The twisted logic of the Left.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

The twisted logic of the Left.

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

In the world of Leftist blame shifting and rationalization, logic and reason itself becomes twisted.

To the Left, "conservative speech is violence, and violent looting is "speech". Defended by pundits on CNN as "the cry of the unheard".

Is this yet another example of the Left calling good evil, and evil good? Isn't there a Bible verse that predicts and condemns this kind of thinking, calling evil "good" and good "evil"?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Elijah John
Savant

Re: The twisted logic of the Left.

Post #21

Post by Elijah John »

koko wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:51 pm
Elijah John wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:39 pm
How bout this? Black Lives Matter protest a while back chanted "pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon" These people were chanting this behind a BLM banner, so you tell me who's responsible. And "what do we want?" Dead cops" "When do we want them?" "Now". So much for the façade of the "peaceful" BLM protests. I never heard any condemnation by BLM for this violent rhetoric from their members.

A very popular myth but one that is totally unfounded. See:

Black Lives Matter Protesters Chant for ‘Dead Cops Now’ in Baton Rouge
A perpetually recirculating video of Black Lives Matter protesters chanting for "dead cops" dates to December 2014 and is unrelated to BLM protest events occurring in July 2016.

False
False
About this rating

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/black ... ton-rouge/

False = False witness
The first one is certainly from BLM. Who do you say chanted the "dead cops" chant?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

koko

Post #22

Post by koko »

Elijah John wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:46 pm
The first one is certainly from BLM. Who do you say chanted the "dead cops" chant?

The link suggests "dead Cops" was put into the video. One thing's for sure, BLM did not call for dead cops.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #23

Post by Goat »

Elijah John wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:39 pm
Goat wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:07 pm
Elijah John wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:46 pm In the world of Leftist blame shifting and rationalization, logic and reason itself becomes twisted.

To the Left, "conservative speech is violence, and violent looting is "speech". Defended by pundits on CNN as "the cry of the unheard".

Is this yet another example of the Left calling good evil, and evil good? Isn't there a Bible verse that predicts and condemns this kind of thinking, calling evil "good" and good "evil"?
Is that a true statement? From someone on the left, I never said 'Conservative speech is violence', nor did a say 'violent looting is speech'. The closest I heard was 'when commodities are treated more valuable than human life, looting is a form of protest'. I have also seen it stated that the looters were opportunists that are taking advantage of the protests, and not protestors themselves.

It sounds like the premise is building a straw man, rather than the position of the left.
I should have been more specific. That kind of rhetoric seems to come mostly from leftist academia, professors and students. The Psychology Today writer in the quote above alludes to it, and I have heard things like that quoted many times on Fox news, especially on Tucker's old segment "campus craziness". And before you dismiss Fox out of hand, ask yourself if they are making this stuff up or are they covering news CNN refuses to cover because it does not fit their narrative and bias. Very often there is video evidence for the examples Fox provides, though I seldom write down the references. I think I will start to do so.

How bout this? Black Lives Matter protest a while back (I think it was just after Ferguson) chanted "pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon" These people were chanting this behind a BLM banner, so you tell me who's responsible. And BLM also chanted: "what do we want?" Dead cops" "When do we want them?" "Now". So much for the façade of the entirely "peaceful" BLM protests. I never heard any condemnation by BLM for this violent rhetoric from their members.
Do you have a link to examples from reliable sources? I don't consider 'fox' to be very reliable. In fact, they were recently caught using altered photographs to make it look like there were armed protesters in the 'no-cop' zone in Seattle.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by 2ndRateMind »

I am not in favour of the death penalty. But I cannot help but feel some sympathy with those who advocate it for the police murderers who gratuitously killed George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks. That is not twisted logic; just fellow feeling for the victims and their bereaved loved ones. I think, however, it was Archbishop Desmond Tutu who said 'An eye for an eye? A tooth for a tooth? Pretty soon the whole world will be blind and toothless!' I would advise, as Martin Luther King did, and Nelson Mandela, and Mahatma Ghandi, non-violent civil disobedience, until some time when blacks are regarded with the same civil respect as whites.

Best of wishes to you all, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost