Is the support for Trump contrary to Christian values?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Danmark
Site Supporter

Is the support for Trump contrary to Christian values?

Post #1

Post by Danmark »

Does evangelical support for Trump create a crisis for Christianity?
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... cn2gnaekoQ

Are his policies and personal character consistent with Christian values?

Related to this, should a Christian who wants to bear witness for the risen Christ sell all he has, give to the poor, and follow Jesus?
Or should he or she accumulate wealth to show he is blessed by God?

koko

Re: Is the support for Trump contrary to Christian values?

Post #111

Post by koko »

True. Republicans always claim to be the party of moral values but all that is bunk. It is a power hungry hate filled cult. Remember how when they lost power in Wisconsin, the lame duck Republican legislature decided to limit the governor's authority unlike the time it was run by a Republican governor.

And now we have this.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #112

Post by Bust Nak »

koko wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:31 pm It is a power hungry hate filled cult.
:warning: Moderator Warning

This crosses the line, please don't make blanket statements against Republicans.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

koko

Post #113

Post by koko »

May I ask for some clarification?

Someone here previously used the following term in re to BLM's supporters: "These are self-righteous insufferable scolds."

In fact, I believe it was you who made that assertion. Kindly explain the difference.

I can give you many other posts which accuses BLM of violence, anarchy, even the causing of deaths. I have challenged the posters to back up their claims with proof and with indictments which specifically name BLM in all this. More often than not, my challenges are ignored and the claims endlessly repeated. Thus, BLM is repeatedly accused of criminal activity in this forum and such unconfirmed accusations are welcomed on a daily basis. The same can be said about accusations against Antifa.

Bottom line, it appears as if your standards are either not applied on a uniform basis and/or that they are totally unclear.
Uniform application of rules and a clarification it will likely help the situation.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #114

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to koko in post #113]

Moderator Clarification
Moderator hat on.

If you see an infraction, report it. Do not respond in kind.

This is my take as a moderator:

"You say things that are untrue" is fine, regardless of the accuracy of the accusation.
"You lie" crosses the line, warrant a comment at the very least, even when well justified with argument and evidence.
"You are a liar" is definitely out.

Lastly, any comment or question on moderation should be taken to private message, or "Comments, Suggestions, and Questions" sub-forum.

Moderator clarifications do not count as a strike against any posters. They serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received and/or are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels a clarification of the rules is required.

koko

Post #115

Post by koko »

^ I don't know that I even want to continue on this forum any longer. In my time here, several people have commended me for making what are genuinely good contributions to the exchange of ideas and for dispelling myths promulgated by the far right. Many of those myths would have gone unchallenged had it not been for me. Well, we'll see what happens next.

Far-right Proud Boys planned a rally in Clark Park. West Philly turned out in force to rebuke them.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/proud-boy ... 00919.html

“If these Boys come here today, they’re going to go home to their miserable lives,” she said. “But we will still have work to do.”

“It’s important to resist any anti-democratic rally,” said Catherine McCoubrey, 67, a school psychologist who lives in the neighborhood. “We want to make it clear this area is not friendly to their [Proud Boys] values.”

The Proud Boys are a self-described “Western chauvinist” organization the Southern Poverty Law Center has identified as a “general hate group.” Overwhelmingly male, the right-wing group has become prominent as Trump supporters.

A.D. held a sign that included statistics on the number of domestic terror incidents ascribed to far-right groups.

As with other postings I have made, it is FAR RIGHT groups, not Antifa or BLM who instigate so many of the troubles which are reported by the controlled right wing media or as claimed by forum right wingers. Those claims are endlessly repeated by the forum righties but they fail to produce any evidence to support their allegations. By contrast, once again I have backed up my claims with proof.

So let's turn this around just a little bit: is support for Trump in compliance with Christian values?

I challenge any and everyone to try to prove to me that all the hate and racism ("Mexicans are rapists", "Haitians and Africans are s__________e nations), exploitation of the poor with enrichment of the wealthy elites, and all the endless lies*
are, somehow, consistent with Christian, biblical values.

koko

Post #116

Post by koko »

Far right extremists support Trump. How is any of this "Christian"?

koko

Post #117

Post by koko »

trump " reporter getting hit is a beautiful sight"

https://www.google.com/search?safe=acti ... CA0&uact=5

Trump fans the fuels of social discord and police crimes against reporters who are merely doing their job. Again, I ask, how is this consistent with Christian values?

koko

Post #118

Post by koko »

There have been a number of books and articles which refer to Trump as Antichrist whose number is 666 (his home address). After all, the Bible tells us "in his own mind he shall become great" ~ Daniel 8:25 and "he shall magnify himself above all" ~ Daniel 11:37.

The haughty Trump has gone on record as calling himself "The Chosen".

Again, I ask, how can anyone call this "Christian values"?

koko

Post #119

Post by koko »

Trump says he will not concede power:

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+w ... e&ie=UTF-8

How many ballots will he discard in order to insure a "win"?

Again, I ask, how is this "Christian"?

Clownboat
Savant

Post #120

Post by Clownboat »

koko wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:52 pm Trump says he will not concede power:

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+w ... e&ie=UTF-8

How many ballots will he discard in order to insure a "win"?

Again, I ask, how is this "Christian"?
Trump 2024!!!!!!!
Sorry couldn't resist.

The Christians I run in to do support Trump. I don't think you are thinking this through clearly if you believe Christians are supporting him for Christian reasons though.

Support for the state of Israel, abortion, gun ownership and religious liberty rights. These are the reasons I notice, not because of his Christian values. The man is a ass afterall, and I assume most Christians even realize this.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb