President Trump's aquittal

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

President Trump's aquittal

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

In light of the fact that President Trump has been found "not guilty" by the Senate, now will the Democrats stop wasting the taxpayers time and money by endless investigations and persecution of the President?

Yes, for debate you may challenge the assumption of the question on whether or not the investigations of the last 3 years or so have been a waste.

Secondary question, are the American people getting sick of all the hearings and investigations? Who will this failed impeachment attempt help? Who will it hurt?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #11

Post by AgnosticBoy »

I think both the Republicans and Democrats have lost it. Both parties are too extreme. Even the mainstream media is either too anti- or pro-trump. The independent voters will decide the 2020 election.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by Purple Knight »

Bust Nak wrote:A crazy narcissist unfit for the office is still 100000x better than someone qualify for the job but does not share your political views on economic, immigration and abortion stance?
A good question.

This is a question about whether someone ought to vote for the person with personality flaws and the correct policies over someone more stable with what the voter perceives to be wrong policies.

Would you personally vote for a narcissist if they carried out liberal policies? Or would you say that choosing a conservative would be better, even if their policies included detaining people at the border rather than letting them in?

I would hope you would vote against bad policies that hurt people and would overlook a candidate's instability and personality flaws if it didn't interfere with them being true to their policies.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Athetotheist »

Purple Knight wrote:
Bust Nak wrote:A crazy narcissist unfit for the office is still 100000x better than someone qualify for the job but does not share your political views on economic, immigration and abortion stance?
A good question.

This is a question about whether someone ought to vote for the person with personality flaws and the correct policies over someone more stable with what the voter perceives to be wrong policies.

Would you personally vote for a narcissist if they carried out liberal policies? Or would you say that choosing a conservative would be better, even if their policies included detaining people at the border rather than letting them in?

I would hope you would vote against bad policies that hurt people and would overlook a candidate's instability and personality flaws if it didn't interfere with them being true to their policies.
I do believe in voting against bad policies that hurt people, which is why I believe in voting against policies which lead to things like this:

https://www.brookings.edu/research/the- ... on-policy/

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #14

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 12 by Purple Knight]

That would be a easy choice to make if policies can be disassociated with the personality flaws of the guy in charge, but things don't work out that way. A crazy narcissist unfit for the office would bend policies to suit his own needs at the expense of the country while espousing liberalism. You see this with Trump, has he reversed Roe v Wade? Has he revived coal jobs? Is the wall anything other than a vanity project?

Gracchus
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Gracchus »

[Replying to post 11 by AgnosticBoy]
The "centrists" huddle and muddle in the middle as their ranks dwindle away to the extremes, folks who may not agree on how to change things but know that they must change. The left has compromised so far to the right that presidents can wage war without a declaration by congress and bribes can be openly offered by corporations and accepted by politicians.
The sheep are bleating and the extremes are siding either with the sheep dogs or the wolves.
Choose the lying, lecherous, cheating, vindictive, spiteful ... (And just from that much you know whom I mean!) And just imagine that he will lead you into the kingdom of heaven. We must be practical. Ideals won't work. We can follow Jesus tomorrow. Today we must protect our sacred way of life.

:tongue:

WinePusher
Scholar

Post #16

Post by WinePusher »

Athetotheist wrote:
WinePusher wrote:I’m still a free market conservative and I think trump is probably not fit for the office of president and has done and said a lot of messed up stuff since the day he declared his candidacy. He is by any objective standard a crazy narcissist. But here’s the thing DI, your side is 100000x worse and you guys keep losing. Trump keeps destroying and humiliating you and your idols like Nancy Pelosi and CNN. You will lose the 2020 election and you will keep losing and Trump will keep winning, and it’s hilarious seeing you liberals lose so badly over and over and over! Why support Trump? Because he keeps beating you. The state of the union is a prime example of why I love trump. He’s up there promoting a free market, pro life, anti immigration agenda and you have to just sit there and take it cause you literally can’t do anything about it. LOL.
In 2018, Trump went out campaigning for his fellow Republicans who were running to keep control of the House.

The Republicans lost control of the House.

So don't be so sure that people in favor of Medicare for all, free college tuition, increasing taxes on the rich, stopping endless wars, reuniting caged immigrant children with their families and protecting the environment can't do anything....
I don't doubt that there are ill informed masses out there who want free college and free healthcare and want successful hard working people to pay for all their free stuff. Thankfully, I was never raised in such a way and paid my way through college. The point is that Trump, under normal circumstances, would never have been elected President. But we are not live under normal circumstances, we are living with an insane democratic party that believes that gender is fluid and that people can sexually identify as a rock.

That's just the tip of the iceberg! So people like me, people who can objectively evaluate Trump for what he actually is (a crazy person with a whole host of insecurities who can barely speak coherent sentences), are pushed into his arms because we are sickened by democrats.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by Athetotheist »

WinePusher wrote:
Athetotheist wrote:
WinePusher wrote:I’m still a free market conservative and I think trump is probably not fit for the office of president and has done and said a lot of messed up stuff since the day he declared his candidacy. He is by any objective standard a crazy narcissist. But here’s the thing DI, your side is 100000x worse and you guys keep losing. Trump keeps destroying and humiliating you and your idols like Nancy Pelosi and CNN. You will lose the 2020 election and you will keep losing and Trump will keep winning, and it’s hilarious seeing you liberals lose so badly over and over and over! Why support Trump? Because he keeps beating you. The state of the union is a prime example of why I love trump. He’s up there promoting a free market, pro life, anti immigration agenda and you have to just sit there and take it cause you literally can’t do anything about it. LOL.
In 2018, Trump went out campaigning for his fellow Republicans who were running to keep control of the House.

The Republicans lost control of the House.

So don't be so sure that people in favor of Medicare for all, free college tuition, increasing taxes on the rich, stopping endless wars, reuniting caged immigrant children with their families and protecting the environment can't do anything....
I don't doubt that there are ill informed masses out there who want free college and free healthcare and want successful hard working people to pay for all their free stuff. Thankfully, I was never raised in such a way and paid my way through college. The point is that Trump, under normal circumstances, would never have been elected President. But we are not live under normal circumstances, we are living with an insane democratic party that believes that gender is fluid and that people can sexually identify as a rock.

That's just the tip of the iceberg! So people like me, people who can objectively evaluate Trump for what he actually is (a crazy person with a whole host of insecurities who can barely speak coherent sentences), are pushed into his arms because we are sickened by democrats.
People don't want those things for "free"; they believe that taxes should pay for things ordinary people need and not be siphoned off to pay for the health care of politicians, big business bailouts and endless wars.

As for being "insane", there's nothing more insane than the notion that air is unhealthy to breathe if it's "too clean" or that wind turbines cause cancer. And people who don't identify with their biological gender don't identify as a rock; they're tired of having to live under a rock for fear of persecution.

Anyone sickened by either of the two major parties should be sickened by both, and want to break the stranglehold they have long had on our political process.