The twisted logic of the Left.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

The twisted logic of the Left.

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

In the world of Leftist blame shifting and rationalization, logic and reason itself becomes twisted.

To the Left, "conservative speech is violence, and violent looting is "speech". Defended by pundits on CNN as "the cry of the unheard".

Is this yet another example of the Left calling good evil, and evil good? Isn't there a Bible verse that predicts and condemns this kind of thinking, calling evil "good" and good "evil"?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

bluegreenearth
Guru

Re: The twisted logic of the Left.

Post #2

Post by bluegreenearth »

Elijah John wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:46 pm In the world of Leftist blame shifting and rationalization, logic and reason itself becomes twisted.

To the Left, "conservative speech is violence, and violent looting is "speech". Defended by pundits on CNN as "the cry of the unheard".

Is this yet another example of the Left calling good evil, and evil good? Isn't there a Bible verse that predicts and condemns this kind of thinking, calling evil "good" and good "evil"?
Such tactics are not exclusive to "Leftists" but are deployed by a variety of political ideologies including Right Wing Conservatism when it is advantageous for them to do so. There are blatant examples of this kind of behavior from across the political spectrum. If you are looking for more politically balanced news coverage than what is offered by CNN or Fox News, the Associated Press (AP) is one of a select few traditional news organizations that are well respected by most people from every political persuasion with very few exceptions. There are also a few fact checking websites that have decent reputations for providing reliable constructive criticism of news coverage from a nonpartisan perspective such as factcheck.org and https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news to name a couple.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #3

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Elijah John wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:46 pm In the world of Leftist blame shifting and rationalization, logic and reason itself becomes twisted.

I never got the point of the Black Lives Matter protests, when you have looters looting Black owned businesses. Do these looters really care about Black lives or are they just using the large groups of the protest as cover to commit their crimes? Liberals should consider that before saying that all the looters are simply angry about Black people suffering because it doesn't make sense that someone would care about that while causing suffering to Black business owners.

koko

Post #4

Post by koko »

For some reason we continue to have threads on this forum with themes that sound more like a right wing echo chamber. Same message, rinse, repeat. Not a shred of truth in any of them, same propaganda, no evidence whatsoever to prove the claim made.

Perhaps the theme most repeated is this propaganda lie that BLM is behind the violence we have seen on TV these past weeks. So far, not one of those claims has been substantiated with evidence. On the contrary, I have posted links which show BLM has NOT been linked to the violence. The Bible forbids bearing false witness. Yet, that law is continually ignored on this forum every day.

How ironic it is that we have yet another thread which claims one group is "blaming" another. Yet that same theme is one of making unsubstantiated claims once again.

Rinse, repeat.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Aetixintro »

For some reason, I have the suspicion that about 50% of the looters are corrupt police! OR gate test for groups of people, yourself if you like.

Rather than attacking police cars for the show of anger, looting seems all the more wrong!

Spray-painting and tagging, anybody? 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

koko

Post #6

Post by koko »

Aetixintro wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:21 pm For some reason, I have the suspicion that about 50% of the looters are corrupt police! OR gate test for groups of people, yourself if you like.

Rather than attacking police cars for the show of anger, looting seems all the more wrong!

Spray-painting and tagging, anybody? 8-)

Police crimes in violation of the US Constitution:

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #7

Post by Bust Nak »

Looters are just looters, it's easy to disassociate them from the BLM protest as people who simply take advantage of the situation for their own gains. It's not so easy to dissociate violent racists in police uniform from the police.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #8

Post by AgnosticBoy »

This is why I don't trust CNN when they report on so-called peaceful protest. Most in the country don't even trust that channel anyway. They highlight the cops that commit crimes but don't highlight the protesters that comnit crimes. The mayor of Minnesota had a water bottle thrown at him and they cut out that part of the video. The mayor did nothing about it. Perhaps now he realizes the reality of how peaceful these protests are after he became a victim of one.

bluegreenearth
Guru

Post #9

Post by bluegreenearth »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:43 amThis is why I don't trust CNN when they report on so-called peaceful protest. Most in the country don't even trust that channel anyway. They highlight the cops that commit crimes but don't highlight the protesters that comnit crimes. The mayor of Minnesota had a water bottle thrown at him and they cut out that part of the video. The mayor did nothing about it. Perhaps now he realizes the reality of how peaceful these protests are after he became a victim of one.
I'll just place this here in case anyone needs it:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_ge ... ralization

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Goat »

Is that a true statement? From someone on the left, I never said 'Conservative speech is violence', nor did a say 'violent looting is speech'. The closest I heard was 'when commodities are treated more valuable than human life, looting is a form of protest'. I have also seen it stated that the looters were opportunists that are taking advantage of the protests, and not protestors themselves.

It sounds like the premise is building a straw man, rather than the position of the left.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella