Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Trump in a landslide
8%
Trump comfortably
33%
Trump in a close election
25%
Biden in a close election
17%
Biden comfortably
17%
Biden in a landslide
No votes

Total votes: 12

historia
Prodigy

Post #1

Post by historia »

Early polls (137 days before the election) show Biden leading. But who wins comes November?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Post #61

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:38 am FDR and LBJ also had life threatening illnesses but they overcame these difficulties. That is proof that with good general health, good care, and a strong will, such crises can be overcome. No matter who is in office, I wish they all good health.
It depends on the the type of illness. For instance, if it's dementia then that tends to get progressively worse and there's no recovery in most cases. And this is a disease that effects the very function that you need for office which is COGNITIVE function.

I assume LBJ and FDR had sound minds, correct?

Even Democrats are not to confident of Biden. Check out these gaffes and the analysis on them:

koko

Post #62

Post by koko »

I do not dispute that he has made certain gaffes. On the contary, the record is clear that he makes them. But so does Trump and this is overlooked or side stepped by the right wing. Conservative and Fox network double standards are no secret - the same people who condemned Obama for his "failed" work on Ebola even though only 2 Americans died because of it. All the while those same people applaud Trump despite losing 140,000 Americans because of his failures.

As for dementia, that is a medical determination to be made by qualified medical personnel. If Biden suffers from this because of his gaffes, then Trump is in worse shape and that should concern you as well.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #63

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:57 pm I do not dispute that he has made certain gaffes. On the contary, the record is clear that he makes them. But so does Trump and this is overlooked or side stepped by the right wing. Conservative and Fox network double standards are no secret - the same people who condemned Obama for his "failed" work on Ebola even though only 2 Americans died because of it. All the while those same people applaud Trump despite losing 140,000 Americans because of his failures.

As for dementia, that is a medical determination to be made by qualified medical personnel. If Biden suffers from this because of his gaffes, then Trump is in worse shape and that should concern you as well.
Again, it depends on the types of gaffes. You're acting as if all gaffes are equal. There are major ones and not so major ones. You also ignoring his surgeries.

I mean to have a government official that has served for 40+ years, and he FORGETS a common saying from the Declaration of Independence is a MAJOR gaffe. And he has had two BRAIN surgeries that can lead to brain dysfunction. The combination of these two FACTS is a strong reason to question his cognitive ability.

koko

Post #64

Post by koko »

Trump has had major gaffes as well. As for anyone's medical condition, again, that is to be made by a medical professional and no one else.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #65

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:29 pm Trump has had major gaffes as well. As for anyone's medical condition, again, that is to be made by a medical professional and no one else.
How do you forget the most commonly cited lines of the Declaration of Independence??

You also keep forgetting Biden's brain surgeries. I will keep bringing it up!!

koko

Post #66

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:16 pm
koko wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:29 pm Trump has had major gaffes as well. As for anyone's medical condition, again, that is to be made by a medical professional and no one else.
How do you forget the most commonly cited lines of the Declaration of Independence??

I have repeatedly addressed the alleged Biden issue by saying that is a medical matter to be determined by qualified doctors, not by you or I.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #67

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:52 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:16 pm

I have repeatedly addressed the alleged Biden issue by saying that is a medical matter to be determined by qualified doctors, not by you or I.
Right, as if Biden would release those details...

You don't need a medical doctor to notice some signs of cognitive decline. For starters, he hides in his basement. Is he going to do that as president to avoid facing tough questions and covering up his cognitive decline? Again, how can someone forget one of the most common sayings from the Declaration of Independence? And he's made other MAJOR gaffes on that same scale. We're talking about a guy that has been in government for 40 plus years.

And it is a known fact that brain surgery can lead to some impairment. I already cited the evidence on that. The fact that you haven't acknowledged his brain surgery shows that you have no response to it.. it is a weakness that Democrats don't want to bring up. But I will bring it up to highlight it.

koko

Post #68

Post by koko »

The fact that you haven't acknowledged his brain surgery shows that you have no response to it.

That statement is a delusion as I have said this is a MEDICAL issue to be determined by doctors, not by you or me.

Trump has made as many gaffes as Biden but you ignore that, as usual.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #69

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:39 am
The fact that you haven't acknowledged his brain surgery shows that you have no response to it.

That statement is a delusion as I have said this is a MEDICAL issue to be determined by doctors, not by you or me.

Trump has made as many gaffes as Biden but you ignore that, as usual.
Trump has made gaffes but then again he hasn't been in government for 40+ years. Trump hasn't had brain surgery. Biden has and he's made MAJOR gaffes. In fact, he has a memory problem.

At least Trump is not a scared of tough questions because he has confidence in his cognitive ability. The same can't be said for Biden who hides in his basement and can't even remember the simplest of lines from the Declaration of Independence. Biden is not mentally fit to be president.

koko

Post #70

Post by koko »

Trump forgot about his wife:

And he forgot to salute the Marine at the chopper.

Nobody forgets better than does Trump:

Trump forgets the people he knew:

https://apnews.com/0daf4a4e223e2d7e86fec6b680252f1d

Trump is so mentally unfit to be president that his failed regime has killed over 140,000 Americans - a number that is growing every day.