Today's Left wing Democrat party.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Today's Left wing Democrat party.

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Even former President Obama and Bill Clinton campaign advisor James Carville are critical of today's Democrat party. Obama warning against the "cancel culture" of the Left, and Carville expressing dismay at such notions as Democrat advocacy for voting rights for felons still in prison, (or is that just Bernie who wants that?) and Dems "no borders" policies.

For debate, are Carville and Obama "out of touch" and on the wrong side of history? Or do they represent a vestigial voice of sanity that survives among some Democrats.

Have the Democrats gone way too far Left?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Today's Left wing Democrat party.

Post #41

Post by Purple Knight »

nobspeople wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:55 amYet.
This is precisely the issue. If some dark horse candidate comes from the far side of nowhere and miraculously gets power, he will immediately be bought. If he can't be bought, he'll be scandalized out of power.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #42

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Elijah John wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:28 pm Even former President Obama and Bill Clinton campaign advisor James Carville are critical of today's Democrat party. Obama warning against the "cancel culture" of the Left, and Carville expressing dismay at such notions as Democrat advocacy for voting rights for felons still in prison, (or is that just Bernie who wants that?) and Dems "no borders" policies.

For debate, are Carville and Obama "out of touch" and on the wrong side of history? Or do they represent a vestigial voice of sanity that survives among some Democrats.

Many are becoming extreme in their thinking, but it's unlikely that much of that thinking will be acted on unless Democrats take over the government. This is why I'm against one party rule. There's less resistance, less accountability, less debate, under a one-party rule environment. At least, when you have a two or more competing parties, they're more than willing to expose the corruptions of each other, hold each other accountable, and of course there's plenty of debate.
- Proud forum owner ∣ The Agnostic Forum

- As a non-partisan, I like to be on the side of truth. - AB

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by JoeyKnothead »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:05 pm
Elijah John wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:28 pm Even former President Obama and Bill Clinton campaign advisor James Carville are critical of today's Democrat party. Obama warning against the "cancel culture" of the Left, and Carville expressing dismay at such notions as Democrat advocacy for voting rights for felons still in prison, (or is that just Bernie who wants that?) and Dems "no borders" policies.

Many are becoming extreme in their thinking, but it's unlikely that much of that thinking will be acted on unless Democrats take over the government. This is why I'm against one party rule. There's less resistance, less accountability, less debate, under a one-party rule environment. At least, when you have a two or more competing parties, they're more than willing to expose the corruptions of each other, hold each other accountable, and of course there's plenty of debate.
Carville and Clinton both acted as centrists as the right kept pushing further and further to it.

But let's all remember this when the Senate tallies up the Democratic and Republican votes regarding the Jan 6 inquiry.

When one party has become radicalized, they see any who disagree as 'radicals'.

So we think on which side here stands for the common folk, and which side stands for defending their own members from the inquiry.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin