Who will be Biden's VP?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

bjs
Prodigy

Who will be Biden's VP?

Post #1

Post by bjs »

Who will/should be Joe Biden’s running mate? Why?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: Who will be Biden's VP?

Post #2

Post by AgnosticBoy »

bjs wrote: Who will/should be Joe Biden’s running mate? Why?
Given the fact that Biden has a rape allegation against him, among his other issues of touching women inappropriately, he might have to pick a woman. That might help him dodge the same standard that was applied to jutice KAVANAUGH where supposedly all rape victims are automatically telling the truth. Don't forget the #MeToo movement!

I know that sounds real partisan but it's true. If any Democrats are offended then I apologize but then again I see Repub. candidates being insulted, as well.

HaShev

Post #3

Post by HaShev »

[Replying to post 2 by AgnosticBoy]

Funny you should say that, because it's the worst thing he can do in his considering Kamala Harris as VP.
1) because she blasted an Innocent Kavanaugh for political tactic, but now is silent with Biden's real concerning incident and is putting herself into the predators consideration list.
2)the Dems forced Acosta to step down for being the DA who allowed a tampered down sentence plee deal with Epstein, and yet Kamala never steped down from her Senate position for doing the same exact thing when she was DA.

That's 2 severe sexual misconduct issues she was unconcerned about while only using a false incidence for a political fascist act against opposition party and thus for abuse of their position against their rival accross the isle.
That is not gonna sit well with the Public, especially the real victims and metoo movement who suffer from fake cases making believability and coming forward harder.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #4

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to post 3 by HaShev]

I agree with your point that having a woman vice president may be a liability to someone like him. Brilliant!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Purple Knight »

Hopefully someone under 100 without Alzheimer's.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #6

Post by Elijah John »

To bring Mr. Biden from the brink of left wing insanity, he should choose a "moderate" Democrat if there is such a thing anymore. Joe Manchin? One thing he should do is to pick the best person for the job, and not play identity politics. Promising that it has to be a woman is a form of identity politics.

Joe Biden doesn't even have the courage of his convictions any more. He once called VP Pence a decent man, but was bullied into retracting that compliment by internet trolls.

Joe Biden used to be a moderate, but he has pandered in extremis to the left wing of his party. Hopefully his running mate will be better, and not worse.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

historia
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by historia »

bjs wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:37 pm
Who will/should be Joe Biden's running mate? Why?
I think he'll pick Val Demings. Biden has already committed to picking a woman, and the fact that Demings is black, a former police chief, and was one of the Democratic impeachment managers, means she ticks a lot of boxes.
Elijah John wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:47 pm
One thing he should do is to pick the best person for the job, and not play identity politics.
On the contrary, since the Vice President is, in the words of John Adams, "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived," if there is ever a time to "play identity politics" it's with a VP pick.

The Trump team knows this well: They picked Mike Pence as VP in large part because he is a prominent evangelical Christian politician, and they wanted to shore up Trump's support among evangelicals.

In fact, since Trump doesn't really have any governing political philosophy, his campaign is largely centered on identity politics. His supporters don't often think of it in those terms because he's playing to white male and evangelical Christian identities, where they tend to reserve the term "identity politics" for women and ethnic minorities.

woodtick
Student

Post #8

Post by woodtick »

S
Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #9

Post by Clownboat »

woodtick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:03 pm Susan Rice, but it doesn't matter because he won't win, and it's possible the Democrats will dump him for someone else knowing he can't win.
I do fear that Biden doesn't have a chance to win, but is it not too late for Democrats to come up with another nominee?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

woodtick
Student

Post #10

Post by woodtick »

Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.