Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Trump in a landslide
8%
Trump comfortably
33%
Trump in a close election
25%
Biden in a close election
17%
Biden comfortably
17%
Biden in a landslide
No votes

Total votes: 12

historia
Prodigy

Post #1

Post by historia »

Early polls (137 days before the election) show Biden leading. But who wins comes November?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Post #21

Post by AgnosticBoy »

historia wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:11 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:22 pm
no one should be putting 100% confidence in their predictions.

. . .

Yet we find Democrats here arguing as if their predictions are infallible and all reasons offered for why Trump would win are wrong.
Who is doing this?
Here's a better question. Cite the reasons why you think Trump would win. That might help some get beyond their political bias. If you can't admit that he has a chance of winning, then my point is proven.

I'd especially want to hear from Kuku.

koko

Post #22

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 pm
Here's a better question. Cite the reasons why you think Trump would win. That might help some get beyond their political bias. If you can't admit that he has a chance of winning, then my point is proven.

Sorry Boy, am not a Democrat so I cannot answer for them.

Why don't answer the question posed to you?

otseng
Savant

Post #23

Post by otseng »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 pm I'd especially want to hear from Kuku.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please refer to others by their correct username and not through a veiled attack.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #24

Post by AgnosticBoy »

otseng wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 am
AgnosticBoy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 pm I'd especially want to hear from Kuku.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please refer to others by their correct username and not through a veiled attack.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My insult was not meant to be veiled but nonetheless I apologize for breaking your rules on civility.
Last edited by AgnosticBoy on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #25

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:12 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 pm

Sorry Boy, am not a Democrat so I cannot answer for them.

Why don't answer the question posed to you?
You don't have to be a Democrat to answer my point because a lot of your points are still anti-Trump.

Do you believe Trump has a chance of winning?

If so, can you present any reasons why he would win?

koko

Post #26

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 pm
You don't have to be a Democrat to answer my point because a lot of your points are still anti-Trump.

My points are pro America.

I already the question of Trump winning - see my replies to historia.

Now answer his question.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #27

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:01 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 pm

I already the question of Trump winning - see my replies to historia.

Last edited by AgnosticBoy on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

koko

Post #28

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:19 pm
"You already the question". <----------------- Not sure what that means.

Anyway, historia asked me (refer to post #20) which Democrats are acting as if Trump has no chance of winning. He is skeptical that anyone would think that Trump has no chance of winning. I'm asking you because you have a record of being anti-Trump. If you say he has no chance of winning or are arguing against all of my points that I've offered to explain that he would win, then my case is proven (i.e. some Democrats are acting as if their predictions are infallible).

So let me ask you clearly again, and we'll let the readers figure out why you don't want to answer, assuming you provide no answer again.

Here is my reply on post # 2:

Recently, there was a vote in Georgia and the outcome was questionable at best. Many voting facilities were closed which kept people from voting. Ballots were found in Maryland and went uncounted. In past elections a person living in District A goes to vote and is told to go to District B. When he goes there he is told to return to District A but by that time he gets back the polls are closed. In Wisconsin during the 2016 elections, over 20,000 Democratic votes were disqualified despite shaky or non existent grounds for doing so. Touch screens are programmed so that if you input blue it may automatically cast a red vote. There is just no way to insure we get an accurate count.

The polls all forecasted an easy win for Hillary in 2016. Somehow, she "lost" despite all the indications she would win. The polls today, again, show Biden is ahead of Trump. But these polls mean absolutely NOTHING because they do not forecast how many votes will be suppressed or be programmed to vote incorrectly.

For those reasons I believe Trump will again "win" in November despite his many failings and shear political incompetence.

my reply on post # 5:

Biden may be ahead for now but you never know what will happen next. The Republicans swift boated Kerry who had been predicted to win, and they began a late pizza scandal on top of the Benghazi scandal against Hillary which cost her many votes. All of these scandals were easily refuted but Republicans chose to ignore the truth. This notwithstanding Republican readiness to side step all the consulate deaths caused by Bush, his failure to prevent 9/11, and his two useless wars that did not make America safer but made things worse all over the world. Hate to say it but Republicans are readily disposed to believe anything that their fellow right wingers say about the Dems even though there isn't a word of truth in none of that propaganda.

