Go ahead Dems, run on that...

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Go ahead Dems, run on that...

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Last night during the State of the Union address Nancy Pelosi and many Democrats sat on their hands when President Trump called for respect for the police and law enforcement including I.C.E.

Is this a winning issue for Democrats? Do the majority of Americans disrespect the police and want to abolish the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency?

I guess time (and the upcoming election) will tell, but are the Democrats out of touch with the average American?

Or by sitting on their hands on many topics during the address, have the Democrats given the RNC plenty of footage to use against them in campaign ads in the next election?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #11

Post by Divine Insight »

@Elijah John,

Why fall for the tribal warfare scam? That's exactly what Trump is hoping for.

This isn't about Dems versus Repubs.

Donald Trump has stolen the Republican party from the Republicans and has turned politics into a tool for division. Unfortunately he appears to be succeeding into convincing many people to fall for his scam.

Why are you opposed to a free democracy?

Why do you support placing Donald Trump and police above the law?

Why do you support Republican senators who are so cowardly all they can do is help to hide Donald Trump's crimes?

What left of the "Republican Party" are nothing more than puppets who are so afraid of Trump they can't even stand up for justice and truth anymore. Instead they have all fallen victim to his tribal warfare spell.

Hopefully we haven't lost America to this insane tribalism.

Unfortunately being a two-party system our only choice in November will be to vote for whoever the Democratic Candidate is. That doesn't mean that we are supporting what that Candidate necessarily stands for. There will be plenty of time to discuss policies later.

But Trump has to go. He's a disgrace to America. He's a disgrace to the world. In fact, he's even a disgrace to humanity in general.

Why do you support this obviously immoral buffoon?

He certainly doesn't stand for anything Jesus would support. I thought you supported Jesus? How can you support Trump over Jesus? Trump is about as anti-Christ as a person can be.

Surely you can't argue with that? To argue with that would require that you demand that Jesus was just as bad as Trump.

I don't understand how anyone who claims to revere Jesus could support Trump.

And yes, I know a lot of evangelicals do support Trump. But let's face, all they are doing is revealing their hypocrisy. Jesus would not support Trump. To the contrary he would be far more likely to put Trump in the same camp with the Pharisees. In fact, I'd be totally comfortable to bet my soul on it.

If Jesus were alive today he would be speaking out against Trump in the same way he spoke out against the pharisees in his day. Let there be no doubt about that.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #12

Post by Bust Nak »

Divine Insight wrote: And yes, I know a lot of evangelicals do support Trump. But let's face, all they are doing is revealing their hypocrisy. Jesus would not support Trump...
You are missing a vital point - Trump's antics in the Middle East is taking us closer to fulfilling Biblical prophecy re: the Rapture, the End Times and the Second Coming.