Who's More Tolerant: The Good, or the Evil?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Who's More Tolerant: The Good, or the Evil?

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

Question for debate: Who is more tolerant, good people, or evil people?

if there’s a Nazi at the table and 10 other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with 11 Nazis.
- Dr. Jens Foell

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Who's More Tolerant: The Good, or the Evil?

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

Eventually, a world of good people is a world of harmony while a world of evil people is one of conflict and misery.

Consequently, good people are more tolerant. :thanks: O:)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:37 pm Question for debate: Who is more tolerant, good people, or evil people?

if there’s a Nazi at the table and 10 other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with 11 Nazis.
- Dr. Jens Foell
I'm not sure good/evil equates to tolerance in any real measurable way. At least not that I've seen, as 'good' and 'evil' tend to change over time, situation and person(s) asked.
Ideally, good people would be more tolerant at one specific place and time, when those specific people are asked.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

TheRootOfDavid
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by TheRootOfDavid »

Purple Knight wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:37 pm Question for debate: Who is more tolerant, good people, or evil people?

There are no good people, at this point in time, on earth.
They are all evil, some more than others and some less.
I am possessed by The 7 Spirits of God

bjs1
Sage

Post #5

Post by bjs1 »

- Dr. Jens Foell
It would depend on the kind of evil. Nazis, like most racists, are extremely intolerant.

I have seen overall decent people be intolerant of anyone whom they thought was not as good as them. I have seen overall dishonest and selfish people be intolerant of most honest people because they assumed (right or wrong) that honest people looked down on them.

The least tolerant people I, personally, have encountered have been those who say that “good” and “evil” are just human constructs that don’t exist. For some reason, that attitude often leads anger and hatred towards the world and intolerance for anyone who doesn’t think like them.

The most tolerant people I have encountered are those who consistently tried to do what was right (be honest, kind, self-controlled, etc.), and who were aware that they often failed to do what was right.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin