The twisted logic of the Left.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

The twisted logic of the Left.

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

In the world of Leftist blame shifting and rationalization, logic and reason itself becomes twisted.

To the Left, "conservative speech is violence, and violent looting is "speech". Defended by pundits on CNN as "the cry of the unheard".

Is this yet another example of the Left calling good evil, and evil good? Isn't there a Bible verse that predicts and condemns this kind of thinking, calling evil "good" and good "evil"?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

koko

Re: The twisted logic of the Left.

Post #11

Post by koko »

Elijah John,

To the Left, "conservative speech is violence, and violent looting is "speech".

Give provide links with examples in order to prove your claim.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #12

Post by Elijah John »

koko wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:25 pm
Elijah John,

There was a guest on the Martha McCallum show yesterday who said that we need to rethink the terms we use for the protestors who use violence, they are not looters and rioters he said, but they are the "voice of the voiceless". I don't think that Martha believes this, but for some reason she let the statement go unchallenged.

The guest went on to cite an African proverb that goes something like this. "When a young man in the village is ignored, he will burn the village down to bask in the warmth of the fire."

This is radical stuff. This advocating violence.

Looters and rioters are not principled "freedom fighters" they are opportunistic thugs and criminals..

Also, here's a link:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -real-harm

Scroll down to the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

-YHVH is LORD

koko

Post #13

Post by koko »

Elijah John wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:30 am
Elijah John,

There was a guest on the Martha McCallum show yesterday who said that we need to rethink the terms we use for the protestors who use violence, they are not looters and rioters he said, but they are the "voice of the voiceless". I don't think that Martha believes this, but for some reason she let the statement go unchallenged.

The guest went on to cite an African proverb that goes something like this. "When a young man in the village is ignored, he will burn the village down to bask in the warmth of the fire."

This is radical stuff. This advocating violence.

Looters and rioters are not principled "freedom fighters" they are opportunistic thugs and criminals..

Also, here's a link:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -real-harm

Scroll down to the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

I did check the linked article but found it just a bit difficult to understand as it is a scientific writing. Significantly the writer concluded by writing "When is speech violence? The answer is never." I'm not sure I can agree with this assessment though I do not have any scientific basis for saying so.

While you say the left feels violence is speech, note that Antifa nor BLM have been found to engage in any of this violence. By contrast we have found far right acitivism in it. Thus, it's not the left that attempts to justify violence this way. It is the right wing which does.

As for the notion that rioters/looters are thugs, there may well be much truth to that. This especially so when you review the links I have shown which reveal police undercover thugs engaging in that violence. Here in the Twin Cities we saw an unidentified white guy torching the police 3d precinct and other thugs speaking with foreign accents engaging in more violence. Clearly they are not from the communities that were torched or looted. I have a friend in Minneapolis and another in St Paul and, coincidentally, they live in the epicenters of violence in both cities. Both told me they could not recognize anyone who committed this violence because, obviously, they were outsiders committed to fomenting troubles. The evidence show these "thugs" were far likelier to be rightists.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #14

Post by Elijah John »

koko wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:52 am I have a friend in Minneapolis and another in St Paul and, coincidentally, they live in the epicenters of violence in both cities. Both told me they could not recognize anyone who committed this violence because, obviously, they were outsiders committed to fomenting troubles. The evidence show these "thugs" were far likelier to be rightists.
People on the Right are more likely to support law and order. Arson and looting are not acts of law and order. It's people on the Left who more often see the police as heavy handed and are, in fact, calling for their defunding.

It's CNN who compares violent protesters to our founding fathers. And the videos I've seen of the looters are almost entirely black people doing the looting. Are they outsiders? Or opportunistic criminal residents.

And you mentioned several times that white supremacists are causing the trouble. As evil as they are, that seems a counter-intuitive accusation. Why would they do that?

Also, here is the quote from that PT article, not a conservative publication by any means:
Yet something like this is happening on a massive scale on college campuses every day. Faculty and administrators across the country are telling students they will suffer irreparable harm if they engage with ideas they find abhorrent, or even interact in a civil manner with the people who hold those ideas.

Speech may be upsetting, but that doesn’t make it violence. For leaders to assert that speech is violence is not only incorrect, it’s harmful.
It pretty well supports my assertion that people on the Left will sometimes, (though admittedly not universally) insist that "speech (that they disagree with) is violence. violence is speech" or the "voice of the unheard".

These kind of absurd statements come mostly from academics and students.

-YHVH is LORD

koko

Post #15

Post by koko »

Elijah John wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:00 pm

And you mentioned several times that white supremacists are causing the trouble. As evil as they are, that seems a counter-intuitive accusation. Why would they do that?

The posts I made linked to reports which provide an answer to that. As right wingers they are wont to cause trouble, foment racial hate, and to cause dissension. Three percenters have openly stated they want racial war. This certainly is not a secret. Ultra right wingers are disposed to cause violence unlike Antifa which, as I have posted previously, are far less likely to cause violence.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #16

Post by Elijah John »

Goat wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:07 pm
Elijah John wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:46 pm In the world of Leftist blame shifting and rationalization, logic and reason itself becomes twisted.

To the Left, "conservative speech is violence, and violent looting is "speech". Defended by pundits on CNN as "the cry of the unheard".

Is this yet another example of the Left calling good evil, and evil good? Isn't there a Bible verse that predicts and condemns this kind of thinking, calling evil "good" and good "evil"?
Is that a true statement? From someone on the left, I never said 'Conservative speech is violence', nor did a say 'violent looting is speech'. The closest I heard was 'when commodities are treated more valuable than human life, looting is a form of protest'. I have also seen it stated that the looters were opportunists that are taking advantage of the protests, and not protestors themselves.

It sounds like the premise is building a straw man, rather than the position of the left.
I should have been more specific. That kind of rhetoric seems to come mostly from leftist academia, professors and students. The Psychology Today writer in the quote above alludes to it, and I have heard things like that quoted many times on Fox news, especially on Tucker's old segment "campus craziness". And before you dismiss Fox out of hand, ask yourself if they are making this stuff up or are they covering news CNN refuses to cover because it does not fit their narrative and bias. Very often there is video evidence for the examples Fox provides, though I seldom write down the references. I think I will start to do so.

How bout this? Black Lives Matter protest a while back (I think it was just after Ferguson) chanted "pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon" These people were chanting this behind a BLM banner, so you tell me who's responsible. And BLM also chanted: "what do we want?" Dead cops" "When do we want them?" "Now". So much for the façade of the entirely "peaceful" BLM protests. I never heard any condemnation by BLM for this violent rhetoric from their members.

-YHVH is LORD

Elijah John
Savant

Post #17

Post by Elijah John »

koko wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:35 pm The Bible forbids bearing false witness. Yet, that law is continually ignored on this forum every day.
You mean like the false witness on the Left from the likes of Richard Fowler and Stacy Abrams? Both of them seem to have been reading from the same Democrat talking points, that Ray Brooks was "murdered for falling asleep at a Wendy's dive though". Really??

Straw man AND false witness.

Do you want to try to defend these lies from Fowler and Abrams?

And by the way, an unsupported assertion is simply an unsupported assertion. Be very careful before you accuse any member, (even in general terms) of "false witness". That is a serious charge. Also sometimes what you see as "false witness" may simply be a difference of opinion regarding the interpretation of a given event or statistic.

-YHVH is LORD

koko

Post #18

Post by koko »

Elijah John wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:39 pm
How bout this? Black Lives Matter protest a while back chanted "pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon" These people were chanting this behind a BLM banner, so you tell me who's responsible. And "what do we want?" Dead cops" "When do we want them?" "Now". So much for the façade of the "peaceful" BLM protests. I never heard any condemnation by BLM for this violent rhetoric from their members.

A very popular myth but one that is totally unfounded. See:

Black Lives Matter Protesters Chant for ‘Dead Cops Now’ in Baton Rouge
A perpetually recirculating video of Black Lives Matter protesters chanting for "dead cops" dates to December 2014 and is unrelated to BLM protest events occurring in July 2016.

False
False
About this rating

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/black ... ton-rouge/

False = False witness

Tcg
Savant

Post #19

Post by Tcg »

It pretty well supports my assertion that people on the Left will sometimes, (though admittedly not universally) insist that "speech (that they disagree with) is violence. violence is speech" or the "voice of the unheard".
But this was not the claim you were asked to support:
Elijah John,

You made a universal claim about all on "the Left." Given that you can't support such a claim, you have now changed it. Your O.P. and it's title, however, retain your blanket statement against "the Left." Is this your admission that it is flawed?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Elijah John
Savant

Post #20

Post by Elijah John »

Tcg wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:54 pm
But this was not the claim you were asked to support:
Elijah John,

You made a universal claim about all on "the Left." Given that you can't support such a claim, you have now changed it. Your O.P. and it's title, however, retain your blanket statement against "the Left." Is this your admission that it is flawed?

Tcg
I corrected that overstatement in post # 16 in my reply to Goat. And with examples that such statements come from Leftist academia. Like I said, I should have been more specific.

-YHVH is LORD