President Trump's aquittal

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

President Trump's aquittal

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

In light of the fact that President Trump has been found "not guilty" by the Senate, now will the Democrats stop wasting the taxpayers time and money by endless investigations and persecution of the President?

Yes, for debate you may challenge the assumption of the question on whether or not the investigations of the last 3 years or so have been a waste.

Secondary question, are the American people getting sick of all the hearings and investigations? Who will this failed impeachment attempt help? Who will it hurt?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Everyone in the world knows that Donald Trump is guilty as charged.

Even his very own lawyers confessed to this and simply argued that it doesn't rise to a level of impeachment, which was itself a bogus argument.

Mitt Romney was the only Republican willing to face the truth.

Why are you supporting this criminal president?

Why are you also pouring more gasoline on tribal warfare?

What's the point to this?

This isn't about Republicans versus Democrats. Mitt Romney is proof of that much.

Are you hoping for another American Civil War?

If this tribalism continues it won't be Republicans versus Democrats. It's basically going to be those who support the immoral activities of Donald J. Trump versus Americans who actually stand up for truth, justice, and a Respectful USA.

Why support Trump's immoral and illegal actions? What's to be gained by that?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by 2Dbunk »

Divine Insight wrote: Everyone in the world knows that Donald Trump is guilty as charged.

Even his very own lawyers confessed to this and simply argued that it doesn't rise to a level of impeachment, which was itself a bogus argument.

This isn't about Republicans versus Democrats. Mitt Romney is proof of that much.

If this tribalism continues it won't be Republicans versus Democrats. It's basically going to be those who support the immoral activities of Donald J. Trump versus Americans who actually stand up for truth, justice, and a Respectful USA.

It is obvious that EJ doesn't remember the endless hearings the Republicans held on Benghazi or the grossly expanded "White Water" investigations of Ken Starr -- both finding nothing in their subject investigations.

It appears American democracy is dead if all we can do is pick one another apart instead of correcting short comings. Maybe a way out of this morass of grid-lock is for America to consider the parliamentary system of democracy which would put an end to the tribal warfare
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Bust Nak
Savant

Re: President Trump's aquittal

Post #4

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

I am thinking they should impeach Trump again for retaliating against those who testified against him.

pleinmont
Student

Post #5

Post by pleinmont »

Trump's impeachment trial was not conducted properly, no evidence of which there was plenty, was heard. Trump was guilty as charged, his acquittal was a travesty of justice, in my opinion.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #6

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Elijah John wrote: In light of the fact that President Trump has been found "not guilty" by the Senate, now will the Democrats stop wasting the taxpayers time and money by endless investigations and persecution of the President?
I believe this will depend on which Democrat leader you talk to. Those who have been wanting to impeach Trump, and even before the investigations started, will most likely have no problem continuing endless investigations. The only thing that can stop this is if the Republicans become the majority in Congress.
Elijah John wrote:Yes, for debate you may challenge the assumption of the question on whether or not the investigations of the last 3 years or so have been a waste.
I don't believe that it's ever wrong to investigate an allegation of wrongdoing. But I think waste comes in when the size or scope of the investigation gets blown out of proportion. For instance, if the FBI weren't going to charge Trump with anything following the Russia investigation, why did Congress feel a need to have further investigations and hearings, esp. in public? They didn't even use the Russia investigation as a charge for Trump's impeachment showing that the FBI's conclusion should've been left at that.

Oh, and don't bring up the topic of Justice Kavanaugh. That to me demonstrated a BIG waste of time. Kavanaugh was accused of sexual assault based on a FLIMSY accusation. Yet, the Congress wanted to make a big hearing out of it and that was a complete waste of time.
Elijah John wrote:Secondary question, are the American people getting sick of all the hearings and investigations? Who will this failed impeachment attempt help? Who will it hurt?
I am not against investigations when there is a report of wrongdoing, assuming the person making the report is credible. What I am getting sick and tired of are these investigations being blown out of proportion. It seems every investigation is being handled as an "impeachment offense" (as they said with Russia investigation and they did not impeach on it!) so then it is made into public hearings, trials, and impeachments. The Ukrainian impeachment inquiry should've never rose to the level that it did unless you have all of the information from witnesses with firsthand knowledge, like John Bolton. If that relevant information shows an "impeachable offense", then you can act on it accordingly.

Wootah
Savant

Post #7

Post by Wootah »

Elijah John wrote: In light of the fact that President Trump has been found "not guilty" by the Senate, now will the Democrats stop wasting the taxpayers time and money by endless investigations and persecution of the President?

Yes, for debate you may challenge the assumption of the question on whether or not the investigations of the last 3 years or so have been a waste.

Secondary question, are the American people getting sick of all the hearings and investigations? Who will this failed impeachment attempt help? Who will it hurt?
The sad part is that both parties are happy. They have their base motivated, they have donations pouring in. This is a win win for the deep state who controls the show. The comments above show how religious we all are. Not my president is really not my messiah. Ergo if you say not my presdient you want a messiah.

It really is bread and circuses.

We are in such a ridiculously rich time in history, a monkey could be president and we would be ok and i mean that non insultingly.

The state is a tool or a weapon and we all want to pont it at each other.

But in fairness to everyone we can't get rid of it. We are in the prisoners dilemma worried that if we don't shoot the gun at the other the other will do it to us. Stop feeding it, the beast only cares to eat, the petty reasons we invent for why we use the state to kill each other matter not to the beast.

Edit: small government and never trust it.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

WinePusher
Scholar

Post #8

Post by WinePusher »

Divine Insight wrote: Everyone in the world knows that Donald Trump is guilty as charged.

Oh wow. It’s been a couple years since I’ve been here. Nice to see all the usual suspects still at it.

I’m still a free market conservative and I think trump is probably not fit for the office of president and has done and said a lot of messed up stuff since the day he declared his candidacy. He is by any objective standard a crazy narcissist. But here’s the thing DI, your side is 100000x worse and you guys keep losing. Trump keeps destroying and humiliating you and your idols like Nancy Pelosi and CNN. You will lose the 2020 election and you will keep losing and Trump will keep winning, and it’s hilarious seeing you liberals lose so badly over and over and over! Why support Trump? Because he keeps beating you. The state of the union is a prime example of why I love trump. He’s up there promoting a free market, pro life, anti immigration agenda and you have to just sit there and take it cause you literally can’t do anything about it. LOL.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Athetotheist »

WinePusher wrote:I’m still a free market conservative and I think trump is probably not fit for the office of president and has done and said a lot of messed up stuff since the day he declared his candidacy. He is by any objective standard a crazy narcissist. But here’s the thing DI, your side is 100000x worse and you guys keep losing. Trump keeps destroying and humiliating you and your idols like Nancy Pelosi and CNN. You will lose the 2020 election and you will keep losing and Trump will keep winning, and it’s hilarious seeing you liberals lose so badly over and over and over! Why support Trump? Because he keeps beating you. The state of the union is a prime example of why I love trump. He’s up there promoting a free market, pro life, anti immigration agenda and you have to just sit there and take it cause you literally can’t do anything about it. LOL.
In 2018, Trump went out campaigning for his fellow Republicans who were running to keep control of the House.

The Republicans lost control of the House.

So don't be so sure that people in favor of Medicare for all, free college tuition, increasing taxes on the rich, stopping endless wars, reuniting caged immigrant children with their families and protecting the environment can't do anything....

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #10

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 8 by WinePusher]

A crazy narcissist unfit for the office is still 100000x better than someone qualify for the job but does not share your political views on economic, immigration and abortion stance?