Caption this photo

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

historia
Prodigy

Caption this photo

Post #1

Post by historia »

Question for debate: What is going on in this photo? What message does it send?

Elijah John
Savant

Re: Caption this photo

Post #21

Post by Elijah John »

historia wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 am Image

"Return to God and His ways, stop the violence and return to law and order".

(neither the 4 indicted police, nor the rioters are observing law and order)
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

koko

Post #22

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:28 pm

But what is the evidence that shows the president did this just for the photo op? How does CNN, and perhaps these preachers who are getting their information from CNN, know for a fact that clearing out the protestors was done for a photo op? I've already presented my source that explains that it wasn't done just for a photo op, there were indeed security reasons.

Several local preachers have discussed this.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #23

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:16 am
AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:28 pm

But what is the evidence that shows the president did this just for the photo op? How does CNN, and perhaps these preachers who are getting their information from CNN, know for a fact that clearing out the protestors was done for a photo op? I've already presented my source that explains that it wasn't done just for a photo op, there were indeed security reasons.

Several local preachers have discussed this.
Did you look at my evidence which showed bottles being thrown at officers? How is that 100% peaceful as your video mentions? Were these preachers there at the protest? If not, then it stands to reason that they are going by what OTHERS, like CNN, are telling them.

koko

Post #24

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:05 pm
Did you look at my evidence which showed bottles being thrown at officers? How is that 100% peaceful as your video mentions? Were these preachers there at the protest? If not, then it stands to reason that they are going by what OTHERS, like CNN, are telling them.

Violence begets violence. Were bottles thrown at cops? Of course they were. But who shot first? The cops threw smoke bombs, tear gas, clubbed people (including members of the news media), told people to get off the Brooklyn Bridge but cordened it off at both ends and then threw more tear gas from both sides in order to terrorize people. They have committed hostile acts of terrorism against the citizenry but right wing apologists defend the government and its abuses. All too often the media refuse to report the full truth by showing incidents like those in the Brooklyn Bridge. But such a scenario was clearly a political crime.

If the cops say they were only doing their duty, then we should be reminded that Nazi soldiers also attempted to use that as an excuse. But the law came down on them and they were executed for their inhuman crimes.

You and others need to understand that the term no justice, no peace is not just some form of chant or mantra. It is a biblical teaching as per Isaiah 59:8. There must first be justice in society so that order can prevail. You can complain all you want about protesters and people disdaining the cops. But all your tears about it and all suppression of free speech will avail you NOTHING unless and until society first brings about justice. Only after this is achieved will order prevail. Your friends at the Fox network may not like it and right wing delusionals certainly won't like it as well. But it remains a fact, a divine TRUTH whether anyone here chooses to believe it or not.

Tcg
Savant

Post #25

Post by Tcg »

I prefer this photo:

The caption is: "Whet the heck is this thing?"

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #26

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:50 am
AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Violence begets violence. Were bottles thrown at cops? Of course they were. But who shot first? The cops threw smoke bombs, tear gas, clubbed people (including members of the news media), told people to get off the Brooklyn Bridge but cordened it off at both ends and then threw more tear gas from both sides in order to terrorize people. They have committed hostile acts of terrorism against the citizenry but right wing apologists defend the government and its abuses. All too often the media refuse to report the full truth by showing incidents like those in the Brooklyn Bridge. But such a scenario was clearly a political crime.

If the cops say they were only doing their duty, then we should be reminded that Nazi soldiers also attempted to use that as an excuse. But the law came down on them and they were executed for their inhuman crimes.

You and others need to understand that the term no justice, no peace is not just some form of chant or mantra. It is a biblical teaching as per Isaiah 59:8. There must first be justice in society so that order can prevail. You can complain all you want about protesters and people disdaining the cops. But all your tears about it and all suppression of free speech will avail you NOTHING unless and until society first brings about justice. Only after this is achieved will order prevail. Your friends at the Fox network may not like it and right wing delusionals certainly won't like it as well. But it remains a fact, a divine TRUTH whether anyone here chooses to believe it or not.
You need to be careful to make a distinction between enforcing orders/self defense and violence . It seems with the George Floyd's case, it's making a lot of people hypersensitive and now every push by police is seen as violence, police brutality, or even racism without regard for circumstance. By some standards, it would seem that if a cop arrests a Black person then.that will now be seen as racial injustice or violence regardless of what the person did.

Getting back to the video, it came from an Australian news outlet. It shows that the protestors were not yet dispersed because they're still at LaFayette park. You also don't see any push back on the part of the police - no tear gas, no pushing, but somehow you interpreted that to mean the police started it? That's a classic case of how BELIEF distorts perception.

Please stop making UNSUBSTANTIATED claims.

koko

Post #27

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:31 am You need to be careful to make a distinction between enforcing orders/self defense and violence . It seems with the George Floyd's case, it's making a lot of people hypersensitive and now every push by police is seen as violence, police brutality, or even racism without regard for circumstance. By some standards, it would seem that if a cop arrests a Black person then.that will now be seen as racial injustice or violence regardless of what the person did.

Getting back to the video, it came from an Australian news outlet. It shows that the protestors were not yet dispersed because they're still at LaFayette park. You also don't see any push back on the part of the police - no tear gas, no pushing, but somehow you interpreted that to mean the police started it? That's a classic case of how BELIEF distorts perception.

re "UNSUBSTANTIATED claims"

This clearly proves it is a PROVEN claim: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86753207 ... -officials

This may not be what you see on the Fox network but it is a FACT whether you choose to believe it or not.

koko

Post #28

Post by koko »

Tcg wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 am .
I prefer this photo:

The caption is: "Whet the heck is this thing?"

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

I like this one, too:

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #29

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:17 am
AgnosticBoy wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:31 am .

re "UNSUBSTANTIATED claims"

This clearly proves it is a PROVEN claim: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86753207 ... -officials

This may not be what you see on the Fox network but it is a FACT whether you choose to believe it or not.
My video clearly shows that the bottles were flying before the crowd was pushed back. So far you have offered no evidence to show otherwise. If someone "says" otherwise it's clearly because they didn't see the bottles perhaps they weren't in a position to. That doesn't mean nothing was thrown.

Again, you have zero evidence to back up your claim that bottles came AFTER protestors were pushback.

bjs1
Sage

Post #30

Post by bjs1 »

emilynghiem wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 pm
bjs1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:46 pm
historia wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 am Image

I believe that the message it was intended to convey is “President Trump is a man of faith.”

I worry that I am becoming cynical, but the message I personally see is, “President Trump knows that Americans are more likely to vote for a hypocrite than an honest man.”
"HAVE FAITH"
Huh. I actually get to use those college photography classes I took in a debate. I never thought that would happen.

A good photographer wants his photo to have a clear subject. The subject is the first thing the eye notices in a photo. Everything else in the photo informs the subject.

In this picture, the subject is President Trump. He is in the center of the photo. He is framed with the Bible on his right and the church sign to his left. We are supposed to look at him first and the let the other aspects of the photo inform our view of him.

A photographer who wants to say “have faith” would make a symbol of faith his subject. For instance, the Bible could be held forward in the center, causing it to appear larger and putting the president in the background. That would make the holy book the subject and the message might be “have faith.”

However, in this photo the president is the subject and the Bible in a peripheral object there to inform our view of Mr. Trump. The message is not about faith itself, but about the president and him as a man of faith.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin