Does Joe Biden condemn or approve of..

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Does Joe Biden condemn or approve of..

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Does Joe Biden condemn or approve of protesters invading restaraunts and screaming at diners? If the latter, how can he claim to be the empathic candidate and accuse President Trump of lacking empathy?

How can Biden or his campaign claim that President Trump is the candidate of darkness while he is the candidate of light?

Why doesn't Joe Biden (or the Democrats for that matter) condemn the riots, harrassment and violence committed in the name of "racial justice" or in the name of BLM? President Trump and the Republicans do.

Do they lack empathy for the victims of BLM and the rioters? Like the 70 year old man that was beaten unconscious for resisting the mob's attempt to burn down his store in Kenosha Wisconsin?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

koko

Re: Does Joe Biden condemn or approve of..

Post #2

Post by koko »

Why?

Possibly for the same reason Trump and Republicans fail to condemn police crimes and social prejudices which cause the problems.

Tcg
Savant

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

Elijah John wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:51 pm
Why doesn't Joe Biden (or the Democrats for that matter) condemn the riots, harrassment and violence committed in the name of "racial justice" or in the name of BLM?
He has:
Biden calls for violent protesters to be ‘found, arrested and tried’

“I think we do need to hold those who violate the law accountable,” Biden said. “We should never let what’s done in a march for equal rights overcome what the reason for the march is. And that’s what these folks are doing. And they should be arrested — found, arrested and tried.”

https://nypost.com/2020/07/28/biden-vio ... and-tried/
It took me all of 2 minutes to find this quote. One would have to purposely avoid even cursory research to miss it.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

koko

Post #4

Post by koko »

Meanwhile, we are waiting for Trump's condemnation of the Boogaloo movement and the troubles it has caused:

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Elijah John in post #1]

Fox News has added even more details about Joe Biden's rejection of violence:
Biden says ‘needless violence won’t heal us’ after Blake shooting

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden condemned the violence in Kenosha, Wisconsin in the wake of the shooting of Jacob Blake Wednesday, saying “needless violence won’t heal us.”

The former vice president’s comments come amid days of unrest in Kenosha after 29-year-old Jacob Blake, a Black man, was shot at close range by city police officers, leaving him partially paralyzed.

“Protesting brutality is a right and absolutely necessary, but burning down communities is not protest,” he said about the unrest after Floyd's killing.

On Wednesday, he struck a similar tone.

“It is needless violence,” Biden said. “Violence that endangers lives and guts businesses and shutters businesses that serve the community. That's wrong.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... e-shooting
When we take the time to actually read what Joe Biden has said and continues to say about needless violence, there is no question where he stands.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

Elijah John wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:51 pm If the latter, how can he claim to be the empathic candidate and accuse President Trump of lacking empathy?
Perhaps because he is aware of this reality:

Trump suggested shooting migrants in the legs: NYT

President Trump suggested having migrants shot in their legs during a March meeting with White House advisers in the Oval Office, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

The Times report is based on interviews with more than a dozen White House administration officials involved in the events the week of the meeting. The article is adapted from a forthcoming book by reporters Michael Shear and Julie Hirschfeld Davis titled “Border Wars: Inside Trump’s Assault on Immigration.” It will be published Oct. 8.

The aides told the Times that Trump suggested to advisers during the Oval Office meeting that they should shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down.

When advisers told Trump some of his suggestions were illegal, he reportedly became frustrated.

“You are making me look like an idiot!” Trump shouted, according to the Times, citing multiple officials in the room. “I ran on this. It’s my issue.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... e-legs-nyt
It is clearly not empathy that drives Donald Trump.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

koko

Post #7

Post by koko »

The aides told the Times that Trump suggested to advisers during the Oval Office meeting that they should shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down.

sure makes this look terribly ironic: