Or

"Love the stranger as thyself"

Google either and then lets let the discussion/debate begin

:study: [/url]

justme2
Apprentice

Post #2

Post by justme2 »

There has been a lot of confusion about Israel and the Nation of Israel throughout history so I intend on clearing up a bit of this.

[1]To begin with Israel was a man, not a nation.

King James Bible
And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.

[2] God selected the Israelite people to be His spokesperson on earth.

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:
(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

[3] God gives the Israelite people instruction on how to treat the stranger which in turn would create peace in the land and in so doing God would bless them for it.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.
(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow
(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

***Can anyone here provide evidence that the Israeli people have done any of the above-?***

[4] There never was a “nation� of Israel. The term is being misused, it is in fact a reference to the Israeli clan or ancestral linage of Israel’s family; not a land area. The Israeli people were Shepard’s, not nation builders

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.
(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.
(Gen 47:5 KJV) And Pharaoh spake unto Joseph, saying, Thy father [ISRAEL] and thy brethren are come unto thee:
(Gen 47:6 KJV) The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.
(Gen 47:11 KJV) And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

From the above it is clear enough; god chose them for a purpose and they were given instructions on what to do. History has shown us that they failed to follow the Lord and instead took another path. They can still avoid what is coming next, if and only if they do the following----------

Ezekiel 21:32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

I want the world Jewish community to call upon the Jewish Israeli people to ask the Lord for forgiveness and repent for their sins and proclaim the Palestinians as one of their own, children of God just as their children were/are.
Don't let your ego blind you of the truth; the truth will set you free

Am I asking too much?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

justme2 wrote: There has been a lot of confusion about Israel and the Nation of Israel throughout history so I intend on clearing up a bit of this.
As far as I can see you haven't cleared anything up. All you have done is provide proof that this religion cannot be true.
justme2 wrote: From the above it is clear enough; god chose them for a purpose and they were given instructions on what to do. History has shown us that they failed to follow the Lord and instead took another path. They can still avoid what is coming next, if and only if they do the following----------
So now you have a religion that is totally dependent upon this God being able to know the future, yet you have this God choosing the Israelites to be his spokesperson to all of humanity. A group of people that this God would know full well are not up to the task.

This pretty much proves that this entire religious paradigm is necessarily false.
justme2 wrote: I want the world Jewish community to call upon the Jewish Israeli people to ask the Lord for forgiveness and repent for their sins and proclaim the Palestinians as one of their own, children of God just as their children were/are.
Don't let your ego blind you of the truth; the truth will set you free

Am I asking too much?
Yes, you are asking an entire culture to believe that God chose them to be the spokesperson for God and that this God has made a terrible mistake in choosing them.

This not only requires that they believe that God is an idiot, but this then also requires them to believe that they are the guilty party here for supposedly having failed what this God so naively thought they would be able to do.

This requires a doubly-failed religion.

They may as well just confess that there's nothing to this religion. No omniscient God could be as inept as you require.

Now what would be reasonable is to ask them to recognize the absurdity of this religion and just treat the Palestinians as fellow humans. But then the Palestinians would need to see the absurdity of their religion as well and recognize the Israelis as being their secular brothers and sisters.

They probably aren't going to solve this problem until they both recognize that their respective religions are nonsense.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

justme2
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by justme2 »

Divine Insight wrote: Yes, you are asking an entire culture to believe that God chose them to be the spokesperson for God and that this God has made a terrible mistake in choosing them.
Yes, God chose them, gave them instructions on what they should do/follow and last but not least, God gave them the ability to chose what to do.

They chose poorly, in my view of things; how about you?

They can still save themselves by repenting and asking God for forgiveness

8-)
Last edited by justme2 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

justme2
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by justme2 »

Divine Insight wrote: Yes, you are asking an entire culture to believe that God chose them to be the spokesperson for God
I didn't say that; God did--
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

justme2 wrote:
Divine Insight wrote: Yes, you are asking an entire culture to believe that God chose them to be the spokesperson for God
I didn't say that; God did--

Excuse me, but doesn't this text come from Israelite mythology?

They claim that some God said this.

And you believe them? :-k
[center]Image
[/center]

justme2
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by justme2 »

Divine Insight wrote:Excuse me, but doesn't this text come from Israelite mythology?
I got that verse out of the KJV of the holy Bible. If you believe that the Holy Bible is Israelite mythology then I must ask why are you here-?
Divine Insight wrote:They claim that some God said this. And you believe them? :-k
I believe the Bible was written by human beings a very long time ago and although I do not believe it word for word I do believe in its intent and purpose which explains why millions of people have a bible in their home today and that bible is still being reprinted for future reading.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #8

Post by Divine Insight »

justme2 wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:Excuse me, but doesn't this text come from Israelite mythology?
I got that verse out of the KJV of the holy Bible. If you believe that the Holy Bible is Israelite mythology then I must ask why are you here-?
This is a debate website not a Bible study class. I'm here to offer reasons why the Holy Bible is indeed Israelite mythology that has no more credibility than Greek mythology.

You don't believe that Greek mythology represents any God do you? :-k
justme2 wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:They claim that some God said this. And you believe them? :-k
I believe the Bible was written by human beings a very long time ago and although I do not believe it word for word I do believe in its intent and purpose which explains why millions of people have a bible in their home today and that bible is still being reprinted for future reading.
Millions of people have the Qur'an in their homes today too. And the Qur'an is still being reprinted for future reading. Just because a religion has its dogma printed in large volumes and is able to convince people to either buy it or to hand it out freely to people doesn't make the content true.

There are many written doctrines in the far east as well concerning mystical religions that have nothing at all to say about Yahweh, Allah, Jesus, or the Israelites.

So clearly the existence of religious doctrines is not an indication of anything more than this is what various cultures have chosen to publish. So if you are impressed by religious publications I would suggest that it might be wise to rethink that approach. It's clearly not a reliable indication of anything.
[center]Image
[/center]

Avoice
Guru

Post #9

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 3 by Divine Insight]

Tell the Arabs (Palestinians) to recognize the Jewish state. And tell the Arabs in the Gaza Strip to stop firing rockets at us.

Avoice
Guru

Re: Israel/Palestine conflict

Post #10

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 1 by justme2]

yes, i could prove the Israelis have done things you listed.

Have you ever been to Israel? You want the Jews to claim the Arabs as their own? The Arabs dont even want that

You want the Jews to repent? Of what?

The Jews are chosen by God. For a reason. And they have kept their charge. If God turned their job over to Christians they would fail.