Don't say gay/parent's rights bill

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Don't say gay/parent's rights bill

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

I hesitated where to place this: here or CURRENT EVENTS. As I believe this has a religious connation to it, I placed it here. MODS feel free to move it if necessary.

In the USA, Florida governor Desantis (who was once donny's pal, not so much now that donny is being looked at legally and didn't win a second term) is set to sign, what's being called, the DON'T SAY GAY BILL.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/03 ... ounds.html
Link may be more editorial than other links available so below is another:
https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-p ... explained/

Supporters say this will prohibit schools from talking to kids (noted ages under 3rd grade, but the word in various parts is highly ambiguous) about their sexuality (how often does this happen in actuality?).
Detractors say, basically, it's removing the discussion about anything other than 'straight' from the classrooms.
I've read the bill in its entirety.
I can understand, what I will call, the major/minor point of it - and don't totally disagree (though I think that is nothing more than a way to hide the true intent).
However, the wording in much of it is ambiguous.
For example: it mentions 'age appropriate' but, interpreted broadly, it could include older kids.

Desantis seems to have a burr in his step when it comes to anything other than straight and white. It makes me wonder what in his past would cause such a thing? Bad (good?) camp experience, perhaps? Truly, it would be interesting to find out!

But what strikes me is that, in regards to schools in the USA, there are a host of other things more important than this to address.
Guns and shootings
Abuse (both teacher and student)
Drugs
Getting good teachers
Allowing them to tech what kids need to know to function in the world (I know, crazy right?!?)

For discussion:
Are too many social issues plaguing the USA's schools these days, prohibiting teaching the future what they need to know to function in the world and be productive?
Or are these types of social issues what school should focus more on forgetting the focus on reading writing and math?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Don't say gay/parent's rights bill

Post #2

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I'm for the legislation.

It's a measured, practical approach to make the ghey go away.

Pretty thing there's got her a five year old grand'n. He knows what gay means, and is disgusted to know people swap spit, regardless of their sexual orientation.

All this bill's gonna accomplish is to comfort folks who demand to control what others do in their privacy.

It kinda reminds of that time me and the pretty thing was laying in bed. She looked over to me all sultry like, and said, "I wanna try something different". I said, "Okay, what's your thing?" She said, "I want you to poke it in the other hole." It kinda shocked me, and I thought on it a bit, then said, "Ain't you scared of getting pregnant?"
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin