Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

thomasdixon
Apprentice

ensorship! face book NOW!!!

Post #1

Post by thomasdixon »

Censorship! face book NOW!!!

Personally, I do not believe face book should be censored.

face book represents free speech that should be allowed to continue.

One of America’s greatest protections for its citizens is the guarantee of free speech.

I understand that if a user is inciting violence, face book exercises their right to censor that user and I believe this is as it should be. But there is another side of this coin.

face book is on open forum. Just remember, not only can users see what is being published, so can the FBI, CIA, NSA & CDC as well.

I am sure the FBI and other agencies have multiple teams watching, 24/7., They may even be participating in a clandestine way.

In short, I think the public should get off of face book's, back.

PS: I would rather those hateful people spouting their garbage on face book

Than on a sidewalk in front of a courthouse or whatever.

How about you?
8-)

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: ensorship! face book NOW!!!

Post #2

Post by Purple Knight »

thomasdixon wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:26 pmIn short, I think the public should get off of face book's, back.
I see no reason to attack Facebook because they've done nothing wrong.

Facebook is a private business and is perfectly allowed to act in its own interests. If it sees a benefit in "censoring" content then it should.

However, private individuals, if they see a benefit in attacking Facebook, should also do so. They do no wrong to do so. It goes both ways.

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Re: ensorship! face book NOW!!!

Post #3

Post by thomasdixon »

I see no reason to attack Facebook because they've done nothing wrong.
Facebook is a private business and is perfectly allowed to act in its own interests. If it sees a benefit in "censoring" content then it should.
However, private individuals, if they see a benefit in attacking Facebook, should also do so. They do no wrong to do so. It goes both ways.

The above is a purple post. I reserve the right to disagree while your post above is in line with my thoughts as well, as if it mattered.
8-)