Should Roe v. Wade be overturned?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

historia
Prodigy

Should Roe v. Wade be overturned?

Post #1

Post by historia »

More precisely: Should the current Supreme Court precedent on abortion -- first established by Roe v. Wade, but later modified by Planned Parenthood v. Casey -- be overturned?

My question here is not so much whether abortion should be legal or not, since overturning Roe would not, in itself, make abortion illegal, with several states having laws that explicitly allow for abortions.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Should Roe v. Wade be overturned?

Post #61

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:10 pm The children ,unborn ,and babies you keep bringing up were corrupted by evil. God judged evil and those corrupted by their blood line being corrupted by evil were destroyed.
Now, if only you could show you speak truth.

This section of the site doesn't consider the Bible authoritative.

Let's look at the claims...

1- Children were corrupted
2- By evil (define evil?)
3- God exists or existed
4- God judged evil
5- God judged those corrupted by their bloodline
6- Evil is genetic
7- That bunch was destroyed (as opposed to 'normal' deaths?)
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Tcg
Savant

Post #62

Post by Tcg »

Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:10 pm The children ,unborn ,and babies you keep bringing up were corrupted by evil. God judged evil and those corrupted by their blood line being corrupted by evil were destroyed.
Oddly enough, the passage mentions nothing about their bloodline. What you have argued however is that abortion is okay in some cases.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned

Post #63

Post by Grunt0311 »

Wrong on both your assertions ! Scripture is clear that Noah’s bloodline ( generations )had not been corrupted. God judging evil is hardly an excuse for murdering unborn babies.

Tcg
Savant

Post #64

Post by Tcg »

Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:17 pm Wrong on both your assertions ! Scripture is clear that Noah’s bloodline ( generations )had not been corrupted. God judging evil is hardly an excuse for murdering unborn babies.
Noah's bloodline is irrelevant here. In any case it is God who okayed the forced abortions and murder of babies. God's judgment in fact was the cause of these atrocities at least according to the story.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned

Post #65

Post by Grunt0311 »

You’re not understanding the why which brought on the destruction of S&G at all. The comparison for the why has eluded you. Noah’s generations were uncorrupted the rest ALL whose generations were corrupted were judged and destroyed for good cause , and your making excuses for women to murder their unborn babies speaks volumes.)

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #66

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Thought it was funny.

Just as we see so many theists trying to declare what folks must believe, we see theists wanting to deny a woman's right to control her body.

It's a bit odd that here in the "land of the free" so many theists take that to mean their 'freedom' to impose their beliefs on everybody else.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Tcg
Savant

Post #67

Post by Tcg »

Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:06 pm You’re not understanding the why which brought on the destruction of S&G at all. The comparison for the why has eluded you. Noah’s generations were uncorrupted the rest ALL whose generations were corrupted were judged and destroyed for good cause , and your making excuses for women to murder their unborn babies speaks volumes.)

I'm not making any excuses for anything. I'm stating the facts as presented in Hosea.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned

Post #68

Post by Grunt0311 »

Jer 5:21 - Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:

otseng
Savant

Post #69

Post by otseng »

Grunt0311 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:06 pmand your making excuses for women to murder their unborn babies speaks volumes.)
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please avoid making personal comments.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned

Post #70

Post by Grunt0311 »

No need I am deleting the app. I do not coddle or mince with with God haters.