The Good of a Diverse Society

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Knight
Prodigy

The Good of a Diverse Society

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

The good of a diverse society: What is it? Why should we pursue it above other benefits? Is there anything that can prevent us from having the benefit of a diverse society?

(That it's an end in an of itself is a fair answer.)

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: The Good of a Diverse Society

Post #11

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to Purple Knight in post #10]
My point is, if some whites want to separate, because they think their group is disproportionately contributing, but they're wrong, then (let me rephrase) each individual that chose separation under that false premise fails and ends up with less because they were wrong.
Sounds reasonable. Is this not happening? Are those whites wanting to leave and form their own [insert whatever here] and not being allowed to do so?
Maybe they want to come back at that point, and they do so having learned a valuable lesson.
Surely some would, but not all I suspect.
I'm for letting people test things even if I don't believe they're true because I could be wrong.
So long as it doesn't harm anyone else, I say GO FOR IT!
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by Purple Knight »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:27 pm [Replying to Purple Knight in post #10]
My point is, if some whites want to separate, because they think their group is disproportionately contributing, but they're wrong, then (let me rephrase) each individual that chose separation under that false premise fails and ends up with less because they were wrong.
Sounds reasonable. Is this not happening? Are those whites wanting to leave and form their own [insert whatever here] and not being allowed to do so?
There's a secessionist community in Idaho called the American Redoubt that wants to be its own country. It's white, and highly conservative. I recommend the video, "Inside the American Redoubt, Trump Voters Building a New State."

People call them racist and disgusting. If that's true I say it's good that they want to be by themselves. Win-win, right?

I really don't want to believe it takes my intellect to simply not to be caught in that Bugs Bunny gag and scream "Duck season!" because the rabbit said rabbit season.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:25 pm
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:27 pm [Replying to Purple Knight in post #10]
There's a secessionist community in Idaho called the American Redoubt that wants to be its own country. It's white, and highly conservative. I recommend the video, "Inside the American Redoubt, Trump Voters Building a New State."

People call them racist and disgusting. If that's true I say it's good that they want to be by themselves. Win-win, right?

I really don't want to believe it takes my intellect to simply not to be caught in that Bugs Bunny gag and scream "Duck season!" because the rabbit said rabbit season.
That's weird. I wonder what the reasoning is behind their need and why they're being denied and by whom?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!