Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Trump in a landslide
8%
Trump comfortably
33%
Trump in a close election
25%
Biden in a close election
17%
Biden comfortably
17%
Biden in a landslide
No votes

Total votes: 12

historia
Prodigy

Post #1

Post by historia »

Early polls (137 days before the election) show Biden leading. But who wins comes November?

Miles
Savant

Re: Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Post #91

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:23 am
Since this is religion and political forum, I would like to share a quotation from a Watchtower article dating from way back in 2012 but was brought up in the context of a discssion of bible prophecies we believe involve the United States.

So, just what election results did not end up in "clear majority"? Here are the election results from the last seven elections.

The only one coming close was the 2000 election where George W. Bush beat Al Gore by 5 electoral votes.
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thus close and controversial election results it seems will continue to be a feature of our times.
But close doesn't equal "No clear majority." And the 2000 election was not fraught in controversy. If you're thinking the 2020 election is controversial, that's something that only resides in Trumps ego driven mind.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #92

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Miles wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:17 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:23 am
Since this is religion and political forum, I would like to share a quotation from a Watchtower article dating from way back in 2012 but was brought up in the context of a discssion of bible prophecies we believe involve the United States.

So, just what election results did not end up in "clear majority"? Here are the election results from the last seven elections.

The only one coming close was the 2000 election where George W. Bush beat Al Gore by 5 electoral votes.
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thus close and controversial election results it seems will continue to be a feature of our times.
But close doesn't equal "No clear majority." And the 2000 election was not fraught in controversy. If you're thinking the 2020 election is controversial, that's something that only resides in Trumps ego driven mind.

Fair enough I really havent been following the latest information and was going by the information surrounding calls for recounts. I understand now there is nothing controversial about these eletions and has always been a clear and indiscutable majority.

My bad,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #93

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Miles wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:17 pm
...m close doesn't equal "No clear majority."
Fair enough I really havent been following the latest d evelopments.

My bad,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8