Were Adam and Eve the First Humans?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

John Bauer
Apprentice

Were Adam and Eve the First Humans?

Post #1

Post by John Bauer »

In the thread "Genetics and Adam and Eve," DrNoGods claimed that the creation narrative in Genesis describes Adam and Eve as the first humans. He said that
  • Adam and Eve have an "explicit role in the biblical creation myth as being the first humans."
  • "Their explicit role as the first humans [is] described in Genesis."
  • "According to the biblical creation myth there was (...) only two" people originally.
  • "Genesis very clearly does describe Adam and Eve as the first humans that this God created."
I would appreciate DrNoGods substantiating this claim of his, for I don't agree that Genesis says this. I would like to see this explored further.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Re: Were Adam and Eve the First Humans?

Post #51

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to jimtatertayte in post #47]
Or maybe you do not know that you do not know.
That I don't know what? Elaborate please, as this response has no relationship to my post in any way. Are the "devils" you mention your own imagination, or do you have some source for why you think they "roamed the earth" at the time of the imaginary Adam and Eve of bible fame?
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #52

Post by jimtatertayte »

DrNoGods wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:37 pm [Replying to jimtatertayte in post #47]
Or maybe you do not know that you do not know.
That I don't know what? Elaborate please, as this response has no relationship to my post in any way. Are the "devils" you mention your own imagination, or do you have some source for why you think they "roamed the earth" at the time of the imaginary Adam and Eve of bible fame?
If you do not have the ability to converse with me
without disrespecting me than I do not have the ability to converse
with you in respect. And since it is your own words that
honor you or dishonor you I need not disrespect you.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #53

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to jimtatertayte in post #52]
If you do not have the ability to converse with me
without disrespecting me than I do not have the ability to converse
with you in respect. And since it is your own words that
honor you or dishonor you I need not disrespect you.
There is nothing I've said to you that is disrespectful in any way. I simply asked a question that you evidently cannot, or will not, answer, or don't understand for some reason. But I'm happy to not waste any more time since your responses have nothing at all to do with the questions.
Last edited by DrNoGods on Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

otseng
Savant

Post #54

Post by otseng »

jimtatertayte wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 pm Or maybe you do not know that you do not know.

9. No unconstructive one-liners posts are allowed in debates.

Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

otseng
Savant

Post #55

Post by otseng »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:55 pm Somethings are the demonstration of the truth requiring
no burden of proof for the wise for it's purpose is hidden from
them that are stupid to which is it's primary objective, in the first place.
Moderator Comment

Please do not indirectly or directly attack others on the forum.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #56

Post by jimtatertayte »

otseng wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:10 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:55 pm Somethings are the demonstration of the truth requiring
no burden of proof for the wise for it's purpose is hidden from
them that are stupid to which is it's primary objective, in the first place.
Moderator Comment

Please do not indirectly or directly attack others on the forum.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Please give me a warning before you ban me.
Thank you.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #57

Post by The Tanager »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:57 pmPlease give me a warning before you ban me.
Thank you.
Moderator Comment

Please respond to moderator comments via private message.

Please review the Rules.

[/quote]

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #58

Post by jimtatertayte »

Tcg wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:28 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:06 pm
Do you even know what is a devil?
What is a devil? Explain it to me.
Given that you made the following claim:
jimtatertayte wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:06 pm
Devils, when God created Adam and Eve there were devils and their offspring roaming the earth.
You need to explain what you meant by the word devils in this quote above. That and of course actually provide evidence to support this claim. Whether or not Judas was a devil is irrelevant to your claim. What others think of the meaning of word devil is also irrelevant. What matters is what you think it means and your ability to support your claim.

Tcg
A devil is an angel that has lost the image of God through sin.
The children of the devils are the human offspring of the angels
who lost the image of God
through sin.

The offspring of the devils and their offspring
and so forth and so forth...are devils.

So a devil can either be an angel who has lost the image of God
through sin or the human offspring of them.

Is that clear enough for you?

Judas was a devil. He was the offspring of devils.

Here is proof that Judas was a devil...

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.
He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth,
because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar,
and the father of it.

1 John 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil:
whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Judas did the deeds of his father the devil
and he did not do righteousness. As stated in your book..he was a devil.

Is that enough support for you?

I am more than able to prove anything I so desire at anytime I so desire
and do it with the greatest of ease.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #59

Post by jimtatertayte »

Now the next question is how do I know
that devils were roaming around on earth at the same time or even before Adam and Eve?

Your science has dated human bones found on earth far back beyond the time frame
given in the book of Genesis of the age of Adam and Eve.

There you go....your move.

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #60

Post by EarthScienceguy »

[Replying to John Bauer in post #1]
In the thread "Genetics and Adam and Eve," DrNoGods claimed that the creation narrative in Genesis describes Adam and Eve as the first humans. He said that
Adam and Eve have an "explicit role in the biblical creation myth as being the first humans."
"Their explicit role as the first humans [is] described in Genesis."
"According to the biblical creation myth there was (...) only two" people originally.
"Genesis very clearly does describe Adam and Eve as the first humans that this God created."
I would appreciate DrNoGods substantiating this claim of his, for I don't agree that Genesis says this. I would like to see this explored further.
Dr. NoGods is correct in his interpretation all except for the myth part. But Genesis is not the only place that says that Adam and Eve were the first humans.
Mark 10:6 says, “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’”
Exodus 20:11 states: “For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.”
Luke 13:14 14 But the ruler of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, said to the people, “There are six days in which work ought to be done. Come on those days and be healed, and not on the Sabbath day.”
Mark 10:5-10 5 And Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. 6 But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ 7, therefore, a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife,1 8 and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. 9 what therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
There is ample evidence from the Bible that the world was created in six days and if the world was created in six days there would have had to have been an Adam and Eve singular. There is no reason why a Christian should back down from this truth that the Bible states there is ample evidence from science to support both of these claims that the world was created in 6 days 6-10 thousand years ago and that the human race started off with just 2 humans.