A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Danmark
Site Supporter

A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God

Post #1

Post by Danmark »

Sara Sanders claims separating young children is just 'following the law. It is correct that illegal entry to the U.S. is a misdemeanor and criminal prosecution is legal; however, this has always been selectively enforced. Handling these cases administratively has always been the norm and is still being done selectively. Sara Sanders and this administration issued a misleading statement.

Attorney General Sessions admitted they are prosecuting and separating children from families to teach Mexicans not to 'smuggle their children into the U.S.' This is purposeful torture of innocent young children. But claims to be a 'Christian' and even smugly quoted Paul in Romans to claim God is on their side since 'God' has put Trump in power.
"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."
__ Romans 13:1

'God' has long been used by 'Christians' to justify cruelty. http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/gab_racism.htm

The cruelty of this administration goes far beyond partisan politics. Christians should be more outraged than others by the vile practices of the Trump administration, particularly since they Give God the Credit.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #21

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 13 by bluethread]
They are either sent to fend for themselves or handed over to coyotes by their parents.
...coyotes?

AgnosticBoy says
. Sure, it is a bad thing on the kids to be separated from their parents, but the act of separation itself is not necessarily immoral thing. That means it's possible for something to be moral even if it causes bad effects.
Agreed, and I'm saying this as someone whose father was removed from the home.
If anything, the parents of these immigrant children are in the wrong as well as the inadequate Government response to secure the border so that we can avoid this issue in the first place. No one should be able to "illegally" cross our borders. If it takes a wall in certain places to get that done then so be it.

Ideally, I'd like to see a conclusion that is reached by factoring points from BOTH sides of the issue.
I have watched news reports, seen interviews of people with honestly heart-wrenching stories. I can fully understand why they are doing it. They want a better life for themselves.
Thing is...is the US morally obligated to just open the borders and let the masses flood in?
I say no. No country is morally obligated. What I think has happened over the past few years is that the Wizard's Second Rule is being broken by people who have such a desire to do good, to care for their fellow man...that they honestly are not aware of the price that such out of control compassion will cost them.
Basically, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, except that here...it's not just being stamped in by feet, the road is being paved in with concrete.

Danmark says
Trump finally 'got it' that his decision to imprison children indefinitely
Indefinitely? First I've heard about it. Got a source?
This is exactly the tactic used by Adolf Hitler, playing on the fear of foreigners.
Gotta say, I'm kinda getting tired of seeing all the comparisons between Trump and Hitler. I'll start giving them even the barest shred of credibility if you can convince me there is some way for Trump to become a dictator. Last I checked, he's got a maximum of 8 years in office, and there's nothing he can do about that.
Immigrants are LESS likely to commit crimes than American citizens.
The illegal immigrants are by default already committing a crime. So any statistic here has got to keep that in mind.
This line from the article you link is false by default
But the social-science research on immigration and crime is clear: Undocumented immigrants are considerably less likely to commit crime than native-born citizens,
Replace the word undocumented with illegal, and it becomes obviously false.
I must also question why you used this link at all Danmark, given that its own charts show that illegal immigrants are more violent than legal ones. Sure, the crime rate of native citizens is something to be concerned about, but that's not the topic at hand. It looks to me to be a case of "what-about-ism".

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense