Fox vs. CNN

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Fox vs. CNN

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

I just turned on Fox news and saw Israeli President Netanyahu praising President Trump in glowing terms. The caption on Fox was that President Trump was going to announce a new Middle East peace plan tomorrow. I switched to CNN to see if they were covering the story at all. (in the past, they haven't always done so when there was positive news to report on the president). This time they did, but the caption on CNN was negative. "Trump says he hasn't seen John Bolton's damning book", or words to that effect.

For debate, is this just the latest example of CNN's bias against President Trump? Haven't they been out to get him all along? First "RUSSIA" now "IMPEACHMENT" virtually 24/7?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Fox vs. CNN

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Elijah John wrote: The caption on Fox was that President Trump was going to announce a new Middle East peace plan tomorrow.
And you think that Trump is going to announce a meaningful Middle East peace plan?

Surely you're joking, right?

Any by the way, Trump is clearly guilty as charged by the Impeachment charges.

Why defend the man who is out to destroy American democracy?

Do you have a good reason for that?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

Elijah John wrote: I just turned on Fox news and saw Israeli President Netanyahu praising President Trump in glowing terms.
By the way, if Netanyahu is praising Trump in glowing terms it isn't likely that this so-called peace deal is going to be asking Israel to be making any concessions.

Trump's peace deal will most likely go something like this:

"The USA and Israel want peace in the Middle East, and we offer peace to anyone who wants it. Anyone resisting our offer of peace will pay for their resistance severely."

That's a typical Trump "peace deal" :roll:
[center]Image
[/center]

Menotu
Sage

Post #4

Post by Menotu »

Elijah John wrote: I just turned on Fox news and saw Israeli President Netanyahu praising President Trump in glowing terms. The caption on Fox was that President Trump was going to announce a new Middle East peace plan tomorrow. I switched to CNN to see if they were covering the story at all. (in the past, they haven't always done so when there was positive news to report on the president). This time they did, but the caption on CNN was negative. "Trump says he hasn't seen John Bolton's damning book", or words to that effect.

For debate, is this just the latest example of CNN's bias against President Trump? Haven't they been out to get him all along? First "RUSSIA" now "IMPEACHMENT" virtually 24/7?
Unfortunately, the media isn't unbiased. That said, one doesn't have to try too hard to find negative things on donny on which to report. He provides those in spades.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #5

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Elijah John wrote: I just turned on Fox news and saw Israeli President Netanyahu praising President Trump in glowing terms. The caption on Fox was that President Trump was going to announce a new Middle East peace plan tomorrow. I switched to CNN to see if they were covering the story at all. (in the past, they haven't always done so when there was positive news to report on the president). This time they did, but the caption on CNN was negative. "Trump says he hasn't seen John Bolton's damning book", or words to that effect.

CNN is definitely biased as is Fox News. CNN is on the negative side when it comes to reporting on Trump. They tend to have 4 Democrat commentators for every 1 Republican commentator.

It seems the only way to get real fair and balanced news is by watching both news channels so that you'll get both sides of an issue.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #6

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/

Make of that what you will: according to this site, CNN is closer to the center than Fox is, CNN got a MOSTLY FACTUAL rating while Fox got a MIXED rating.

For comparison, NBC got a HIGH rating while Infowars got VERY LOW when it comes to factual reporting.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #7

Post by Divine Insight »

AgnosticBoy wrote: It seems the only way to get real fair and balanced news is by watching both news channels so that you'll get both sides of an issue.
I agree that both media are biased. And I have watched both.

The problem is that Fox News tells extreme and obvious lies. You need to be completely blind to believe that they say most of the time. Trump's actions speak far louder than the words of Fox News media talk show hosts.

So what they say is clearly lies. There can be no doubt about it.

CNN on the other hand appears to be biased toward truth. And I'm not so sure that being biased toward truth is a bad thing.

This isn't to say that CNN is flawless, but at least they aren't making up lies to protect Trump when Trump is clearly doing bad things.

Let's face it, even Trump's original lawyer is sitting in jail for having done Trump's bidding. And has even confessed that Trump is a con artist and a fraud.

His own lawyer confessed to this.

His current "lawyer" Rudy is a joke and obviously just as willing to commit crimes as Trump is.

So yeah Fox News is biased alright. They are biased toward telling lies and supporting a corrupt criminal administration.

All the decent people who used to be in the Trump Administration have been kicked out by Trump. All that's left in there now are slim balls who are also willing to lie to support a criminal administration.

By the way, have you noticed that Trump's own lawyers in the Impeachment Hearings have absolutely no defense for Trump. So instead of trying to defend what they know he's guilty of all they can do is try to argue that he's above the law and that the Impeachment doesn't cover the type of criminal activity Trump is clearly carrying out.

They don't even question whether he did any of these things because they know that would be a totally useless defense. Everyone knows that Trump is guilty as charged. Even his lawyers.

Their only option is to try to pretend that his criminal activity doesn't qualify as criminal activity.:

Tell me I'm wrong? Everyone knows it's true, even his lawyers.

They haven't presented a shred of defense for him other than to try to claim that he's above the law. :roll:

Everybody knows he's guilty.
[center]Image
[/center]

Elijah John
Savant

Post #8

Post by Elijah John »

Bust Nak wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/

Make of that what you will: according to this site, CNN is closer to the center than Fox is, CNN got a MOSTLY FACTUAL rating while Fox got a MIXED rating.

For comparison, NBC got a HIGH rating while Infowars got VERY LOW when it comes to factual reporting.
Even today, President Trump announced the peace plan with Prime Minister Netanyahu, CNN barely covered it. Instead they are discussing the impeachment, and breaking away for many commercials.

I don't know about "studies" (how biased are they? ) but I know what I see. I switch frequently to see if CNN is covering anything positive about the President, hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but am more often than not disappointed they are continuing with their blantant bias against the President and his supporters.

Remember, CNN just had to settle a lawsuit because they defamed that Covington Catholic boy who was wearing a MAGA hat. They attempted to damage his reputation. CNN seems to consider a minor fair game if they are on the "wrong" side. And conversely, they celebrated the disgraced lawyer Michael Avenati before his fall because he came out strongly against the President. One CNN pundit even supported his run for President, which never got off the ground.

So in CNN's bubble it seems that if one supports the President that person is a target. If one is against the President, that person is celebrated even if that person turns out to be despicable and an embarrassment.

Yes, I realize Fox leans to the right, but CNN leans way over to the Left. Not even a contest. CNN still has no clue why Hillary Clinton actually lost. They are out of touch. Even Democrat Andrew Yang understands why President Trump won, and it had nothing to do with "Russia" or "racism". Unfortunately, Mr. Yang is not doing well in a party which has gone so far to the Left that even President Obama sometimes warns them to be more moderate.

-YHVH is LORD

Elijah John
Savant

Post #9

Post by Elijah John »

[Replying to post 8 by Elijah John]

Jus tuned into CNN after the White House defense team wrapped up their testimony, and I gotta say, CNN has been fair in their evaluation so far. They said in effect the defense was very effective and doubt very much the President will be removed.

-YHVH is LORD

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #10

Post by Divine Insight »

Elijah John wrote: They said in effect the defense was very effective and doubt very much the President will be removed.
Effective in what? Keeping the spinless republicans in line for a total dismissal of the charges rather than looking at the evidence truthfully?

Yep, they no doubt were effective in keeping the impeachment trial in the senate a total sham. I don't think anyone expects the republicans to change their ways at this point.

By the way, have you been watching as things unfold with the middle east "peace deal". So far it's been all about Trump kissing the behind of Israel while doing nothing more than making the Palestinians angry. That's a peace deal? I don't think so.

Jared Kushner even said that they "expect" that the Palestinians will "blow it" by refusing to accept it.

Some peace deal that is. :roll:

How can you even suggest that this Trump administrating is doing anything other than just throwing its weight around and accusing everyone who doesn't bow down and worship Trump as being the ones who aren't accepting the terms.

This is an insult to the USA, the world, and all of humanity for that matter.

Trump is just being the bully he's always been. Nothing new there.

Getting Israel to agree to spit in the face of the Palestinians is hardly progress, they've always been willing to do that.

If the Palestinians aren't happy with this so-called "peace deal" then there is no peace deal.

What I don't understand is how anyone can support this nonsense?

You're going to defend Trump like as if he's actually doing something?

Unless it results in an actual peace deal, then it was nothing more than empty hot air. Probably specifically crafted to purposefully insult the Palestinians. And then they're going to point the finger at the Palestinians as being the ones who refuse to accept the peace deal.

Precisely as I had predicted.

Any idiot can insult their enemies and claim that it's the enemy who is rejecting peace. And that's exactly what we have going on here. No wonder the other networks aren't covering this. They can see that it's nothing other than a cheap shot to try to blame the failure of the peace deal on the Palestinians.
[center]Image
[/center]