Mike Huckabee's evaluation of the Middle East.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Mike Huckabee's evaluation of the Middle East.

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Mike Huckabee just said on "Outnumbered" that the Middle east conflict stems from theological differences between the the two parties (Muslims and Jews) and not Geo-political ones.

That the confict cannot be resolved by trading land etc, but rather on settling the theological question on whether the Promise is passed on from Abraham through Isaac? Or Ishmael.

For debate, is Huckabee saying in effect, that:

-The confict is not resolvable though politics or diplomacy?

-The conflict is not resolvable in this world, in this life until "Jesus comes back"?

-The conflict is not resolvable unless both Muslims and Jews convert and become Christians?

Is Huckabee's view on this matter a dangerous, Evangelical apocalyptic one?*

------

(*Disclaimer....Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Mike Huckabee, and as I watched I was thinking he would have been a very good President....until I heard this. His views on the Middle East scares me, and this coming from someone who also supports Israel!)
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Kenisaw
Guru

Re: Mike Huckabee's evaluation of the Middle East.

Post #2

Post by Kenisaw »

Elijah John wrote: Mike Huckabee just said on "Outnumbered" that the Middle east conflict stems from theological differences between the the two parties (Muslims and Jews) and not Geo-political ones.

That the confict cannot be resolved by trading land etc, but rather on settling the theological question on whether the Promise is passed on from Abraham through Isaac? Or Ishmael.

For debate, is Huckabee saying in effect, that:

-The confict is not resolvable though politics or diplomacy?

-The conflict is not resolvable in this world, in this life until "Jesus comes back"?

-The conflict is not resolvable unless both Muslims and Jews convert and become Christians?

Is Huckabee's view on this matter a dangerous, Evangelical apocalyptic one?*

------

(*Disclaimer....Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Mike Huckabee, and as I watched I was thinking he would have been a very good President....until I heard this. His views on the Middle East scares me, and this coming from someone who also supports Israel!)
Some of the people running for president this last cycle do, in my opinion, harbor some kind of end of times hope. I'm serious when I write that unfortunately.

The main problem with the Middle East is that the West ( most notably Great Britain) split up the Ottoman Empire into different countries without any common sense at all. Instead of looking at political and ethnic lines, they just made up boundaries and said "there you go". It made people minorities within countries (the Kurds are one such example) who have been taken advantage of ever since.

What Huckabee and the other apocalyptic evangelical politicians want is either a religious showdown or a mass conversation to their particular flavor of god, instead of fixing the problems (or at least tempering them).

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Mike Huckabee's evaluation of the Middle East.

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

Elijah John wrote: Mike Huckabee just said on "Outnumbered" that the Middle east conflict stems from theological differences between the the two parties (Muslims and Jews) and not Geo-political ones.

I didn't see Huckabee's views. However, I would agree with his conclusion that the crux of the problem does indeed stem from divergent religious beliefs.
Elijah John wrote: Is Huckabee's view on this matter a dangerous, Evangelical apocalyptic one?*
I would say that it's these religious beliefs that are dangerous. I seriously doubt that it's practical to expect to convert Muslims to Christians or vice versa.

A far more realistic approach would be to get the masses to realize that these religions have no rational basis to begin with. I realize that this itself appears to be an impossible task, and may well be, which makes these religions all the more dangerous.

As far as I can see the only solution to this problem is to get through to the religious leaders that these religions simply have no merit and that they need to start teaching the masses that these religions aren't worth believing in.

Unfortunately our educational institutions, and even our governments give these religions total respect.

So Huckabee may be right. Short of addressing the absurdities of these religions there is no other solution possible.

I not only agree with this, but I have been suggesting this for years. :D

Of course, I'm sure that Huckabee would prefer for everyone to convert to Christianity, but that's extremely unrealistic. That's never going to work.

The best hope for humanity as a whole is for these absurd religious beliefs to be recognized as nothing more than ancient superstitious myths and rumors. That's the REAL SOLUTION to this problem.

Whether humanity as a whole is mature enough to wake up to this fact is a separate question entirely. Currently it doesn't appear that humanity is mature enough yet. Humans may end up killing off life on earth in the name of their fictitious Gods.

In fact there are many religious people who are working diligently toward that goal.

There are many Christians who are pushing hard to rebuild the Temple and push to make the prophesy of the battle of Armageddon come to pass. So these religions could end up being "self-fulfilling prophesy". They'll end up having their grand religious battle, but their fictitious God will not show up in the aftermath.

So yes, these fake religions are extremely dangerous for humanity to be sure. And this is why Atheists are fed up with the whole religious thing.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

jgh7

Post #4

Post by jgh7 »

Based solely on what you posted, I don't see where Christianity is suggested by Huckabee. Although he is a Christian, the topic of the promise is one that can be debated without consideration of the New Testament at all. He may have just been making an observation about an OT/Quran discrepancy.

Monta
Guru

Post #5

Post by Monta »

jgh7 wrote: Based solely on what you posted, I don't see where Christianity is suggested by Huckabee. Although he is a Christian, the topic of the promise is one that can be debated without consideration of the New Testament at all. He may have just been making an observation about an OT/Quran discrepancy.
I am equally confused.