The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 96 times
Contact:

The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #1

Post by AgnosticBoy »

As expected, the response to the protest has become political. Everyone agrees that the death of George Floyd was 'murder' and nothing less. Now we have protests, both peaceful and violent. There has been some clear differences between how Republicans and Democrats are responding.

Some liberal officials/news media/ and ordinary citizens are claiming that the people are angry and that explains and perhaps even justifies the violence. This goes with their response to go easy on enforcing the law during protest. Police in Santa Monica were seen standing around watching looters break into stores. Police in Minnesota stood around as looters burnt down a police station. This happened all under liberal controlled counties/cities.

Then on the Republican side you have a call for overwhelming security presence to crackdown on violent protests. This shows that Republicans do not see any justification for violent protest.

So the debate question:
1. Is violence ever justified (e.g. as part of protest)??
2. Who gets to decide which crime is allowed? If we allow "looting", then why not rape, murder, arson, etc? Can we trust that those with violence on their minds can make a sensible judgement on this?

koko

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #11

Post by koko »

Trump continues to insist that Antifa is behind the violence without providing even the slightest evidence to prove his ridiculous claim. He is now using a Nazi symbol to represent Antifa and is putting it in public display:


Image


His ignorance cannot be more clear as Antifa is anarchist and its color is black, not red. Therefore, they would not be using this color or the symbol since it is Nazi in origin. Through his ignorance and prejudices, he is spreading more hate and instigating more troubles.

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 96 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #12

Post by AgnosticBoy »

In my view, violence should only be used for self-defense.

But it seems like some BLM members want to use violence when not even threatened by violence themselves. I fail to see who their enemy is given the fact that not all cops are bad. I fail to see who gets to decide what type of acts of violence is acceptable. Can you rape and kill all cops? Is this what they want? Why stop with just cops? We see them targeting business owners, even Black business owners. Hek, some target anyone who disagrees with them. A Wisconsin Democrat senator, Tim Carpenter, was attacked just for filming them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... t-senator/

koko

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #13

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:17 am In my view, violence should only be used for self-defense.

But it seems like some BLM members want to use violence when not even threatened by violence themselves. I fail to see who their enemy is given the fact that not all cops are bad. I fail to see who gets to decide what type of acts of violence is acceptable. Can you rape and kill all cops? Is this what they want? Why stop with just cops? We see them targeting business owners, even Black business owners. Hek, some target anyone who disagrees with them. A Wisconsin Democrat senator, Tim Carpenter, was attacked just for filming them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... t-senator/


Has the government indicted any BLM member for violence in this case?

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 96 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #14

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:02 am
AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:17 am In my view, violence should only be used for self-defense.

But it seems like some BLM members want to use violence when not even threatened by violence themselves. I fail to see who their enemy is given the fact that not all cops are bad. I fail to see who gets to decide what type of acts of violence is acceptable. Can you rape and kill all cops? Is this what they want? Why stop with just cops? We see them targeting business owners, even Black business owners. Hek, some target anyone who disagrees with them. A Wisconsin Democrat senator, Tim Carpenter, was attacked just for filming them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... t-senator/


Has the government indicted any BLM member for violence in this case?
Well they have arrested protestors, so yes. I'm sure they are looking for a bigger fish, perhaps something that shows an organized effort coming from the top as opposed to just one or a few members at the bottom. Once they get that evidence then they can disband the entire organization.

We already know there is a correlation between the group and violence. So it's just a matter of time to link that violence to those at the top.

koko

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #15

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:36 pm Well they have arrested protestors, so yes. I'm sure they are looking for a bigger fish, perhaps something that shows an organized effort coming from the top as opposed to just one or a few members at the bottom. Once they get that evidence then they can disband the entire organization.

We already know there is a correlation between the group and violence. So it's just a matter of time to link that violence to those at the top.

The Wisconsin legislature and its judiciary are Republican. Had the trouble makers been BLM, I'm sure that by now the indictments would have made some linkage between the group and the hooligans.

Wait, a thought occurred to me - maybe the hooligans are Republicans. Yeah, that's it. They are Republicans. Since I do not have to present any evidence to prove it, we'll go with it. Henceforth, every trouble maker, crook, dissident, terrorist, etc in any news report is hereby declared in advance to be a Republican. All agree, right?

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

User avatar
Aetixintro
Site Supporter
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:18 am
Location: Metropolitan-Oslo, Norway, Europe
Has thanked: 398 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #16

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to koko in post #2]

For the sake of orderliness and very much alive and well, the words of The Declaration of Independence:
to act against a "train of abuse" and "despotism". The source by US History dot org: https://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/.

Also the 2nd Amendment:
"An armed militia" to act against idiot rule, https://constitutioncenter.org/interact ... endment-ii.

The exact words are these:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
:study: :-D 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 96 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #17

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:08 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:36 pm Well they have arrested protestors, so yes. I'm sure they are looking for a bigger fish, perhaps something that shows an organized effort coming from the top as opposed to just one or a few members at the bottom. Once they get that evidence then they can disband the entire organization.

We already know there is a correlation between the group and violence. So it's just a matter of time to link that violence to those at the top.
The Wisconsin legislature and its judiciary are Republican. Had the trouble makers been BLM, I'm sure that by now the indictments would have made some linkage between the group and the hooligans.

Wait, a thought occurred to me - maybe the hooligans are Republicans. Yeah, that's it. They are Republicans. Since I do not have to present any evidence to prove it, we'll go with it. Henceforth, every trouble maker, crook, dissident, terrorist, etc in any news report is hereby declared in advance to be a Republican. All agree, right?
Actually you do have to present evidence, but of course I don't have to agree with that evidence, esp. when I have my own evidence. From there, my objective only becomes taking away from your view, which I"m sure goes against your goal of wanting it to appear as some absolute LIBERAL truth. :D My objections deflates that appearance. The only people who should be upset with this are all of the Liberals on the site who want to SELL their view as opposed to ARGUING for it. Keep in mind that CNN reporters act as if is they are beacon of truth, meanwhile the stats show that only 40% trust their reportings!!! :D :D Perhaps if there wasn't alternative media that made them look bad, ie. Fox News, their ratings would be higher.

More specifically to your point, here is one reason offered for the protest:
On Tuesday, protesters took to the streets with renewed passion, outraged by the dramatic arrest of a black activist earlier in the day, the Wisconsin State Journal reported. Devonere Johnson, 28, was taken into custody after entering a restaurant in Madison’s Capitol Square area with a megaphone and baseball bat, according to the Journal.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... t-senator/

Sorry, but Republicans are not known for having Black activists, and I saw a video of that Black activists calling people "racist". Using the race card is a hallmark of the LEFT. Protesting because of race has been a hallmark of the LEFT. If it were a Republican group, then the left wing mainstream media (e.g. CNN) would've reported on that by now, especially when this group of protestors are ripping down statutes of White people. <sarcasm>Yeah, that's such a characteristic of extreme Right wing groups </sarcasm>

Keep in mind that designating a group to as a 'domestic terrorist' organization is the role of the federal government.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/trump ... anization/

koko

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #18

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:00 pm
Actually you do have to present evidence, but of course I don't have to agree with that evidence, esp. when I have my own evidence. From there, my objective only becomes taking away from your view, which I"m sure goes against your goal of wanting it to appear as some absolute LIBERAL truth. :D My objections deflates that appearance. The only people who should be upset with this are all of the Liberals on the site who want to SELL their view as opposed to ARGUING for it. Keep in mind that CNN reporters act as if is they are beacon of truth, meanwhile the stats show that only 40% trust their reportings!!! :D :D Perhaps if there wasn't alternative media that made them look bad, ie. Fox News, their ratings would be higher.

More specifically to your point, here is one reason offered for the protest:
On Tuesday, protesters took to the streets with renewed passion, outraged by the dramatic arrest of a black activist earlier in the day, the Wisconsin State Journal reported. Devonere Johnson, 28, was taken into custody after entering a restaurant in Madison’s Capitol Square area with a megaphone and baseball bat, according to the Journal.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... t-senator/

Sorry, but Republicans are not known for having Black activists, and I saw a video of that Black activists calling people "racist". Using the race card is a hallmark of the LEFT. Protesting because of race has been a hallmark of the LEFT. If it were a Republican group, then the left wing mainstream media (e.g. CNN) would've reported on that by now, especially when this group of protestors are ripping down statutes of White people. <sarcasm>Yeah, that's such a characteristic of extreme Right wing groups </sarcasm>

Keep in mind that designating a group to as a 'domestic terrorist' organization is the role of the federal government.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/trump ... anization/


"Republicans are not known for having Black activists"

But they are known for employing agent provocateurs as shown in the videos I've presented. Of course, I did not have to present any such videos multiple times like I did and will not do so in the future since my word is good enough proof. As for the media, remember that I have also quote from Fox bearing in mind that I did not have to.

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 96 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #19

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:21 pm "Republicans are not known for having Black activists"

But they are known for employing agent provocateurs as shown in the videos I've presented. Of course, I did not have to present any such videos multiple times like I did and will not do so in the future since my word is good enough proof. As for the media, remember that I have also quote from Fox bearing in mind that I did not have to.
You mean those videos that show a bunch hillbillies attacking someone? Yeah, that's indistinguishable from my videos that show people of DIFFERENT races, and who are advocating for defunding the police while pulling down Confederate statutes, etc.

When you ignore the clear signs of these extreme Left wing groups like Antifa, or take them lightly, then they will multiply and begin to take over, just as they did in the Democrat run Washington State. Now the officials there can only wish they had acted sooner, although it's too late now that business owners are suing the city for not protecting their businesses, and rightly so. And if they don't compensate these businesses, then the owners will move to other cities.


...........................

It's also funny that some BLM members want to rely heavily on violence, but then they fault the police for not using non-violent means before resorting to violence. Perhaps if some of these same BLM members took the time to educate themselves and even take advantage of continuing education, they'd know about all of the NON-violent/LAWFUL options they can act on before jumping straight to the UNLAWFUL actions. They would know that voting in local, state, and national elections is a powerful tool. Knowledge is power.

koko

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #20

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:30 pm
You mean those videos that show a bunch hillbillies attacking someone? Yeah, that's indistinguishable from my videos that show people of DIFFERENT races, and who are advocating for defunding the police while pulling down Confederate statutes, etc.

When you ignore the clear signs of these extreme Left wing groups like Antifa, or take them lightly, then they will multiply and begin to take over, just as they did in the Democrat run Washington State. Now the officials there can only wish they had acted sooner, although it's too late now that business owners are suing the city for not protecting their businesses, and rightly so. And if they don't compensate these businesses, then the owners will move to other cities.


...........................

It's also funny that some BLM members want to rely heavily on violence, but then they fault the police for not using non-violent means before resorting to violence. Perhaps if some of these same BLM members took the time to educate themselves and even take advantage of continuing education, they'd know about all of the NON-violent/LAWFUL options they can act on before jumping straight to the UNLAWFUL actions. They would know that voting in local, state, and national elections is a powerful tool. Knowledge is power.




They were not Antifa or BLM.

They were Republicans including off shoots of the party such as KKK, Three Percenters, Conservative Party, American Evangelical Christian Church, and subscribers to Stormfront.

Post Reply