The integrity and grace of Jeff Sessions

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

The integrity and grace of Jeff Sessions

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

In the face of President Trump's ongoing criticism and belittling of Jeff Sessions, Sessions has maintained his dignity and integrity. And he has been steadfast in his support for President Trump and the Trump agenda in spite Trump's attempts to disparage him. Sessions, has, in effect, turned the other cheek. Sessions has not retaliated, nor has he said anything negative about the President in return.

For debate, is Jeff Sessions an exemplar of what it means to be a Christian in public life in this regard? Is there a better example of forgiveness in the public sphere?

(note, this OP is not an invitation to attack the character of President Trump, but rather one to praise Sessions, and to determine if there is any better example of Christian forgiveness from a politician out there.)
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

bluegreenearth
Guru

Re: The integrity and grace of Jeff Sessions

Post #2

Post by bluegreenearth »

Replying to Elijah John in post #1]

"Forgiveness will not be possible until compassion is born in our heart. Even if you want to forgive, you cannot forgive. In order to be compassionate, you have to understand why the other person has done that to you and your people. You have to see that they are victims of their own confusion, their own worldview, their own grieving, their own discrimination, their own lack of understanding and compassion." - Thich Nhat Hanh