few Republicans that will vote it down today).

Has humor a place somewhere in the Republican Party? Why are Sean Hannity, Gordon Liddy, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh so somber in their daily diatribes?

TheBeardedDude
Scholar

Post #11

Post by TheBeardedDude »

[Replying to post 9 by bluethread]

That is a straw man of my position. Please don't resort to such blatantly dishonest tactics if you wish for me to engage with you.