I predict we will soon have another FAKE NEWS scandal cooked up by the Republican liars. And right wingers will believe it despite not having a shred of evidence to prove the claim to be made.

Suburban voters, in particular female voters went blue? Despite all of Trump's incompetence, for the most part Republicans remained loyal to their party in the last election here in Minnesota. I see no evidence that they will vote blue in November but will keep you posted if anything in this regard changes.

Re the economy, yes it has fallen badly. Worse drop since the Republican caused Great Depression and it stands to get worse. So what is the Republican response? BLAME DEMOCRATS! BLAME LIBERALS! BLAME OBAMA! BLAME SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS! Now look at the placards carried by the anti-maskers - thousands of signs with these messages and those fools actually believe it! Virus contamination increases and some again blame the Democrats. When governors again close down public facilities, somehow, again, it's BLAME DEMOCRATS! But don't you dare blame the untouchable Trump.

All this and the fact that Republicans suppress votes, deny people the right to vote, close down voting booths, discard absentee ballots, allow people to get sick (note how the amount of sickness is FAR more widespread among minority communities - ask yourself, how will they be aboe to vote when sick?), do not change the law to force employers to allow time for voting, change voting polls from one neighbrohood into another part of town so as to make the booths inaccessible, etc. So far, I see nothing to give me even the slightest degree of optimism that this will be a fair vote and that Biden will win one for America. Instead, I see another "win" for Trump and still another loss for America.

my reply on post # 11:

I agree that the mythic sexual allegations will be made against Biden. This while the many more allegations against Trump will be ignored. Part of the reason for this is the fact that Democrats are far more moral and imposed a higher standard of conduct upon themselves than do the Republican Pharisees. This will definitely cost Biden a few votes and, if anything, give more votes for Trump because his misconduct is view as inspiration by many right wingers.

my reply post # 17:

the Swift boating took place VERY late in the campaign. Republicans (the part of moral Christianity) are very capable of engaging in more such nonsense. In fact, I hereby predict that they will create one and smear Biden. This will also cost him votes. You may bet the farm on it.

my reply post #18:

Professor whose studies predicted 24 of 26 elections predicts Trump to win:

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6168973 ... show-clips

Model projects 91% chance Trump will get re-elected
Jul. 02, 2020 - 7:49 - Stony Brook University professor Helmut Norpoth says the battleground state polls in 2016 were 'way off' and that his model has correctly predicted 24 out of 26 of the past presidential elections.

From reviewing the video, I feel it is in line with accurate predictions made in the past. There simply is nothing in the polls today, nothing in the news, no social trends that I see, nothing which even begins to convince me that Biden has a chance to win in November. And the campaign has hadly even started. Just wait until Republicans cook up another fake news scandal as it will bring them hundreds of thousands if not millions of votes.

All this is readily visible above. How you missed all that is beyond belief.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #29

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to koko in post #28]

Thank you for finally answering my question instead of providing a non-answer which would appear as a deflection to some. There are a lot of posts here and I won't read through all of them, especially from those whose views I find to be too extreme or partisan.

Of course, I believe Trump or Biden has a chance to win. You bring up that Trump could win by cheating, but lets point out that Democrats have their own ways of allowing voter fraud. I just hope Democrats are for voter ID. You need ID to buy alcohol, to drive, and for just about every interaction involving government except when it comes to VOTING. Interestingly, the places that don't require voter ID are mostly in DEMOCRAT run states (source).

koko

Post #30

Post by koko »

"Finally"?

I answered your questions even before you posted them.

Your hero's cabal of vote cheating conspirators will steal the election. When that happens they will succeed in their quest to destroy the USA.