The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #1

Post by AgnosticBoy »

As expected, the response to the protest has become political. Everyone agrees that the death of George Floyd was 'murder' and nothing less. Now we have protests, both peaceful and violent. There has been some clear differences between how Republicans and Democrats are responding.

Some liberal officials/news media/ and ordinary citizens are claiming that the people are angry and that explains and perhaps even justifies the violence. This goes with their response to go easy on enforcing the law during protest. Police in Santa Monica were seen standing around watching looters break into stores. Police in Minnesota stood around as looters burnt down a police station. This happened all under liberal controlled counties/cities.

Then on the Republican side you have a call for overwhelming security presence to crackdown on violent protests. This shows that Republicans do not see any justification for violent protest.

So the debate question:
1. Is violence ever justified (e.g. as part of protest)??
2. Who gets to decide which crime is allowed? If we allow "looting", then why not rape, murder, arson, etc? Can we trust that those with violence on their minds can make a sensible judgement on this?

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #31

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to koko in post #30]

There is nothing to refute. I've already presented evidence that Antifa is involved if you go by their views, by their tactics, etc.

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #32

Post by AgnosticBoy »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:01 pm As expected, the response to the protest has become political. Everyone agrees that the death of George Floyd was 'murder' and nothing less. Now we have protests, both peaceful and violent. There has been some clear differences between how Republicans and Democrats are responding.

Some liberal officials/news media/ and ordinary citizens are claiming that the people are angry and that explains and perhaps even justifies the violence. This goes with their response to go easy on enforcing the law during protest. Police in Santa Monica were seen standing around watching looters break into stores. Police in Minnesota stood around as looters burnt down a police station. This happened all under liberal controlled counties/cities.

Then on the Republican side you have a call for overwhelming security presence to crackdown on violent protests. This shows that Republicans do not see any justification for violent protest.

So the debate question:
1. Is violence ever justified (e.g. as part of protest)??
2. Who gets to decide which crime is allowed? If we allow "looting", then why not rape, murder, arson, etc? Can we trust that those with violence on their minds can make a sensible judgement on this?
In regards to question 2, I should add the violent act of a black man putting their knee on a white person's neck to the list. And before someone tells me that wouldn't happen, I should say that I'm in possession of a photo that shows just that - a guy with his knee on a White toddler's neck done for a Black Lives Matter photo op.. (And I'll post it for any skeptics upon request).

Is that justified just because Black people had a bad history in America?

koko

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #33

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:24 pm [Replying to koko in post #30]

There is nothing to refute. I've already presented evidence that Antifa is involved if you go by their views, by their tactics, etc.

If that is what you wish to believe, fine. I choose to believe in documented facts such as those irrefutable sources I presented. They are experts on the field and their reports would stand up in court whereas your would not. But if you feel your ideas are better than theirs, then suit yourself.

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #34

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:15 pm If that is what you wish to believe, fine. I choose to believe in documented facts such as those irrefutable sources I presented. They are experts on the field and their reports would stand up in court whereas your would not. But if you feel your ideas are better than theirs, then suit yourself.
When you have BLM supporters willing to kneel.on the necks of White babies then there is nothing that would surprise me about what they'll do. The BLM leader for the Brooklyn branch refuses to condemn violence and that shows his members that they can commit violent acts all in the name of BLM. It's acceptable.

Send me these "experts" emails so I can send them pics of how evil some BLM members can be.

koko

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #35

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:27 pm
koko wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:15 pm If that is what you wish to believe, fine. I choose to believe in documented facts such as those irrefutable sources I presented. They are experts on the field and their reports would stand up in court whereas your would not. But if you feel your ideas are better than theirs, then suit yourself.
When you have BLM supporters willing to kneel.on the necks of White babies then there is nothing that would surprise me about what they'll do. The BLM leader for the Brooklyn branch refuses to condemn violence and that shows his members that they can commit violent acts all in the name of BLM. It's acceptable.

Send me these "experts" emails so I can send them pics of how evil some BLM members can be.



You are referring to NYC's Newsome saying "“I don't condone nor do I condemn rioting ... since the USA was founded on violence." At the same time as those remarks were made there were protesters who applauded police violence. So it all evened out in the end.

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #36

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to koko in post #35]

I didn't quite get what you're saying. Are you saying that BLM members are justified in putting their knees in the neck of a White baby (which has been done already) ?

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #37

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to AgnosticBoy in post #36]

Silence is what I thought I'd get. When you have a group such as BLM, that doesn't condemn violence nor specifies what retribution for Blacks involves, then that leaves the door open for its members to do whatever they want and thinking that's retribution. Such acts have included looting, assaulting Whites, and a posting photo of a Black man putting his knees on the neck of White toddler.

Hawk Newsome, the president of Greater New York Black Lives Matter said the following:
“If this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It’s a matter of interpretation,” Hawk Newsome said during an interview Wednesday evening on “The Story” with Martha MacCallum.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-leade ... is-system/

koko

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #38

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:26 am [Replying to koko in post #35]

I didn't quite get what you're saying. Are you saying that BLM members are justified in putting their knees in the neck of a White baby (which has been done already) ?


Funny question. But violence begets violence. Interestingly, our Founding Fathers put the 2d Amendment to the Constitution in order to avert government violence. But for some reason, right wingers who usually uphold that amendment are silent when people say it should be used to stop police/government abuses.

Elijah John
Savant
Posts: 12235
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:23 pm
Location: New England
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #39

Post by Elijah John »

koko wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:35 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:19 pm
I'm not disputing that White supremacists are involved. I'm disputing the CAUSE of the looting. Some say the cause is because protestors are angry with George Floyd's death. Others, like YOU, say it is caused by White Supremacists inciting violence and looting. That is two different causes and agendas. Clearly the White Supremacists aren't going to be doing things because they care about George Floyd's death.

Exactly. They are subversives who are spreading chaos, dissent, racial division, and other troubles. Precisely what I've said all along. And while some are continually attribute all the chaos they create to Antifa without presenting any evidence to support that claim, it properly belongs to those hate filled anti America white supremacists.
Koko, who attacked Michelle Malkin when she attempted to speak at a pro-police rally in Denver?

Also, I see a lot of black faces and shirtless black young men doing the looting, are they white supremacists too?

Is the thug Marquis Love a white supremacist? When he was arrested for taking a running start and delivering a roundhouse kick to the head of an innocent white man, Marquis attempted to justify himself by telling authorities that he was "attacking a racist".

If you think someone is a racist, (or even if they actually are) does that justify attempting to murder them? What gives them the right??
And what if you are wrong about them being a racist?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Elijah John
Savant
Posts: 12235
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:23 pm
Location: New England
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: The Right to violence: In response to George Floyd murder

Post #40

Post by Elijah John »

And as a general observation, what gives anyone the right to riot, loot and hurt or kill innocent people? To steal things and destroy businesses that don't belong to them, and hurt or kill innocent third parties?

What gives the rioters the right to burn the library in Kenosha, or car dealerships or beat 70 year old men senseless?

How do such injustices solve any other injustice, real or imagined?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Post Reply