Are you more concerned about the actual virus?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Are you more concerned about the actual virus?

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

1) Are you more concerned about the actual coronavirus itself?

2) Or about panic buying disrupting the supply chain of basic groceries and the effect on the economy.

3) Should the President consider imposing rationing of basic necessities so that everyone can get enough?

4) Should the President encourage papermills and other sources in the chain to ramp up production and delivery?

5) With all the emphasis on testing, testing and more testing, have the authorities neglected the basics of life?

For the first time (as I was typing this) I heard President Trump advise against the hoarding of groceries. I wish he'd do more of that.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #21

Post by AgnosticBoy »

We can not pretend that Trump has not made any mistakes but we can't also say that he's done nothing right. When you do this, it clearly shows a bias - perhaps a political one.

We know Joe Biden would not have done any travel bans since he attacked Trump for doing that. Trump instituted the China travel ban early. That did help to prevent the virus from coming in from

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #22

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to post 18 by Danmark]

Were the travel restrictions on China a good move?

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #23

Post by Danmark »

Elijah John wrote: [Replying to post 16 by Danmark]

According to Gallup the President's handling of the crisis has helped his rating. Up 5 points to 49%

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/approv ... id/959751/

So you still haven't answered, how would you or Joe Biden have handled it better? Or any of the President's detractors?

How would Andrew Cuomo have done better?

And doesn't it make a bit more sense now to step back from globalism in favor of American economic independence from China, to put a halt to corporate outsourcing and to get better control of our borders? Positions President Trump has been advocating for years.

I get it, you don't like him. I understand that. But you seem to be letting your dislike for him cloud your appreciation for what he's actually doing, and the good things he actually stands for and is trying to accomplish. For all of us.
That his gullible supporters believed the truly fake news he puts out thru Fox is not the issue. The truth is, even tho' he bragged about closing the border with China, he waited a full month to close it. In the meantime he and his cronies were worried about the economics of such a move and he now owns much of the disaster going on right now..

"Reuters has found that the administration took a month from the time it learned of the outbreak in late December to impose the initial travel restrictions amid furious infighting."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... AmRbz_e_Ow

There is no doubt about the corruption of this President. The only question is how long will it take his peanut gallery to catch on. Hasn't it seemed odd to you that he keeps touting hydroxychloroquine, and wouldn't even let Dr. Fauci answer questions about it. With Trump, it's always 'follow the money.' Turns out he has an interest in this drug.
https://truthout.org/articles/hydroxych ... mp-lawyer/

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by Zzyzx »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/politics ... index.html

1. (January 22) "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

2. (February 2) "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

3. (February 22) "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

4. (February 26) "We're going very substantially down, not up. ... We have it so well under control. I mean, we really have done a very good job."

5. (February 26) "This is a flu. This is like a flu. ... It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."

6. (February 27) "It's going to disappear. One day —it's like a miracle — it will disappear. And from our shores, we — you know, it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We'll see what happens. Nobody really knows."

7. (March 8) "No, I'm not concerned at all. No, I'm not. No, we've done a great job."

8. (March 9) "So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 death. Think about that!"

9. (March 15) "This is a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something we have tremendous control of."

10. (March 27) "I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you're going to major hospitals sometimes, they'll have two ventilators. And now, all of a sudden, they're saying, can we order 30,000 ventilators?"

11. (March 27) "You call it germ, you can call it a flu. You can call it a virus. You can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody knows what it is."

Also see: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/politics ... index.html
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #25

Post by Zzyzx »

PIERS MORGAN: "In just five brief minutes of calm empathy, fortitude and history, the Queen inspired her people to overcome this coronavirus crisis better than President Trump has rallied Americans with 50 hours of rambling, self-promoting twaddle"
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #26

Post by Bust Nak »

Danmark wrote: I get it. You like him. What is it? His lies? The pathological narcissism? The stupidity? The sexual predation? The ultra white nationalism?
Moderator Comment
Please tone down the rhetoric.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #27

Post by Elijah John »

It should be remembered that the President has a balancing act here. Between sustaining the economy and people's jobs, and protecting the health of the American people. And part of the President's job (as was done with the Queen for the UK) is to strike an optimistic tone, which he is doing, while advancing sensible precautions, again, which he is doing.

His detractors seem to be forgetting that fact, ignoring it, or attributing the worst motives to the President's actions and statements.

Rachel Maddow has stated that she wished the press wouldn't cover the President's updates because, in effect, it helps him. Before all this started, Bill Maher was hoping for a recession because it would hurt the Presidents re-election chances. (never mind that a down turn in the economy would hurt real, actual people and familes) I watch some of the the coverage on Fox of the President and his team (and they should be covered) and then turn to CNN. And on these occasions invariably CNN has it's own panel instead, and does not cover the President's reports as they are unfolding.

And don't forget that while all this was creeping up on us, the Democrats were obsessed with impeachment, and in the process of impeaching the President. How was that not a national distraction, and a contributing factor to our present situation? No doubt the President has made some mistakes in handling this, but so have the Democrats. When the virus hit the US, Nancy Pelosi encouraged people specifically to go to restaurants in Chinatown in San Francisco, as did Mayor Marty Walsh in Boston. They were may well have put people at risk in doing so, but they were operating in good faith. Why not give the President the same benefit of the doubt?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #28

Post by Bust Nak »

Danmark wrote: That his gullible supporters believed the truly fake news he puts out thru Fox is not the issue.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Don't call anyone gullible.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #29

Post by Danmark »

People who believe obvious lies are gullible. Trump has told over 10,000 lies in a couple years. Those who continue to believe him are gullible. The day this forum won't allow someone to tell the truth is the day I'm gone. Trump delayed two months, rejected tests, allowed thousands of Chinese to enter the country after we were warned.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #30

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Danmark wrote: People who believe obvious lies are gullible. Trump has told over 10,000 lies in a couple years. Those who continue to believe him are gullible. The day this forum won't allow someone to tell the truth is the day I'm gone. Trump delayed two months, rejected tests, allowed thousands of Chinese to enter the country after we were warned.
What are you saying all this for so that we can vote Democrat? The Democrats are perfect??

I don't take what you're saying as truth but rather it's an exaggeration. It's only a partisan rant. The same way that Trump would never admit that he's wrong is the same way many Democrats won't admit when he's right.