Republican tribalism? Is there a place for moderates?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Republican tribalism? Is there a place for moderates?

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

I love my Sirius radio. The hundreds of channels available and more importantly glorious talk radio. While I'm sitting in the pickup lane for my kid as he is released from school I enjoy sitting back and listening to political talk radio.

A rather nasty trend I have been noticing is how dramatically different conservative talk radio has become. There has always been tribalism in politics whether your democrat or republican. Usually ire is directed at the other tribe. Trump has changed things. A schism if you will has formed. Instead of railing against the other tribe. Conservatives are railing against each other. What used to be a simmering distaste for the less fervent conservatives. Has turned into unadulterated ire.

The Roy Moore situation couldn't be more revealing. You have the Hannity's and Wilko's vilifying Mitch McConnel because McConnel wants a pedophile to step out of the race. Now it's not just the "libs" they are now railing against "mainstream republicans" often calling them things like the "republican wing of the Democratic Party". People like Michael Steele and Joe Scarborough are the enemy never mind that one was the head of the RNC and the other was a republican senator.

Has the extremist wing of the Republican Party taken over completely?

Is there room for moderate republicans in the New Republican Party?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Republican tribalism? Is there a place for moderates?

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

DanieltheDragon wrote: Has the extremist wing of the Republican Party taken over completely?
It's certainly beginning to appear to be that way. And it's not just the alt-right extremists. Apparently Christian fundamentalists are climbing on board as well. At least in Alabama.

I watched a news show where the panel was suggesting that these sexual allegations coming out are good for bringing awareness of sexual abuse in America. But is that really true? I need to ask because I'm thinking it's only getting worse.

Donald Trump openly confessed that he grabs women by their crotch and they let him do it because of his position of power as a celebrity. That right there is an open confession that he takes advantage of his position of power to pressure women into sexual situations. Yet he became President of the United States of America.

So what does this tell us? It tells us that it must be ok then to use a position of power to sexually assault women because that's how our president became president.

Now we have Roy Moore dating underage girls when he's over 30 an in a position of power as the DA. If he becomes a senator that is just going to signal to men that it's perfectly ok to use a position of power to rape underage girls.

The Republican party cut their own throat when they allowed Trump to become their nominee for president. Now they are stuck with having a sexual pervert as their leader. They can hardly say anything about Roy Moore at the point. So the Republicans have just opened the door wide for sexual abuse to become a totally accepted part of American culture.

This isn't helping the situation at all. In fact, all the women who are coming forward are just being tossed aside as "fake news". Both in the case of those who came out with accusations against Trump, and now those who came out with accusations against Moore.

With Trump and Moore running our government any women who might accuse a man of sexual abuse are going to become the laughing stock of America. Because according to Trump and Moore, those women are fake news.

And now the Republican Christians have climbed on-board this pervert train to hell.

Even the Christian Pastors are prepared to condemn the abused women and vindicate the perverts.

Even religion can't save the Republicans now. Apparently they are all possessed by Satan. Satanic Tribalism on the rise in Alabama. Where will it spread to next? :-k
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to DanieltheDragon]

I dont regard your language as moderate by the way.

Pedophile?

Alt right extremists says DI.

It feels like you are helping add to the animosity.

Ironically Roy Moore and Trump were democrats when they were at their most inappropriate (if true).

Edit: my wife makes me say the three best things about a person i dislike if i hate on them. Its very hard to do that hinestly and more important than ever.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

Wootah wrote: Edit: my wife makes me say the three best things about a person i dislike if i hate on them.
When it come to politics there's no need to become emotional about it. It wouldn't do any good anyway.

No need to hate Donald Trump or Roy Moore. Just recognizing that neither of them are fit for office is more than sufficient. :D
[center]Image
[/center]

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to Divine Insight]

Who is fit for office?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to Divine Insight]

Who is fit for office?
Obama certainly was.
[center]Image
[/center]

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #7

Wootah wrote: [Replying to DanieltheDragon]

I dont regard your language as moderate by the way.

Pedophile?

Alt right extremists says DI.

It feels like you are helping add to the animosity.

Ironically Roy Moore and Trump were democrats when they were at their most inappropriate (if true).

Edit: my wife makes me say the three best things about a person i dislike if i hate on them. Its very hard to do that hinestly and more important than ever.
Having a sexual encounter with a 14 year old is pedophilia no? Why does anyone feel compelled to defend him? his views are not even in line with the constitution.
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #8

Wootah wrote: [Replying to Divine Insight]

Who is fit for office?
Mike Pence, Luther Strange, Paul Ryan, Ron Paul, Jeb Bush, John McCain, Lindsey Graham. There are literally hundreds of better options than the firebrands representing the party right now.

Wootah
Savant

Post #9

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 7 by DanieltheDragon]

Is it fact? It seems awfully coincidental timing to be courageous.

It might be a sign that you arent moderate if you think i am defending him?

Consider Jesus on motes and logs in the eye.

Wootah
Savant

Post #10

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 6 by Divine Insight]

The least qualified man to be President ever?