nobspeople
Prodigy

Now God is relevant

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Article here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/growing-reli ... 10352.html

From the article:
“You name it, God is there, because people know you can’t trust your politicians, you can’t trust your sheriffs, you can’t trust law enforcement. The only one you can trust is God right now.”

I find this beyond frightening. Not so much as 'trusting in god' (trust in a plate of flesh eating tortellini for all I care), but the lack of trust in, it seems, most anything else. I wonder is these people would say that laying in an ER?
At any rate, the article speaks of the (further) mixing of politics and christianity specifically, not religion in general.

For discussion:
Should christians protest other religions in politics?
Why or why not?
Should non-believers protest religion in politics?
Why or why not?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Miles
Savant

Re: Now God is relevant

Post #2

Post by Miles »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:35 am
For discussion:
Should christians protest other religions in politics?
Why or why not?
Certainly. Just as they should protest those of their own religion. I don't believe any religion should be involved in politics because the unscrupulous seem to eventually get their Hail Mary's and Hallelujahs into the machinery of government.

Should non-believers protest religion in politics?
Why or why not?
Yeah they should, because eventually religion seems to find its way into some odd corner of government where it can gnaw away at the separation of church and state.

Wootah
Savant

Re: Now God is relevant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

All things rot and rust and fade away. No institution I know of does not corrupt. I am OK with you saying it is absurd to put trust in an imaginary being but it is far more absurd to claim to know reality and put your trust in actual human institutions.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."