Mitt Romney's decision

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Mitt Romney's decision

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Mitt Romney made an obviously difficult decision to convict the President on one count of impeachment. I was disappointed with his decision, but I believe he was sincere,.

His detractors weighed in with knee-jerk reactions such as "Mitt is not a team player, and only thinks of himself". Ironic, since this decision is probably going to cost him his Senate seat the next time around.

I too was disappointed with his vote, and his increasing Left turn to the Left. I actually shredded my Romney/Ryan hat, this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I can no longer support Mitt Romney as a politician. Yet I still support him as a person, and believe he is very decent and honorable and does not deserve the crap that is being hurled at him.

For debate, why are pundits and politicians so quick to think and say the worst about people they disagree with or who disappoint them? Why do so many who profess to be Christians or otherwise religious fail to give others the benefit of the doubt for good intentions?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Mitt Romney's decision

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Elijah John wrote: I too was disappointed with his vote, and his increasing Left turn to the Left.
What?

So anyone who recognizes the truth about Donald Trump is making a turn to the Left?

You are doing precisely what Donald Trump is hoping for.

Have you seen Trump's speeches lately? He's calling for an all-out war against Democrats. Proclaiming them all to be criminals, while he is the innocent victim of a fraudulent witch hunt.

Trump is prepared to turn Americans against each other in two major groups.

Those who are for Donald J. Trump, and those who recognize that he's a criminal and a fraud.

I would suggest to Republicans to follow the lead of Mitt Romney and do what's right for the country.

Just look at where Trump is taking our nation. He's going to proclaim anyone who dares to question anything he does as the enemy of the people, and only those who are willing to become his totally obedient puppets as being patriots.

By the way, it wasn't just Mitt Romney who acknowledged that what Trump did was wrong. Other Republicans openly admitted this as well, but unfortunately they voted to acquit him anyway.

Look at Susan Collins. She was so extremely naive to think that the impeachment trial would send Trump a message even if he was acquitted. How terribly wrong she was. He has taken his acquittal as a message that he can now get away with whatever he likes, including publicly declaring an all-out war against Democrats.

You have just witnessed the downfall of America,

What are you going to do about it now? Support the fall of America and stand behind Donald Trump in his continued illegal use of power? :-k

I can't believe you are supporting this man to the extent of proclaiming a disappointment in Mitt Romney. The only Republican who had the courage to speak the truth and vote the truth.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]