Today's Left wing Democrat party.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Today's Left wing Democrat party.

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Even former President Obama and Bill Clinton campaign advisor James Carville are critical of today's Democrat party. Obama warning against the "cancel culture" of the Left, and Carville expressing dismay at such notions as Democrat advocacy for voting rights for felons still in prison, (or is that just Bernie who wants that?) and Dems "no borders" policies.

For debate, are Carville and Obama "out of touch" and on the wrong side of history? Or do they represent a vestigial voice of sanity that survives among some Democrats.

Have the Democrats gone way too far Left?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

woodtick
Student

Re: Today's Left wing Democrat party.

Post #31

Post by woodtick »

Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woodtick
Student

Post #32

Post by woodtick »

[Replying to koko in post #29]
The population of illegal immigrants rose from 5 million in 1986 to 11.1 million in 2013 when this was stopped by Obama ~ per wiki.
Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #33

Post by 2ndRateMind »

woodtick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:16 am [Replying to 2ndRateMind in post #27]

I'm not talking about tackling social ills I'm talking about supporting them, and that's what liberals do. They don't care about the stability or prosperity of the country, they care about VOTES! I've never seen the Democratic party more power hungry and desperate in my life. I've never seen them this bad and that's why I'm no longer a Democrat!

They support ANYTHING that gets them VOTES!
Hmmm. I still don't see how this distinguishes them from Republicans.

Best of wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

koko

Post #34

Post by koko »

woodtick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:28 am [Replying to koko in post #29]
The population of illegal immigrants rose from 5 million in 1986 to 11.1 million in 2013 when this was stopped by Obama ~ per wiki.
Not Quite! NPR and CNN - your mentors - would disagree with you.

https://www.npr.org/2016/08/31/49196591 ... ation-laws

WIKI? Not such a reliable source of information!

"According to an analysis by the Migration Policy Institute, more than 12 million people were "deported" -- either removed or returned -- from the US during the Clinton administration. More than 10 million were removed or returned during the Bush administration. Far fewer -- more than 5 million -- were removed or returned during the Obama administration. Those numbers alone don't tell the whole story, though, according to Obama administration officials."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/13/politics ... index.html

My "tutors". Hmmmph.

Please get your facts straight as Obama was the deporter in chief:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportati ... ted_States

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas- ... d=41715661
https://reason.com/2019/06/27/actually- ... han-trump/

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #35

Post by nobspeople »

Elijah John wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:28 pm Even former President Obama and Bill Clinton campaign advisor James Carville are critical of today's Democrat party. Obama warning against the "cancel culture" of the Left, and Carville expressing dismay at such notions as Democrat advocacy for voting rights for felons still in prison, (or is that just Bernie who wants that?) and Dems "no borders" policies.

For debate, are Carville and Obama "out of touch" and on the wrong side of history? Or do they represent a vestigial voice of sanity that survives among some Democrats.

Have the Democrats gone way too far Left?
I think both parties have gone too far in their respective direction on a lot of topics. Surely, these people on the fringe of each party don't really believe these things, right?!? I mean, how can one think telling women what to do with their bodies (especially if you're not a woman) makes sense?
How can anyone think that what someone said 30 years ago, in jest, can be held against them today?
Too much black and white - not enough grey
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 35
nobspeople wrote: I think both parties have gone too far in their respective direction on a lot of topics. Surely, these people on the fringe of each party don't really believe these things, right?!?
Here, I think, we're kinda slaves to perception.

My experience, my perception, is that conservatives moved way to the right, and won many elections, such that liberals felt em a need to move em them to the right as well.

The political pendulum, and all that.

Though he is a bit pushing more progressive policies, I consider Biden to be just another old timer trying to maintain the status quo - "Nothing will change". He's just another liar / plagiarist who was able to get elected cause Trump was, well momma says I ain't sposed to say. Biden flutters in the political winds. Bereft of any sense of duty beyond his own legacy.

Sanders, he means well, but has been so demonized - rightly or wrongly - that he'll never attain the oval office. He's him the Hillary Clinton of folks who ain't em them Hillary Clinton.

But Warren and AOC - we need to amplify their voices every chance we get. They present strong, progressive ideas that can lead millions in this nation - indeed, the world - out of poverty.

There's also the idea of what's "fringe". Here in 'Murica, we too often label ideas as "fringe" when we should be considering such ideas as right and wrong, good and bad.

I dare say that just last Thursday, two and a half weeks and another month or more ago, a fifteen dollar an hour wage was a "fringe" notion. And now here it is, some companies have come em them out of the "fringe".

New ideas will, pert near by definition, be "fringe" ideas. That don't make em wrong.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #37

Post by nobspeople »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:29 pm From Post 35
nobspeople wrote: I think both parties have gone too far in their respective direction on a lot of topics. Surely, these people on the fringe of each party don't really believe these things, right?!?
Here, I think, we're kinda slaves to perception.

My experience, my perception, is that conservatives moved way to the right, and won many elections, such that liberals felt em a need to move em them to the right as well.

The political pendulum, and all that.

Though he is a bit pushing more progressive policies, I consider Biden to be just another old timer trying to maintain the status quo - "Nothing will change". He's just another liar / plagiarist who was able to get elected cause Trump was, well momma says I ain't sposed to say. Biden flutters in the political winds. Bereft of any sense of duty beyond his own legacy.

Sanders, he means well, but has been so demonized - rightly or wrongly - that he'll never attain the oval office. He's him the Hillary Clinton of folks who ain't em them Hillary Clinton.

But Warren and AOC - we need to amplify their voices every chance we get. They present strong, progressive ideas that can lead millions in this nation - indeed, the world - out of poverty.

There's also the idea of what's "fringe". Here in 'Murica, we too often label ideas as "fringe" when we should be considering such ideas as right and wrong, good and bad.

I dare say that just last Thursday, two and a half weeks and another month or more ago, a fifteen dollar an hour wage was a "fringe" notion. And now here it is, some companies have come em them out of the "fringe".

New ideas will, pert near by definition, be "fringe" ideas. That don't make em wrong.
Yeah, what's 'fringe' for one may not be for another. I suppose we have to decide what's 'fringe' and what's not (good luck with that!). Like religion, politics are belief based, even if facts are presented.
Surely, as society evolves, we need to as well. However, even in evolution, there are dead ends. So we must be able to recognize potential 'dead ends' and head them off as much as possible. But again, good luck with that.
In regards to Warren - I don't know much about her TBH, though it appears she means well (and might have some good ideas).
AOC - she annoys me. She seems to have a 'know it all' attitude and too abrasive for my taste (though, TBH again, I don't follow her and know only a little bit about her).
But we don't need old dodgers trying to keep us from moving forward, however that goes.
Catch 22 it seems.
What the USA needs are people who are in politics for the betterment of the country and the people within it, not someone who's a politician strictly for their own, personal gains. And, in politics, that seems to be a rarity.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by JoeyKnothead »

nobspeople wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:26 am Yeah, what's 'fringe' for one may not be for another. I suppose we have to decide what's 'fringe' and what's not (good luck with that!). Like religion, politics are belief based, even if facts are presented.
Surely, as society evolves, we need to as well. However, even in evolution, there are dead ends. So we must be able to recognize potential 'dead ends' and head them off as much as possible. But again, good luck with that.
In regards to Warren - I don't know much about her TBH, though it appears she means well (and might have some good ideas).
I ain't got me nothing to fuss about here.
nobspeople wrote: AOC - she annoys me. She seems to have a 'know it all' attitude and too abrasive for my taste (though, TBH again, I don't follow her and know only a little bit about her).
How could I ever think me someone was atrying to be em them a know-it-all, if I didn't already know it all, to know me they ain't?

nobspeople wrote: But we don't need old dodgers trying to keep us from moving forward, however that goes.
Catch 22 it seems.
What the USA needs are people who are in politics for the betterment of the country and the people within it, not someone who's a politician strictly for their own, personal gains. And, in politics, that seems to be a rarity.
Fer sher.

There is fact in the claim that Biden is a lying, plagiarizing liar, plagiariazist. He needs to be put out to pasture.

We need to uplift folks like Warren / AOC who ain't em them bound to corporate overlords.
-Punkinhead Martin

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #39

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #39]
We need to uplift folks like Warren / AOC who ain't em them bound to corporate overlords.

Yet.
Give it time. I don't think either is as righteous as people like to think. 8-)
But you can't blame them. Power, money and influence are all powerful things.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by JoeyKnothead »

nobspeople wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:55 am [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #39]

Yet.
Give it time. I don't think either is as righteous as people like to think. 8-)
But you can't blame them. Power, money and influence are all powerful things.
I can't rightly argue here, but will say I prefer to support em them that're worthy of em support in the here and now.
-Punkinhead Martin