Moderator: Moderators

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

The Face of Right Wing Reason

Post #1

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

AP June 8, 2017, 8:54 AM
Sandy Hook shooting conspiracy theorist sentenced for threat

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- A Florida woman pleaded guilty and was sent to prison Wednesday for threatening a man whose 6-year-old son was killed in the 2012 mass shooting at a Connecticut school, which she contended was a hoax.

Senior U.S. District Judge James Cohn sentenced Lucy Richards, 57, to five months in prison, followed by five months of home detention. She pleaded guilty to interstate transmission of a threat to injure in communications with Lenny Pozner, the father of Noah Pozner, who died in the Sandy Hook school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Investigators say Richards made four voicemail and email threats to Pozner on Jan. 10, 2016, after viewing internet sites claiming the shooting was a hoax aimed at curtailing Americans' Second Amendment gun ownership rights. The messages said things such as "you gonna die, death is coming to you real soon" and "LOOK BEHIND YOU IT IS DEATH."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sandy-hook- ... ed-threat/
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Re: The Face of Right Wing Reason

Post #2

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 1 by Tired of the Nonsense]

Hardly should this be considered the face of right wing reason. Maybe the "alt right" which has continued to distance itself from the Republican Party and the right in general. This is no more the face of right wing reason than Bin Laden is the face of Islamic reason.

I feel engaging in such stereotyping is in no way constructive. What exactly are you trying to achieve anyways? If anyone cared to google the name of JP Cusick the one who suggested removing the first amendment would find that he ran for government office as a democrat. Does that mean all democrats share his views?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #3

DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Tired of the Nonsense]

Hardly should this be considered the face of right wing reason. Maybe the "alt right" which has continued to distance itself from the Republican Party and the right in general. This is no more the face of right wing reason than Bin Laden is the face of Islamic reason.

I feel engaging in such stereotyping is in no way constructive. What exactly are you trying to achieve anyways? If anyone cared to google the name of JP Cusick the one who suggested removing the first amendment would find that he ran for government office as a democrat. Does that mean all democrats share his views?
Perhaps THIS is the face of right wing reason then. This is the guy who shot up a pizza parlor because he heard on right wing talk radio that the basement contained children used in a sex ring run by Hillary and Obama. But I do admit that all these incredibly stupid conspiracy people begin to look alike to me at some point.

Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #4

Tired of the Nonsense wrote:

Perhaps THIS is the face of right wing reason then. This is the guy who shot up a pizza parlor because he heard on right wing talk radio that the basement contained children used in a sex ring run by Hillary and Obama. But I do admit that all these incredibly stupid conspiracy people begin to look alike to me at some point.

He heard from an alt right news radio, Alex Jones if I am not mistaken. You are talking about a white nationalist group trying to co opt "right wing" politics to make their lunacy seem more PC there are a lot of them but they are still a tiny minority. Again we don't put Bin Laden as the face of Islam.
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #5

DanieltheDragon wrote:

He heard from an alt right news radio, Alex Jones if I am not mistaken. You are talking about a white nationalist group trying to co opt "right wing" politics to make their lunacy seem more PC there are a lot of them but they are still a tiny minority. Again we don't put Bin Laden as the face of Islam.
I don't listen to right wing radio. I have never listened to Alex Jones. I have seen a little Glenn Beck in the past, and I have heard Rush Limbaugh. You will have to explain to me the different levels of right-wing conspiracy nut jobs, because their nonsense all sounds the same to me. And their audience seems to be made up of people like those I have pictured.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #6

Post by Kenisaw »

It's no different than the alt-left gals on college campuses these days that wear burkas...in support of women's rights.

There's enough crazy to go around.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #7

[Replying to post 5 by Tired of the Nonsense]

Alex Jones believes in aliens and conspiracy theories(Think Trump), Rush Limbaugh is a hold over from the southern strategy so just an old school racist but not a crazy person who is going to shoot up a pizza place he just wants to go back to segregation etc. , Glenn Beck is more of a moral majority Christian right with a Mormon flair.

While these 3 teach millions they are reaching distinctly different wings. Even then if you combined all their viewers it's not a majority.

Paul Ryan, Boehner, Steele, Romney are more mainline.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #8

DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 5 by Tired of the Nonsense]

Alex Jones believes in aliens and conspiracy theories(Think Trump), Rush Limbaugh is a hold over from the southern strategy so just an old school racist but not a crazy person who is going to shoot up a pizza place he just wants to go back to segregation etc. , Glenn Beck is more of a moral majority Christian right with a Mormon flair.

While these 3 teach millions they are reaching distinctly different wings. Even then if you combined all their viewers it's not a majority.

Ryan, Boehner, Steele and Romney are mainline Republicans. How are they any different from Limbaugh? By which I mean hateful and racist. Because mainline Republicans are invariably deeply racist. I say that from a confidant position based on the fact that every Republican I have ever met in my life was a racist deep inside. Because, being white myself, white racists feel comfortable spewing out their racist views to other white people. Which is why I have little toleration for right wing Republicanism. And the "southern strategy" has always been to marginalize non white races.

There are two things that consistently drive right wing thinking, religion and racism. And I have little toleration for either. If you feel that you can justify racism, please feel free to try. I have always judged people as individuals.

bluethread
Savant

Post #9

Post by bluethread »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
Oh, you mean those people that the mainline left say want to kill babies and let granny die, while the mainstream left pushes for legislation to legalize the government financing the killing of babies and letting granny die?

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #10

bluethread wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
Oh, you mean those people that the mainline left say want to kill babies and let granny die, while the mainstream left pushes for legislation to legalize the government financing the killing of babies and letting granny die?
I understand the reference to abortion. But in what way does "letting granny die" sound to you like a liberal position?